PDA

View Full Version : So many patches around, which one should people use?

PhilH930
12-26-2004, 07:21 PM
I only got the game at Xmas and thought it was important to patch the game to 3.01 straight away, which is how i have been playing it. This is a stand alone installation of PF.

Now, i have 3.02 here and am now reading about 3.03. Is it worth installing any of these patches as i thought 3.02 was a Beta patch anyway, so am suprised that 3.03 is now out when 3.02 was never finished or finalised.

Therefore, can anyone advise me as to what patch i should really be using.

Thanks

PhilH930
12-26-2004, 07:21 PM
I only got the game at Xmas and thought it was important to patch the game to 3.01 straight away, which is how i have been playing it. This is a stand alone installation of PF.

Now, i have 3.02 here and am now reading about 3.03. Is it worth installing any of these patches as i thought 3.02 was a Beta patch anyway, so am suprised that 3.03 is now out when 3.02 was never finished or finalised.

Therefore, can anyone advise me as to what patch i should really be using.

Thanks

toomanypatches
12-26-2004, 07:54 PM
get used to this, very frustrating.

they post nothing on thier main page now all the servers are spread out using 2.04, 301, 301bm, 302bm, 303m

so everyone comes to the forums to find a patch and installs the wrong thing breaking thier whole install.

they should just release one patch for all not thousands of tiny patches that just make more bugs and headaches for people trying to find a suitable game online

Firebird_79vRAF
12-26-2004, 08:10 PM
~S~

Really not that hard. The 3.01 was the original patch, 3.02 was a beta, 3.03 is the finished 3.02 patch if you will.

The patches ending in the suffix m, 3.03m for example is for the IL2FB+AEP+PF merged install. 3.03 with no m is for the stand alone.

Servers running different versions is always common until everyone has the patch. 2.04 has nothing to do with PF, its the last patched AEP, and if you have a merged install you cant join no matter which one 3.0, 3.01, 3.02b, or 3.03.

Would it be better if they just gave us the product and forgot about it like other sims?

RAAF_Furball
12-26-2004, 08:26 PM
Good post Firebird_79vRAF !

In a nutshell, you need EITHER:

pf_303.exe €" for stand alone PF
OR
pf_303m.exe €" for FB+AEP+PF (merged)

<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">From my observations, whilst Oleg et al are dedicated to the game and developments, there are a few glitches with the publication of Patches. One must look in Forums, Patches/Downloads area and Main website page - and they are all out of synch = confusing.</span>

For what I believe is the "Current "State of the Nation" for the Merged game, refer to my post here ==&gt;
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?q=Y&a=tpc&s=400102&f=26310365&m=1361082652&p=2

For the standalone game, refer to http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?q=Y&a=tpc&s=400102&f=26310365&m=1361082652&

<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">NOTE - you must get the correct Patch for the game you have installed - "Standalone" (Pacific Fighters only) or "Merged" (FB+AEP+PF)</span>

Whilst it might be confusing to the newcomer, the different versions - "Standalone" (Pacific Fighters only) or "Merged" (FB+AEP+PF) - were specially-developed by Oleg et al in response to the community (us). We wanted to play with what we had (FB+AEP) plus Pacific Fighters. Since some people will only want Pacific Fighters, the 2 installation options were provided.

This is MUCH better than giving us the product and forgetting about it, like other sims.

BlakJakOfSpades
12-27-2004, 02:34 AM
haha, no pleasing people, wheres the patch i want it now im tired of waiting, then it's look at all these patches its way too confusing why dont u just release one big patch http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Tocca4
12-27-2004, 04:17 AM
It's great that they support the game this much, new patches with new contents all the time. Top notch!

But, as said, it's confusing at times and it would take such a small effort to make it so much easier!

Thoose who upload the patch could just upload it to the "patches.ubi.and so on" site at an unknown adress (so it won't be spread before it's announced).
Then simply add news/link to it at the updates page on this site.

Why it isn't done like this is beyond me???
No problem with if it's official or not, no worries about which version is the latest, how to install, where to download from or anything. And it would take just a minute to do.

It feels a bit unappriciative to complain after all the hard work they do, but with all the thousands of hours they commit to a patch why not add just a minute to get it perfect at the end?