PDA

View Full Version : I got nubbed but...

Munktor
11-18-2010, 09:50 AM
Played for the first time last night. Put a few hours into the SP story and had a good ol' time robbing civilians and killing guards. Only on sequence 2 with that lamer Niccolo whom I just know is going to backstab me later...I digrees.

Then I tried out the MP. Man oh Man did I get nubbed hard but had a great time learning/understanding the strategy.

Quite a few people just run around like spazzes and that's disheartening but a few of the people in my game were being stealth and tactical. I love being surprised from out of nowhere and killed lol. I love standing around gesturing with an NPC just to spin around and tag my target. Twas a great time and i'm excited to play more tonight after work.

Any hints for a nub like me??

obliviondoll
11-18-2010, 10:33 AM
Sounds like you're already better than half the crowd.

Your best advice is to be patient when someone comes on the headset saying "Bull **** you beat me!! I got 3 times as many kills!!! This game is ****!"

Or laugh at them. Your call.

But seriously, when you're in a blend group, let go of the movement controls, you'll move more like an NPC that way.

And always keep an extra eye out for people moving NOT like NPCs, make sure you don't give yourself away to your hunter when you think they're onto you.

Munktor
11-18-2010, 10:39 AM
I noticed that when you spawn initially you'll move innocuously in a random direction if you don't hit any buttons.

Will this "lead" me to my target?

Is there any way to get back into this casual walk once i've taken control?

obliviondoll
11-18-2010, 10:42 AM
That casual walk is the same way you move when you're in a moving crowd and not touching the controls.

Other than that, it's only when spawning.

And it moves you randomly along the same routes the NPCs can take. Usually leads you to target eventually, but only through blind luck, not intention.

Bear in mind, I'm talking from experience in the beta, not final release version. Might have been tweaked since.

Will let you know when I start playing in a couple of days (SO excited. Single player marathon starts in just over 2 hours)

Munktor
11-18-2010, 10:43 AM
I'm stuck at work reading the forums, but thanks for your help Obliviondoll =)

Rainie
11-18-2010, 10:49 AM
I put some of my hints in this thread as well as some other people, take a gander, some good stuff there http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1024388/m/2191008298 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2361024388/m/2191008298)

Munktor
11-18-2010, 10:53 AM
Wow, what a whiner that guy is lol.

Is there anywhere that details the level unlocks? A skill-tree of sorts? I think I can flip through it in the game but I was wondering if there was a chart for each ability at what level.

Rainie
11-18-2010, 11:23 AM
Here ya go http://tutorial.downloadatoz.c...rds-perks-guide.html (http://tutorial.downloadatoz.com/assassin-s-creed-brotherhood-multiplayer-rewards-perks-guide.html)

Munktor
11-18-2010, 12:48 PM
thanks!

BloodyMoon1
11-18-2010, 01:14 PM
One thing that surprisingly hasn't been mentioned yet, don't be one of those people that gets into a chase for every single kill. You MIGHT get a few more kills, but crappy points. I was level 1 in a match with a level 12, I got 2nd place, and when I joined there were only 4 minutes left. Granted I was a beta tester so I had experience, but being stealthy is the way to go. Don't even have good stuff like poison yet and already I've scored 1200 from 1 kill, and am currently only 12 or 13. Also, move your camera around often. Even if someone doesn't get into chase mode, if your pursuer runs even just a little while in your sight, a red marker will show up briefly, so that helps you know who/where the pursuer is. Also, hiding/stunning is your friend, learn to do it well and even an experienced killer will hate you as he lays on the cold floor, waiting for his pursuer to kick him in the head.

Btw, PS3 or 360?

Munktor
11-18-2010, 01:17 PM
PS3.

I've only played one match so far.

munkt0r is my tag if you want to get a game some time =)

BloodyMoon1
11-18-2010, 01:22 PM
Ok. My brother-in-law is playing at the moment, so I'll be like a hour or so before I can get on to add. Mines Twin_Dragon5150

Munktor
11-18-2010, 01:24 PM
No worries, i'm at work and won't be on till much later in the evening heh.

BloodyMoon1
11-18-2010, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Munktor:
No worries, i'm at work and won't be on till much later in the evening heh.

West Coast?

Munktor
11-18-2010, 01:38 PM
I'm usually online playing games 8pm to midnight CST or all day on weekends heh.

I need a partner for the Manhunt missions though so add me up and we'll get one going some time.

BloodyMoon1
11-18-2010, 01:46 PM
Something I'm thinking about is getting a group of friends together and just let each other kill the **** out of each other for the points to level up. Maybe just do a full game of friends in Manhunt and have the groups kick the **** out of each other, without running, and just going to 1 spot....like a death orgy.

Munktor
11-18-2010, 02:09 PM
Yea, i'm not a stad padder so I wouldn't be down for that.

Also, I don't think points in private matches go to XP or leaderboards.

BloodyMoon1
11-18-2010, 02:26 PM
Lol actually I would be doing that to help out my friends, as far as leveling goes, I manage just fine. Got to level 8 in 4 matches, lol.

Munktor
11-18-2010, 02:27 PM
I hear ya, I'm just saying i'd never feel good about my own accomplishments if I had someone "help" me get them.

ThiefShao
11-18-2010, 02:50 PM
My biggest piece of advice is be patient. Don't do the running around spazzing stuff. Take your time on each kill / defense as it will add up a ton and give you the lead.