PDA

View Full Version : will the game run on ati 3200 mobile version?

germanyU-boat
11-12-2010, 03:16 PM
i have an acer aspire 5534-1096 will this be able to run the game? i will be buying the game off steam. Thanks for the help

germanyU-boat
11-12-2010, 03:18 PM
an plus i will be getting sh 4 plus add on thanks again for all the help

germanyU-boat
11-12-2010, 03:29 PM
an the os i'am running is win 7 home premium (64bit) thanks

Mittelwaechter
11-13-2010, 04:10 AM
Hi germanyU-boat, welcome aboard.

The ATI 3200 is an onboard chip sharing RAM of your motherboard.

Don't expect great performance, but it should be able to run SH3, assuming you have at least 2 GB of RAM. Don't run any other stuff while playing; GWX or other major mods may be a problem.

Recommended for SH3:

2 GHz CPU or equivalent, 1024 MB RAM, Video Memory 128 MB - your Acer should match that.

There is an edit function available in the downright corner of the posting. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

germanyU-boat
11-13-2010, 08:22 AM
Does sh3, and sh4 all able to run on win7 (64bit)?

Mittelwaechter
11-13-2010, 09:02 AM
I don't know about SH4 but SH3 runs like a charm on my Win7HP64.

Please someone second that SH4 runs on a 7/64 either.

For SH3 - install into C:\games, no starforce, no DVD, patch 1.4b if necessary and you're good to go.

germanyU-boat
11-13-2010, 03:31 PM
Ok thanks

Kaleun1961
11-13-2010, 07:05 PM
I've got it running on a W7/64 system, but nowhere near as reliably as on my XP system. I am plagued with random crashes and my current career patrol is FUBARed; I can't get it to run more than a few seconds once I reload any of the five different saves I have for it. However, I am not yet definite that it is 7's fault. This is a new gaming notebook and I still have to run some intense hardware testing. I may have a bad RAM module, for example, but won't know for certain until I run some deep diagnostics. But, yes, it is possible to get it to run on W7.

I'm not confident that SH3 will run on the system mentioned in this thread. I've tried to run SH3 on two different notebooks that were well appointed with RAM; one had an onboard graphics chipset, the other had a dedicated 128 MB for video plus 2 GB of system RAM. In spite of those resources it only ran stock SH3 at 1-2 FPS.

germanyU-boat
11-13-2010, 07:33 PM
Well I got sh3 to run on my laptop, plus I went online, it is play able. If u know anything that I could use to count fps, I will tell u max fps.and lowest fps

germanyU-boat
11-13-2010, 10:13 PM
When you finish a mission, and go back to port how do you get off the boat an back to your office?

An plus how do you talk online in-game chat? Thanks for all the help.

Mittelwaechter
11-14-2010, 03:51 AM
If you are surfaced and there is no enemy unit around you can teleport back to your homeport by 'ESC' key and "End Mission" (or similar).

It works close to a friendly port - or your homeport - as well, but you will be asked if you want to dock at that port. Get into ~ 25 kilometers radius.

For online talk use i.e. teamspeak, for online chat press 'NumLock' key.

@ Kaleun1961

Sad to hear you have problems playing SH3 on your new rig. Assuming you old SH3 chap have installed it correctly, did you try the 4 GB patch (http://www.lsh3.com/v5/tools/4GB_PATCH.7z) from LSH?

And did you install the latest DirectX 9.c libraries? DX11 is said to carry all DX9c files, but I'm not sure about that. I do run them. Maybe worth a try?

germanyU-boat
11-14-2010, 08:56 AM
Thanks for the help, this will help me a'lot

Kaleun1961
11-14-2010, 05:14 PM
To see frame rates in-game, simply press "Ctrl + F8." The result will be displayed at the top of the screen. Press the same key combination to toggle it off.

Mittlewaechter, I have installed the 4GB patch. It seemed to help for some time, but then the game became unstable again. As soon as I have my desktop running again I'll be going back to SH3 on an XP system. As regards to DX 9c, have you installed it onto your W7 system, and if so, are there any negative consequences from doing so?

germanyU-boat
11-14-2010, 08:54 PM
So far the game is runing very nice, but I will have to get back later about fps. I'am busy up intill thrusday, or friday this week.

Thanks for all the help

Mittelwaechter
11-15-2010, 02:29 AM
Hi Kaleun1961,

additionally to the installed DX11 files for my graphics card I have installed the DX9c files for some older games to run properly. Some say DX11 has all the DX9c libraries included, but I doubt it. You will find several online discussions solving problems with older games by installing DX9c onto DX11 installations.

It doesn't harm your computer and there are no negative consequences I'm aware of. Give it a try - deinstallation is only one restoration point away.

My rig is running smooth and I guess it's very hard to kick W7 out of the track, I had no problems with XP either. It may depend on what stuff you run, how many parallel tasks are up and what hardware is used. A 'monday motherboard' will never give you any joy.