PDA

View Full Version : laptop specs

markh5000
06-27-2006, 08:32 PM
Hi all, sorry to raise this hoary old chestnut again, but can anyone advise me whether a laptop with these specs will play SHIII:

15.4" Display with 16ms response time and Dual Core CPU WXGA 1280X800
Processor: Intel Centrino Duo Mobile Technology T2300 1.66ghz
Windows XP Professional
Intel 945PM
Dedicated 128MB NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400 Turbocache up to 256MB
1024MB DDRII 533 Dual-Channel (2x 512MB, max 2GB)
80GB SATA (7200RPM)
8X DVD Dual Layer Burner

Cheers!

Mark

Baldricks_Mate
06-27-2006, 09:07 PM
Probably. The 1.66 Centrino will show as not suitable when the game does an post installation compliance check.

I have a Toshiba satellite L20 - 1.6ghz Celeron, 1gig ram, basic ati video card, cd r/rw dvd read (way below "minimum specs" except for RAM)...plays sh at its mimimum settings eg; particle density 75%, not synchonised & so on. I use it to play when I travel away in the truck. It's performance is acceptable to me but most probably would'nt agree...the whole rig incl software etc, cost $1000 Au at the time of purchase. It is the 1 gig RAM that got it "over the line."

So if it plays on my laptop...however, you may want to consider any other opinions other forum members may give.

hueywolf123
06-27-2006, 09:40 PM
I tell this to everyone who uses a laptop, consider a cooling pad as they are only about 35 bucks and save tonnes of heartache when the thing crashes as a fish is on it's way to the target.
Nvidia Geforce, hmmm, I seem to remember some kind of a bug with that graphics card. Use the search button and type in Nvidia bug (or something along those lines). Be patient, I'm sure someone here will help.

blastomatic1759
06-28-2006, 06:37 AM
i always ran a cooling pad under my Mayhem G3 , and it eventually got to the point where it wouldnt run video games , or anything that speeds the processor up , and thats after a year and a half of having it , so that led to me buying the Mayhem G5 which is alot better , so im glad the old one had heat strokes. SH3 was the only reason i bought the G5 with all the upgraded stuff , so this has come to be a quite expensive game as well as addictive.