PDA

View Full Version : Help with PF & IL 2 FB & AEP - Freezes amd Crashes - Help please...

AHarrington
08-04-2005, 11:22 PM
Hello everyone,

First time I've posted in the forum and at my wits end so am asking for someone's help please, so I can fly again.

Have played IL2 FB & AEP, with Battle over Europe since they came out without any problems. I run G-Force FX 5200 AGP with 128MBDDR card. Installed PF when it first came out last year again without problems. I downloaded a few patches for IL2 FB and PF, but not the most recent 3.03/3.04 patches.

Two months ago, I installed Brothers-In-Arms. That's when my problems began (screen freezes, picture disintergration, slow gameplay, crashes/shutdowns). Just not a good thing!. Started to effect IL2 and PF. So have uninstalled BIA (never to return to that again!). I have uninstall and re-installed IL2 FB, Battle Over Europe and PF twice, updated my driver for my G-Force card, updated to directx9c, deleted temporary stuff (at Ubisoft's Solution Center's advice). And I am now at this stage.

I cannot get IL2 FB and AEP to run at all, either via the desktop icon or via My Computer. The start-up window with the Gloster Gladiator appears and then it shuts down. It just doesn't want to boot up, yet prior to BIA it ran just fine.

Now with PF, it "works", but as soon as gameplay starts, the monitor clicks to a blank screen, the game is still running with sound coming via the speakers with full gun control. I hit control-alt-delete. The Windows Task Manager appears shows the game is running. Then click the WTM to close and click PF which is in the bottom of the toolbar, the picture re-appears for a few seconds, before it clicks off again and I'm back to flying in a coal mine.

Can someone make some suggestions to help me out please?.

Thank you very much,
A Frustrated Flyer

AHarrington
08-04-2005, 11:22 PM
Hello everyone,

First time I've posted in the forum and at my wits end so am asking for someone's help please, so I can fly again.

Have played IL2 FB & AEP, with Battle over Europe since they came out without any problems. I run G-Force FX 5200 AGP with 128MBDDR card. Installed PF when it first came out last year again without problems. I downloaded a few patches for IL2 FB and PF, but not the most recent 3.03/3.04 patches.

Two months ago, I installed Brothers-In-Arms. That's when my problems began (screen freezes, picture disintergration, slow gameplay, crashes/shutdowns). Just not a good thing!. Started to effect IL2 and PF. So have uninstalled BIA (never to return to that again!). I have uninstall and re-installed IL2 FB, Battle Over Europe and PF twice, updated my driver for my G-Force card, updated to directx9c, deleted temporary stuff (at Ubisoft's Solution Center's advice). And I am now at this stage.

I cannot get IL2 FB and AEP to run at all, either via the desktop icon or via My Computer. The start-up window with the Gloster Gladiator appears and then it shuts down. It just doesn't want to boot up, yet prior to BIA it ran just fine.

Now with PF, it "works", but as soon as gameplay starts, the monitor clicks to a blank screen, the game is still running with sound coming via the speakers with full gun control. I hit control-alt-delete. The Windows Task Manager appears shows the game is running. Then click the WTM to close and click PF which is in the bottom of the toolbar, the picture re-appears for a few seconds, before it clicks off again and I'm back to flying in a coal mine.

Can someone make some suggestions to help me out please?.

Thank you very much,
A Frustrated Flyer

Hoarmurath
08-04-2005, 11:53 PM
i suggest you ask your question in the technical support forum :

http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/6/ubb.x?a=frm&s=400102&f=49310655 (http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/6/ubb.x?a=frm&s=400102&f=49310655)

there you will find people able to help you...

Xiolablu3
08-05-2005, 09:37 AM
Installing Brothers In Arms will not make your computer do this.

This sounds an unusual problem. Have you tried some older drivers for your Card?

If so then it may be that your graphics card has failed. Try a different card in the machine.

Also try a complete reformat with your windows CD, it may be Spyware/Virus's etc causing the prob.

Ctrl-Alt-Del and see if there are loads of suspicious precess's running, maybe google a few to find out what they are. This way you could see if you are infested without a reformat.

Also, the 5200 is a notoriously bad card for games.

Get your self a new card, you could pick up a Geforce TI4600 on ebay for about 25/$30 which would be twice as good as that FX5200.
(Of course you could also get a much better card for a bit more cash but just demonstrating how cheap a better card IS)

Atomic_Marten
08-05-2005, 09:41 AM
Hey mate did you tried to set another resolution for a game?

path \IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles\il2setup.exe, or in your START>Programs>UbiSoft>PF+FB+AEP>Setup

Open video tab and select 800x600 in 16 colours. If that fails then you got some kind of problem. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif(I think that you have maybe set some unsupported frequency, check it also)

Atomic_Marten
08-05-2005, 09:44 AM
Aslo make sure that you use 66.93 drivers (I use them under XP windows), that guarantees that you will bug free in game.

Newer drivers (7x.xx series) may cause some graphical bugs.

AHarrington
08-06-2005, 10:22 PM
Thanks, Atomic Marten.

You got it right, my screen resolution was off and I found out as well (for some reason) that it picked up Glide rather than Direct X AS as the driver.
I'm back in the air and I appreciate everyone's help and suggestions.