PDA

View Full Version : 1946 Download, Merged Install

xaoslaad
03-15-2007, 10:16 AM
I did a digital download of 1946 from:
http://digitalstore.ubi.com/product.aspx?pid=3021

Now it is not offering to do a merged install, WTF?

ThePhilanthrope
03-15-2007, 11:47 AM
I ended up going with the download as well for the US release yesterday.

I didn't previously have a merged install (FB only), so I just ran the "express install" option and it put a full, merged install on my HD with the whole enchilada... this in addition to and separate from my old FB install.

My understanding is that the Euro download is the 46 addon ONLY, but if you downloaded the US release you should be able to just install the package, copy/ paste your control config and delete your old kit.

xaoslaad
03-15-2007, 02:21 PM
I installed it and it does indeed appear to be the merged package. When I start it, it even says version 4.08m and all the PF aircraft appear to be available.

It looks like from what you're saying is that it is safe to install all the older versions. Is this true? I don't need/want two copies of the game installed if I don't have to, although I might keep the old one around a bit to play with friends online til they get 1946...

ThePhilanthrope
03-15-2007, 04:19 PM
Yes it's perfectly safe, or seems to be. I've been enjoying the snot out of 1946 (including the desert missions I hadn't been able to fly) but haven't got around to uninstalling FB yet.

I know the FB install still works as well because I flew a custom mission I had installed with it since installing 1946.

I haven't tried going online or anything, but I'd assume having multiple installs wouldn't FUBAR you for that.