PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer feature question.

thefalen
12-08-2004, 07:22 PM
Will we be able to play the dynamic campaign, in multiplayer?

Or will it just be single missions??

thefalen
12-08-2004, 07:22 PM
Will we be able to play the dynamic campaign, in multiplayer?

Or will it just be single missions??

Pr0metheus 1962
12-08-2004, 07:42 PM
I would guess it would only be single missions. If it was possible to play the full campaign you might have to wait in port in 1:1 time while someone else was attacking a convoy. I think it would get rather tedious being forced to play at 1:1 time whenever someone else was attacking a ship.

Capt.LoneRanger
12-09-2004, 04:06 AM
Good point, Beeryus

There could be a work around, for example the possibility to stay in port while the other boat is still being repaired. The time compression could be handled out in SH2, too. I hope they'll implement that feature in SH3, too.

But still, it would be boring most of the time and not really realistic.

U-Boats seldomly operated close to another, except some convoy was reported. And if you warp through the campaign the whole time, then had to wait for the other player to close in on the convoy you reported, it again comes down to just doing the mission together.

It could be possible, though, they implement a feature in the missions, that let you choose your sub or the sub with the same modifications or improvements you use in the campaign. Don't know, if it would be worth the effort, though?