PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using the Iron browser that can't access this forum with it?

Six_Gun
06-10-2010, 02:19 PM
I for some reason get this error anymore when trying to access this forum with the Iron browser. Iron btw is merely an open source, non Google version of Chrome.

Failed member integration login Caused by: 'com.infopop.platform.common.bo.Security$MiscSecur ityFailure: Security Token Refused by OneCommunity Server: 'Y''

For now I've reverted back to Firefox as my default browser.

AMuppetMatt
06-10-2010, 02:58 PM
I'm having that problem too, except I'm using firefox and it comes up.

It's turned into a sick game where I have about 1 second to click the log in button so that I can access the forum. I originally had it where I was signed in all the time, but not only does it log me out randomly but also means that it redirects that that screen when I'm offline.

Like I say, sadistic game where I have to click the log in button the second it appears...

Six_Gun
06-10-2010, 03:55 PM
Hmmm, interesting, I'm not having the problem with FF here or any other forum I've been on with it today. Iron for some time has been slow at accessing pages, crashing out of the blue, and sometimes giving the error messages. Usually the error messages are a thing where the next 1 or 2 tries it will access the page.

Anyway, getting sick of Iron and using their support forum is a joke. I first tried it when I had problems with the Google redirect bug using Explorer and FF, but Iron was invulnerable to it. At first Iron was way faster than IE or FF, but now it's literally a PITA. I get the feeling there's been a change in the crew of those supporting it.

Lately a more fitting name would be Rust, not Iron. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

TorQue1988
06-10-2010, 03:57 PM
i have the same problem too....it started today...i am using google chrome

TheEpicWolf
06-10-2010, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by TorQue1988:
i have the same problem too....it started today...i am using google chrome

Same, i got around it by quickly signing in though because it wouldn't let me on without being signed in :-/

M-dahaka
06-10-2010, 04:44 PM
found a temporary solution: clear your history of your browser, cookies and all too. that solved the problem for me for at least a few days.

Six_Gun
06-10-2010, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by M-dahaka:
found a temporary solution: clear your history of your browser, cookies and all too. that solved the problem for me for at least a few days. LOL, didn't even think of that. I'll whack those cookies with CCleaner.

I'm wondering now if Ubi even has DRM on the forum login. Delete cookies Registration Management http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

M-dahaka
06-10-2010, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Six_Gun:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by M-dahaka:
found a temporary solution: clear your history of your browser, cookies and all too. that solved the problem for me for at least a few days. LOL, didn't even think of that. I'll whack those cookies with CCleaner.

I'm wondering now if Ubi even has DRM on the forum login. Delete cookies Registration Management http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ye, the DRM requires you to remain online to access the forums, otherwise you get kicked of, sound familiar? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Six_Gun
06-10-2010, 06:08 PM
Well I went to use CCLeaner to delete cookies/history in Iron, then I remembered CCLeaner by default does not support Iron (don't know about Chrome). Along the way I stumbled upon this nice little tut on how to add Iron to CCLeaner, and it really works! http://en.kioskea.net/faq/3892...ser-iron-to-ccleaner (http://en.kioskea.net/faq/3892-add-iron-browser-iron-to-ccleaner) So does the cookies/history dumping trick btw. I am using Iron posting this. Perhaps the lack of a convenient cookies/history dumping feature is why Iron was running so slow and glitchy. It seems to be more perky now.

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/7086/importirontoccleaner.jpg

(EDITED)
After further testing, the above CCLeaner WinApp2.ini hack is not without problems. It WILL allow me to now delete all cookies and history in Iron, but the cookies will not show up in the left page of CCLeaner's Cookies\Options page. Cookies that show in the right hand of that page relating to some of the sites I logon to do not retain those cookies to avoid relogging as they should.

It appears I'm going to have to uncheck all the Iron deletion options, then FF to go to each site I login to one at a time, so their cookies will appear, then move them to the right side of the cookies page. If that doesn't work, I'll just have to wait until CCLeaner supports Chrome and Iron.

On a side note, what's strange is once I login to both SCC and AC2 Ubi forums, only with SSC do I not have to log back in. I always have to log back in on the Ubi AC2 forum since today if using Iron, weird.

Marius_Darkwolf
06-11-2010, 12:13 AM
Having the issue with FF as well. I actually have to log out. Go into the forums, then log in again once I'm in the forums for it to work. And I really don't want to clear my cookies, just got twitter to keep me logged in

SevketErhat
06-11-2010, 12:33 AM
I use Opera and face several problems in this forum

Murcuseo
06-11-2010, 03:31 AM
I was having this issue with FF all day yesterday but IE8 seemed to work fine. Using FF again today and its sorted

BTOG46
06-11-2010, 09:01 AM
It's just the forum software acting up, and not specific to any browser.

To fix that login error, the only cookie that needs deleting is the Ubi login one.

Alternatively, you can go to Ubi.com and log out, then go to the forums and log in again, that's been reported as fixing things without needing to delete any cookies.

One other thing some of you may have noticed, is that your sigs aren't displaying, this often happens when there's a hiccup with the forum software, and it usually clears up after a while.

NightmareGK13
06-12-2010, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by BTOG46:
It's just the forum software acting up, and not specific to any browser.

To fix that login error, the only cookie that needs deleting is the Ubi login one.

Alternatively, you can go to Ubi.com and log out, then go to the forums and log in again, that's been reported as fixing things without needing to delete any cookies.

One other thing some of you may have noticed, is that your sigs aren't displaying, this often happens when there's a hiccup with the forum software, and it usually clears up after a while.

specific or not i can't access the forum via Firefox and Chrome only via IE
managed to post this out of luck on IE
also i can't seem to play AC2
keeps saying it's logging in

Six_Gun
06-12-2010, 01:32 PM
I am now having to login every time with both Iron and FF. I refuse to stoop to trying with IE. This is the only forum I'm having this problem with, other than Ubi's SCC forum, which is also requiring login every time now.