PDA

View Full Version : Single Pl. campaign quest. FB

RulezRulez
03-22-2006, 11:35 PM
Why in many missions the AI force me to fly around the most dangerous area in hostile territorry, without any obvious reason ? Me and my whole escadrilla /I am wingman/ keep flying around and around in strongest Anti aircraft fire, till 3 best guys are shot down. Why are the waypoints so strange ? (i.e. yesterday supply dump attack...we didnt attack anything but hlaf of the planes were shot down by AAA).This gets me to my second question...is it normal to lose 30 procent men in every mission ? Usually the most experienced ?

(I am sorry, I can imagine it has been discussed here before...but I just couldnt find the correct keyword combination for search...)

captainbong1970
03-25-2006, 08:01 PM
I don't know why it does it but it seems to happen a lot, at least in my version (v1.22).

Fortunately I hate my wingmen so I don't care anymore when they decide to have a low turning fight right over an airbase.

horseback
03-25-2006, 08:33 PM
If it looks too stupid to be real, you can always edit the mission in the FMB; I already edit out Ace wingmen (honestly, they're only good for stealing your kills), and when I can't finish a mission due to the unrealistically accurate flak or low level assignment to patrol over a flak concentration, well, I use the prerogitives of the commanding officer and countermand stupid orders.

Believe me, they made a practice of keeping track of where the enemy placed his AAA, and avoided it whenever possible.

cheers

horseback

Nimits
03-25-2006, 09:49 PM
Plus, don't forget to deselect the "NoInstantSuccess" option in the difficulty settings. Playing with it on may be harder, but certainly not more realistic.

RulezRulez
03-27-2006, 12:38 AM
Thats what I thought...I behave more or less as you said...BUT...I would love to obey orders you know....be a wingman for some time...cover my No 1, but its just not possible sometimes...Still , losing all the best pilots in 10 missions seems a bit strange (not when I am rusian...I can imagine it was hard during the first days of war..) but a German ?