PDA

View Full Version : Widescreen

Metros269
08-03-2005, 10:34 PM
I got a 24" widescreen monitor.....will Myst V support it's resolution? 1920 x 1200?

Yianni

bowendesign
08-04-2005, 06:02 AM
Being a 3D engine, I'm sure it will. Even games that don't support various resolutions can be tweaked to do so - the developers of Silent Hunter 3 said it was impossible to create the game above 1024X768. Funny how through a Dx9 tweak I'm running it smoothly at 1280X1024!

Alahmnat
08-04-2005, 11:04 AM
Yes, EoA will support widescreen resolutions. It was running on G5's with Cinema Displays in natural resolution at E3 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

jackoalan2004
08-04-2005, 12:20 PM
Wow what a relief. I won't have to worry about streching the image on my 86" front projection TV. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Metros269
08-04-2005, 05:19 PM
Awesome.....I wanted to see if I could get uru runing in widescreen.....any info on that? Thanks in advance!

Yianni

Alahmnat
08-05-2005, 12:24 AM
Uru dose not, as far as I could tell by testing it myself, support widescreen resolutions, so you'd have to play it "stretched" to the closest resolution you can set.

AnamanFan
08-22-2005, 07:26 PM
By 'support widescreen resolutions', do you mean that it will work on a widescreen, or will it use the extra space?

Reason I'm bringing this up is the demo. I am able to play it on my widescreen 15" Powerbook, but the edges are clipped (aka: Not widescreen resolution). I only had two choices on resoultion (800x600 && 1024x768), neither are widescreen resoultions.

Is this just the demo, or does 'widescreen support' simply mean that it will work on said screen with no problems but black bars on the sides.

Feliskitty
08-24-2005, 02:57 PM
You have to unclick the "Recommended" checkbox to access 1280x854 which is widescreen.

seagullfree
08-29-2006, 12:22 PM
Hi there. I have an annoying problem. I have installed Myst V and I have accidentally chosen a resolution in the game setup that my 16:9 LCD TV can not handle. I restarted the game, but the setting remained the same, OK, that is right I have done this wrong setting, the program will use this until I will change it. But I can not do it 'coz I can not see anything. OK, uninstall. Restart computer. Then reinstall. And the resolution settings became the same... Why? I have uninstalled the game. Where are the settings stored? In the registry? Is there any safe mode starting or something like that for Myst V? Or where can I find the config file? Please help me out.

Alahmnat
08-29-2006, 01:11 PM
The graphic settings for EoA are stored in the game's init folder. As I don't have a PC with the game installed to check, I can only assume that the init folder is located within the following directory:

C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Application Data\Myst V: End of Ages

Where User is your username. Make sure you have "View hidden files and folders" enabled in your Windows Explorer view options.

Anyway, the offending file you're after is the graphics.ini file. Delete that and the game will revert to its default settings.

Vogelaar
08-29-2006, 01:31 PM
Alahmnat is correct, except folder names cannot contain a colon : since that is reserved for drive letters. The path is

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Myst V End of Ages\init\graphics.ini

where <username> is your Windows user name.