PDA

View Full Version : How do you adjust Rotary sensitivity on X45 for Trim?

Charlie901
02-25-2005, 07:43 PM
I'm having a hard time adjusting trim via the X45 Rotary wheels.

I have Trim properly mapped to the Rotaries. However, when I move the Rotary wheel just off the center sticky point it adjusts Trim too much to keep my A/C level. I then have too find the approximate sweet spot by backing the wheel up amost back to the sticking point again (which is very frustrating if you goo to far and it snaps back to center).

Is there a way too flatten the Rotary wheel adjustment increments so that its less responsive?

Wilburnator
02-25-2005, 08:17 PM
I don't know if there's a way to do this, but I wouldn't do it anyway if I were you. The rotaries only have so much travel... if you decrease the sensitivity of the control, you will limit the amount of trim you get from a complete rotation. You want ALL of your trim, don't you? I find it's only really useful (to me) to map elevator trim to a slider or rotary. Rudder and aileron trim I set with keys on take off and forget. Elevator trim I use constantly while fighting, so it's not critical to have it stay EXACTLY in one spot anyway. I map prop pitch to the other rotary.

Arms1
02-26-2005, 02:00 AM
dont have one but did see a thread posted explaing the you could adjust the + and - inputs on a rotary by placing a deadzone in between, maybe a search will help

Tully__
02-26-2005, 02:12 AM
No need to search. Click the "Joysticks..." link under my signature picture and read the section near the bottom of the article under the "I added a second controller...." heading, it explains how to adjust sensitivity on axes/sliders other than the three primary flight control axes.

Longjocks
02-26-2005, 06:58 AM
I use the default rotary sensitivity for trim. I'm used to making the small increments I need. I generally don't start to use trim until there's a fairly obvious change in my attitude. This means that I don't have it hovering near the centre dead zone unless I actually want it centred.

Charlie901
02-26-2005, 07:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tully__:
No need to search. Click the "Joysticks..." link under my signature picture and read the section near the bottom of the article under the "I added a second controller...." heading, it explains how to adjust sensitivity on axes/sliders other than the three primary flight control axes. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Tul........ http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif