PDA

View Full Version : Far Cry 3 Community

lil_morta_7
06-13-2011, 12:54 PM
So Far Cry 3 is coming out in 2012. And I'm gonna be map happy. Now I don't know for sure if I'm getting the game yet, (Not a matter of "if the game is going to be any good." It's a matter of money. I want this game like a fat boy wants cake!) But I understand that your maps can only be played in private matches. But I doubt any of my friends will get this game. So, if anyone wants to add me, my PSN is Lil_Morta_7. I only play on PS3. But in the friend request, please tell me you're from the forums. Hope to see you guys on the battlefield!

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter.</span>

James28850
06-14-2011, 08:07 AM
This is a must have Farcry was great the first game the second game i didnt like it however it seems that Farcry 3 go's back to his roots @ FARRCY thats what i like so i must have this one .And please make a BIG single player version thanks in advance http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

lil_morta_7
06-14-2011, 08:58 AM
Dude.. That's not really what this thread was about..

FS7Snyper
07-03-2011, 12:36 AM
i just want predators it was a very fun gametype

bebop1981
07-20-2011, 09:44 PM
I want far cry 3 to be playstation move & 3D enabled as an optional way to play the game on playstation 3 but i also like a lot of everybody else's ideas as well!

mezm0
05-25-2012, 09:26 PM
i wish they would make some different online game modes because i'm getting board of most multiplayer games being too much like cod e.g domination, team death match. put something unique in it.

DapperHayden007
05-25-2012, 11:01 PM
Guys... Please ensure you stick to the original topic.

Hey Morta, I know if I had a PS3 then I would add you but I have an Xbox. But I see this thread as a nice way for people to add each other. (Also this thread will let people know which platform you play on)

longridr
05-26-2012, 03:33 PM
You can only Host your maps in private matches!? that's dumb, now it'll be even harder to set up a simple game. they better revert back to public/ private matches or ill be angry >:(

But ya, same as dapper, i'm a xbox'er and this thread will be pretty nice for people to meet eachother.

tominatorx2010
05-26-2012, 04:59 PM
I have a PS3 too bad that I will buy Far Cry 3 on PC.....

micharomeijn
05-26-2012, 05:49 PM
Well i will buying it for PS3 anyway and if i have a pc that is better than my laptop now i will get it also for PC. You can add me on PSN lil morta if you want to. My PSN= CallofDutyUO

GUN_SABOTUR
05-27-2012, 03:29 AM
morta you can add me if you want. My main account is Sabotur but that friend list is full.
You can send a request to THE_MAPPER
Its another account I use just for mapping.

l3reast
05-28-2012, 03:02 AM
The Far cry 3 Community needs to wake the H@%L UP! I have been playing FC2 for the PS3 since the first of 09. I am ranked in the top 50 on the leaderboard. Ubisoft basically said we do not give a **** about the People who have dedicated countless hours of playing time while waiting for the next Far Cry adventure to unleash. The New Development Team has been very selfish when it come to ideas . Instead they chose to steal from other games. Like C.O.D , BF3, KZ3 Uncharted just to name a few. If I wanted to play this style of gameplay I would just purchase those games! I do however believe they fixed the story mode . Sharper graphics , better weapons , ziplines, and such. Yes the MULTIPLAYER! does need some improvements. For example: A newer Ranking System , Newer Game Modes .. That being said Here is the SELFISHNESS! of the New Development Team for example: The Radar, No Vehicles, Team Killstreaks, Special Perks: Dropping Fire And Insane Gas From The Sky. This Development Team is clearly out of touch with the Far Cry Community. The Reason I enjoyed FC2 all these years LOL is not because of the crappy story mode! Its the Multiplayer because it is so original . The best realistic FPS I have ever played. No radar to tell me. No perk to help me. Just good ole smarts and skills did the job . Even the kill cam didn't give away to much .. That right there is FAR CRY!

lil_morta_7
05-28-2012, 04:48 AM
I think you need to calm the "H@%L" down. Ubisoft has listened to the community FAR more than any other developer I've seen in a long time. I've been active on other pre-release forums and very few if any have had two developers active on them. They just take a few hints that get billions of requests and maybe implement them three games down the line. Ubisoft has really taken a lot of advice from the community in this one, and at some point, you have to slim down what you listen to. If you're automatically throwing in tips and demands from certain players, the game will only appeal their style. It's a careful art, balancing games to the masses, and they're doing their best. And that's their job. To please as many people as they can, rather than really please a few thousand.

mambonuts
05-28-2012, 07:48 PM
I am ranked in the top 50 on the leaderboard.

You know what? I stopped reading after seeing that.

So, what...lol

lil_morta_7
05-28-2012, 09:01 PM
HAH, I wanted to do the same, Mambo. After hearing the other guy's rants on how he's God at Far Cry and deserves developer attention.. :rolleyes:

l3reast
05-29-2012, 08:21 AM
You know what? I stopped reading after seeing that.

So, what...lol

Hey Mambo , You're probably one of those guys who rage quits after the first few deaths. Noobs like you are the reason Why this new Development Team is ruining this game for the real Far Cry players . I do not know if you are familiar with Far Cry 2 , it is not a sissy game like the C.O.D. series. You dont max out in a few weeks. It takes years! So being in the top 50 is a big achievement. I was just pointing out that I am not just some noob posting. I put blood, sweat, and tears into this game. I have played more than 500 hours in rank, and put even more time on the custom side, and the story mode. You guys sound like you have never played the game . More like being on here Kissing Ubisofts A$$. You are the reason that The Development Team is "Selling Out" See C.O.D is on the decline, and Ubisoft had the chance to be on Top. Instead they are deciding to tuck their tail between thier legs. I guess they have no nuts Right? Mambo"no"nuts

Fallen-Champ
05-29-2012, 09:05 AM
l3reast

Far Cry 2 in any Ranked Team Game is a disguising mess and has been for a couple of years, I am not talking about you here as I do not know if you are a Solo or Team player but speaking of experiences on the 360 it is abysmal and sad to see all the top ranked players all siding with each other like school kids - I have seen very few fair and balanced matches in TDM on FC2 in Ranked.

Had they allowed the Captain to be selected in the lobby (which they proposed they would do pre patch - but we didn't get that option) Then I believe that Uprising would have been a far better game mode than it is.
As for the High Ranked players (I am talking in the late 20s and 30s) I believe that the Achievement / Trophy list caused this mess - Wanting the award for Rank 30 and getting all the guns maxed out, I gave up after maybe Rank 13 on Xbox - I could not bear to join the one sided teams just to get a bit of Poxy XP - I would rather lose badly but feel better that I at least tried then side with those who believe they are great players but were simply cowards for not balancing out the team and playing fairly.

Maybe you earned your Top 50 spot - good for you, unfortunately I gave up on Ranked a long time ago, and on PS3 I lost all my stats when my Console died, I purchased another and thought I would get them back but went back to Rank 0 so that was that.

As for your feelings on the Development Team - I am guessing that you never played Far Cry on PC or Xbox 1 - or FCIP either, Far Cry 2 is nothing like those games and it seems that we are getting more changes with FC3 - The game constantly evolves with every release and some leave because they can't stand the changes - others come in and love it from the off, that's the way it is.
Either accept the changes or move on to something else, and as Multiplayer goes i believe this will be far better then the other games in the series, Ubisoft Massive have been working on this for over 2 and a half years now & although they have made some unexpected changes like dropping Solo mode and CTD - I am still hopeful that we will get a fairer and more enjoyable / rewarding game.

Fallen-Champ
05-29-2012, 09:18 AM
But I will say that hanging in there and Ranking up even if it is a fair game or not - that would take a serious amount of dedication to get anywhere near Rank 30 - so anyone who does that deserves a pat on the back - Just the same as that 500 Heals Achievement - that would take some doing also.

mambonuts
05-29-2012, 10:50 AM
You guys sound like you have never played the game .

So you create an account, rant and get personal with a couple of posts...are you finished being offensive now?

I've played this game for many years, as have many other members here.

Lots of us know each other very well and have remained friends over the years.

As Lamb said, I gave up on ranked years ago...it was never my thing, I don't have anything to prove to anyone.

It's a game, and supposed to be fun...If I want something serious, I'll join the Army.

I've hosted and played in hundreds of games over the years (Farcry, Farcry Instincts, Farcry Evolution, Farcry Instincts Predator, Farcry 2) so yeah, I think I'm 'familiar' with the games...Do you know anything about me? I don't think so.

It just seems anyone coming to the forum to boast about their level in the games doesn't usually have anything useful to say about anything else.

That's all...

DapperHayden007
05-29-2012, 11:33 AM
@l3reast (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/1291985-l3reast) you MUST stop with the offence.

A) Trying to get round using swearwords by using acronyms to avoid the word being changed to asterisks out is against the forum rules for one! (see forum rules here) (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/663844-Forum-Rules)

B) Personal attacks (in any way) is against the forum rules also.

The people in this forum Obviously know what Far Cry is and must have played at least one of them. And saying that mambo hasn't played Far Cry is definitely not true anyway as I was playing Far Cry instincts predator with him the other week and he has maps published on Far Cry 2.

lil_morta_7
05-29-2012, 04:30 PM
Hey Mambo , You're probably one of those guys who rage quits after the first few deaths. Noobs like you are the reason Why this new Development Team is ruining this game for the real Far Cry players . I do not know if you are familiar with Far Cry 2 , it is not a sissy game like the C.O.D. series. You dont max out in a few weeks. It takes years! So being in the top 50 is a big achievement. I was just pointing out that I am not just some noob posting. I put blood, sweat, and tears into this game. I have played more than 500 hours in rank, and put even more time on the custom side, and the story mode. You guys sound like you have never played the game . More like being on here Kissing Ubisofts A$$. You are the reason that The Development Team is "Selling Out" See C.O.D is on the decline, and Ubisoft had the chance to be on Top. Instead they are deciding to tuck their tail between thier legs. I guess they have no nuts Right? Mambo"no"nuts

umadbro? You should respect Mambo, considering he's been playing Far Cry for ages, ranked or not. Don't jump to conclusions.

mad_mark99_
05-29-2012, 07:02 PM
You guys are too quick to shoot a new member down. I get a lot of stick because of my rank and the fact that gaming is a social event for me so i like to have all my buddies on side also known as team stacking ( no apoligies guilty as charged) For a group who say they play you seem to be pretty ignorant of the current people playing on ps3 farcry . I have seen morta on the player maps and sabatuor but thats it. Why don't you try talking to some of these guys instead of putting them down. Beast is a regular player and very passionate about the game bit quick to upset but thats the farcry blues for ya, we all get it sometimes.

lil_morta_7
05-29-2012, 07:44 PM
Well when they march in like they're God and you're some peasant, why are WE the ones who are in the wrong for defending ourselves?! What about me on the player maps? I've never played Far Cry on my current PSN account. I haven't even popped in a Far Cry disk. Ignorant? Refer to the first sentence. We aren't ignorant, we simply can smell out people who haven't found the line between self-confident and egotistical, and when they're all like, "I'M TOP-RANKED, WORSHIP ME" We simply say it as it is... no one cares. Then they get all personal and start attacking you.

mad_mark99_
05-29-2012, 08:23 PM
This is what i mean. Tell someone your not a noob and all of a sudden your bragging or asking for worship. If you played as often as you talk about fc you would know who the big ups are. Have you even looked or asked anybody still playing about the current people playing mp. By the way you might want to get your nose checked out. Anyone who knows me will tell you i don't brag or ask for worship and saying we just goes to show how a clicky group can immuse themselves in self arogance.

DapperHayden007
05-29-2012, 08:41 PM
Guys, Stop arguing.

Mark you are right about nobody should shoot a member down after such a short period of time but then Morta is right about the fact that you shouldn't come into the forums and basically say because you are rank 50 in the world you should be listened to. Yeah sure it is an achievement to get to that rank (congratulations on that l3) but to come into the forums and say that the development team doesn't care at all for the community is not right.

A) they have already proven that they are being nice to the community and have obviously been listening to people with their suggestions. (One suggestion being that we want dangerous wildlife in this game)
B) Like I said in an earlier post, his FIRST post on the forums contained swear words and hate towards the development team which also makes the community dislike the person he comes across to be.

Personally, I don't care what people think about each other because at the end of the day you should keep your opinion to yourself but when someone comes onto a Far Cry forum and slates the game that isn't even out yet. People are bound to retaliate.

Anyway, there is my rant over. Keep the topic civil and back on topic please.

Fallen-Champ
05-29-2012, 09:16 PM
You guys are too quick to shoot a new member down

I don't see how my reply shot anyone down, it is true that Ranked Matches are often not balanced and unfair - No harm in me saying that.
It is also true that Far Cry on consoles and PC was a far different game before Far Cry 2 came along.
I actually detested FC2 so much in multiplayer that I left the scene for maybe 6 months, came back on PS3 and eventually made small maps that suited my needs - I was never a fan of the weapon class system and never will be although the option to create our own class sounds better then been dictated to and been able to pick up weapons now from dead players is a great move.

I still play the game but rarely host because the host advantage is just abysmal - I actually feel bad getting cheap kills when hosting.
Also the comment about Far Cry evolving is genuine, and people have a choice as I said either move on to something else or give it a go - People are too quick to also **** off the multiplayer of FC3 yet they have not played it - we still need more info on Battle Cry, Team Support (because I am sure there will be more than just 3 strikes in that)
The full list of weapons and attachments, there is so much to still learn and find out so once we actually get the game and play it that is when the time to complain is really.
The only valid complaint I see is the removal of vehicles - but maybe just maybe we might get them in un-ranked games (however it is their choice and I am not gonna complain once we get final confirmation)

l3reast
05-29-2012, 09:30 PM
But I will say that hanging in there and Ranking up even if it is a fair game or not - that would take a serious amount of dedication to get anywhere near Rank 30 - so anyone who does that deserves a pat on the back - Just the same as that 500 Heals Achievement - that would take some doing also.

I agree with you 100% , and thanks for actually commenting on the real issues ..Yes thier is some major flaws with the Multiplayer for example: The Hosting Glitch (PS3 Only ) You have to ban 3 people in order for the match to continue (Ranked Only) . The Ammo glitch when you are unable to pick up ammo unless you hurt yourself and then heal. Boosters! The people who rack up points by killing themselves in order to advance their way up the leaderboard. Quitters people who consistently quit because they know their stats won't be affected. No ingame joining. All easy fixes for the next game. Why go and copy C.O.D and others when Ubisoft already has the most realistic FPS shooter on the market. People From C.O.D are getting tired of that style of gameplay.

lil kimoooo
05-29-2012, 09:32 PM
people people , stop fighting ............. I HAVE A DREAM , THAT ONE DAY FARCRY PLAYERS AND FORUM USERS WOULD GET ALONG !:p

l3reast
05-29-2012, 09:47 PM
So you create an account, rant and get personal with a couple of posts...are you finished being offensive now?

I've played this game for many years, as have many other members here.

Lots of us know each other very well and have remained friends over the years.

As Lamb said, I gave up on ranked years ago...it was never my thing, I don't have anything to prove to anyone.

It's a game, and supposed to be fun...If I want something serious, I'll join the Army.

I've hosted and played in hundreds of games over the years (Farcry, Farcry Instincts, Farcry Evolution, Farcry Instincts Predator, Farcry 2) so yeah, I think I'm 'familiar' with the games...Do you know anything about me? I don't think so.

It just seems anyone coming to the forum to boast about their level in the games doesn't usually have anything useful to say about anything else.

That's all...
I did not join this forum to boast or brag.I was simply making it clear that I have played this game for a few years, and that I am very knowledgeable about the game. In All fairness I never played the first Far cry on PC . I did play some of predator on the 360. I have played FC2 since 09 .

l3reast
05-29-2012, 09:59 PM
@l3reast (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/1291985-l3reast) you MUST stop with the offence.

A) Trying to get round using swearwords by using acronyms to avoid the word being changed to asterisks out is against the forum rules for one! (see forum rules here) (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/663844-Forum-Rules)

B) Personal attacks (in any way) is against the forum rules also.

The people in this forum Obviously know what Far Cry is and must have played at least one of them. And saying that mambo hasn't played Far Cry is definitely not true anyway as I was playing Far Cry instincts predator with him the other week and he has maps published on Far Cry 2.

I was just defending myself. I am not going to be made a joke out of.. Just because I was merely stating how long I have played and a few achievements. I am willing to cut out the cursing. I never personal attack anyone less warranted.

Fallen-Champ
05-29-2012, 10:02 PM
Yes there are some major flaws with the Multiplayer for example: The Hosting Glitch (PS3 Only ) You have to ban 3 people in order for the match to continue (Ranked Only) .

Maybe that explains why I have been kicked from the match a lot when joining, I wondered what I had done wrong as I have literally joined and been banned from the game, Like I said I gave up in the end - all I can say is give FC3 a chance, maybe you might get an option to turn off Team Support and Kill Streaks / Battle Cry which might suit you - give it a month, I think you will find it could be an excellent game and I am not a COD player at all.

l3reast
05-29-2012, 10:13 PM
I don't see how my reply shot anyone down, it is true that Ranked Matches are often not balanced and unfair - No harm in me saying that.
It is also true that Far Cry on consoles and PC was a far different game before Far Cry 2 came along.
I actually detested FC2 so much in multiplayer that I left the scene for maybe 6 months, came back on PS3 and eventually made small maps that suited my needs - I was never a fan of the weapon class system and never will be although the option to create our own class sounds better then been dictated to and been able to pick up weapons now from dead players is a great move.

I still play the game but rarely host because the host advantage is just abysmal - I actually feel bad getting cheap kills when hosting.
Also the comment about Far Cry evolving is genuine, and people have a choice as I said either move on to something else or give it a go - People are too quick to also **** off the multiplayer of FC3 yet they have not played it - we still need more info on Battle Cry, Team Support (because I am sure there will be more than just 3 strikes in that)
The full list of weapons and attachments, there is so much to still learn and find out so once we actually get the game and play it that is when the time to complain is really.
The only valid complaint I see is the removal of vehicles - but maybe just maybe we might get them in un-ranked games (however it is their choice and I am not gonna complain once we get final confirmation)
Evolving? You mean using other games ideas Thats Evolving? People have been playing FC2 all these years is because it is original and realistic. Not like C.O.D Thats just my opinion . I agree with you about the no vehicles . So you agree with the Radar? I do not understand. Are people these days buying games so stupid that they can't use their smarts and skills to find anyone.

mad_mark99_
05-29-2012, 10:23 PM
Lamb there are 2 ways of gettiing kicked one is being banned, sorry about that dude i'll make sure to keep ya if you let me know your ps3 tag and the other is server drop that seems to happen at random moments and can lead to a total crash.If you reach the scoreboad at game end you should keep your score but the host has to ban down to 13 players to carry 10-12 through to next match. You can still rejoin that game through match list.

l3reast
05-31-2012, 06:14 AM
In my opinion I believe their is way for all of us in the Far Cry Community to come together on the topic of FarCry 3. I believe it would satisfy everyone. Everyone for example: The Advanced Players ( Like Myself ) Map Makers, The Noobs, The Rage Quitters , The Ubisoft Supporters , And The Ubisoft Brown Nosers. I believe You should have the option to "Turn On & Off" for example: Noobs and Rage Quitters want the option to turn on Softcore,turn on Special Perks ,turn on Battle Cry, and turn on the Radar they can. Map Makers want the option to turn on or off Vehicles they can. The Advanced Players want to turn on Hardcore, turn off Radars, turn off Special Perks, Air Support, and Battle Cry they can. The Supporters , and Brown Nosers can continue to carry on about how much of a Great! Job! The New Development is doing to bring us change! SEE! One Happy Family.

PandaThing
05-31-2012, 09:12 AM
People have been playing FC2 all these years is because it is original and realistic.

*cogh* Realistic? *cogh* Original?

'I just fell of a cliff, better push that bullet out of my thigh' <-- There is your realism right there.

Lets not pretend here. The ground down basic components of Far Cry 2 multiplayer are terrible. Poor death animations, clunky controls, a bad damage model, terrible netcode..... Far Cry 2 is only set apart because of its vibrant setting and map editor.

Originality? Only in setting. Realism? Only in gimmicks. The brilliance is all in location, and that's the only reason I played Far Cry 2 at all.

On topic, my xbox gamer tag is PandaKing

l3reast
05-31-2012, 05:24 PM
*cogh* Realistic? *cogh* Original?

'I just fell of a cliff, better push that bullet out of my thigh' <-- There is your realism right there.

Lets not pretend here. The ground down basic components of Far Cry 2 multiplayer are terrible. Poor death animations, clunky controls, a bad damage model, terrible netcode..... Far Cry 2 is only set apart because of its vibrant setting and map editor.

Originality? Only in setting. Realism? Only in gimmicks. The brilliance is all in location, and that's the only reason I played Far Cry 2 at all.

On topic, my xbox gamer tag is PandaKing
Do you think soldiers or rebels in real life run around with GPS or a Radar attached to them? Every kill is a kill you earned. Even in BF3 the most realistic military game in my opinion I have ever seen! Only has a medic to save you. Is that realistic? In Farcry2 Everyone is able to save their fellow brother or sister in battle. In real life, and in the heat of battle you may take a shot to the arm or leg and still continue to carry on the fight. That is what popping bullets out , and snapping bones back in illustrates. Not only is that Original for FPS Gaming that is Realistic. In all fairness Yes! Technology in todays world allows people in the Military to get confirmed kills without even being there. Here is the Big Question! Has Farcry ever been a Military game? In my opinion you have miissed the point of what it means to play Farcry 2 or any of the farcry games. Maybe C.O.D or BF be more suitable for your likeness.

mambonuts
05-31-2012, 05:47 PM
In my opinion you have miissed the point of what it means to play Farcry 2 or any of the farcry games. Maybe C.O.D or BF be more suitable for your likeness.

On that same note, you carrying on your argument is also missing the point of the thread.

'On topic, my xbox gamer tag is PandaKing'

Fallen-Champ
05-31-2012, 10:13 PM
Do you think soldiers or rebels in real life run around with GPS or a Radar attached to them?

I am unsure with today's technology, what soldiers actually have - there is talk of them getting remote controlled devices with cameras which they can send into the air to spy on specific areas (obviously not everyone would have one) also there is some device which can pin point a snipers location, I think it comes from the sound - maybe like some kind of sonar type thing, this gives back a pretty accurate location where the sniper can then be taken down.
There are many numerous things in warfare nowadays most of it we will not get to see or possibly hear about and I am sure that it will be specialist units that get this gear and not the average foot soldier.

But in Far cry 2 can you lie down on the ground (Prone) ? We can select the sniper class afterall.
Can we jump off a ladder half way up - No we either have to go all the way down again or exit at the top.
We can heal buddies sure but we can't snap out of it half way through to defend ourselves, once the animation for healing starts we are stuck until the player is healed.

I am not looking at prolonging any arguments but simply saying that you can call FC2 Realistic - some elements are very good with what they did but also some like I mention are not so good.

As for the Radar / GPS Comment I think you will find that the majority of players would want radar turned off in a match, I sure would like that option - in fact it is IMO quite damaging to have a radar constantly on in multi player with the only way to turn it off been Team Support Strikes - I would hope that there are many options to turn off things to suit my needs but these are just our opinions which we talk about in these discussion forums, We can't make people agree with us and because we might sway one way it does not mean that others are wrong or that they are stupid - It is just a difference of opinions.

The more options which the game has the better chance it has to appeal to a wider selection of players.

PandaThing
06-01-2012, 12:01 AM
Do you think soldiers or rebels in real life run around with GPS or a Radar attached to them? Every kill is a kill you earned. Even in BF3 the most realistic military game in my opinion I have ever seen! Only has a medic to save you. Is that realistic? In Farcry2 Everyone is able to save their fellow brother or sister in battle. In real life, and in the heat of battle you may take a shot to the arm or leg and still continue to carry on the fight. That is what popping bullets out , and snapping bones back in illustrates. Not only is that Original for FPS Gaming that is Realistic. In all fairness Yes! Technology in todays world allows people in the Military to get confirmed kills without even being there. Here is the Big Question! Has Farcry ever been a Military game? In my opinion you have miissed the point of what it means to play Farcry 2 or any of the farcry games. Maybe C.O.D or BF be more suitable for your likeness.

Yes yes, they are all marvellous ideas, but in truth they are poorly executed. I really love Far Cry 2, but you cant sing its praises without acknowledging its faults.

Yes the game has no radar, which is a plus for realism, but the lack of this feature can potentially slow down gameplay and stifle teamplay on a poorly designed map.

The same can be said for the health sysem; It sounds brilliant on paper, but the lack of correlation between injury and remedy can damage immersion, rather than add too it.

Finally the high damage model has its place in some games, but the fact is, both culture and real life tell us quite clearly what a human can and cannot endure, and a high damage model in a game where characters are presented with very little body armour is again immersion breaking.

And please, for the love of God, don't tell people they should play different games because 'they clearly don't get the point, and would prefer something else'. It is, quite plainly, a bit rude.

**** gaming hipsters.......

Clearly I just went off topic again. Sorry, I just really didn't want to make a whole tread to talk to this guy.

lil_morta_7
06-01-2012, 12:20 AM
Hm.. Well, Far Cry 2 was a small part of the Far Cry franchise, and in my opinion didn't even belong in there. The original Far Cry's made by Crytek and earlier Ubisoft, (Instincts, FC:IP, etc.) weren't at all about realism and such, they were unique and fun. That was enough. All this realism B.S got thrown in at Far Cry 2 and didn't belong in the "series", because it wasn't fitting at all. FC2 shouldn't have been a Far Cry. Realism is good when the previous games were all arcady like CoD, but when you take it so far that you're trying to imitate real life,

GO BUY ONE OF THESE FOR GAWD'S SAKE AND STOP COMPLAINING!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg8Bh5iI2WY

Now, I will be paying no more attention to posting on this thread unless people go back to the original topic, (thank you, Panda for doing so.) My PSN is Lil_Morta_7. I don't have Steam or XBL. If you add me, say where you're from in the message. If you don't I won't add you unless your name rings a bell.

Thank you very much.

That will be all.

l3reast
06-01-2012, 04:56 AM
I can be all proper and intellectual as well Morta. If im not mistaken isn't this thread a general discussion? farcry 3 community? If so I am very much on topic. You guys are just like the people I play against on FC2 everyday .. Haters like to gang up on people, Some have their own clicks ,but it's ok I don't let haters get to me.

mambonuts
06-01-2012, 08:11 PM
You guys are just like the people I play against on FC2 everyday .. Haters like to gang up on people, Some have their own clicks ,but it's ok I don't let haters get to me.

Huh? What the heck are you talking about, now?

I think you're reading into this all far too much...how did a thread about 'Farcry 3 Community' turn into an argument with you?

There's no 'click' here...nor are there any 'haters', to the best of my knowledge...these ideas are your fabrication anyway, Breast...

Back to topic...Morta, if you get an Xbox360, I'll be more than happy to add you to my friends list...my GT is mambonutz...I used to have a PS3, but sold it about 6 months ago.

ronster2011
06-01-2012, 09:31 PM
I am unsure with today's technology, what soldiers actually have - there is talk of them getting remote controlled devices with cameras which they can send into the air to spy on specific areas (obviously not everyone would have one) also there is some device which can pin point a snipers location, I think it comes from the sound - maybe like some kind of sonar type thing, this gives back a pretty accurate location where the sniper can then be taken down.
There are many numerous things in warfare nowadays most of it we will not get to see or possibly hear about and I am sure that it will be specialist units that get this gear and not the average foot soldier.

But in Far cry 2 can you lie down on the ground (Prone) ? We can select the sniper class afterall.
Can we jump off a ladder half way up - No we either have to go all the way down again or exit at the top.
We can heal buddies sure but we can't snap out of it half way through to defend ourselves, once the animation for healing starts we are stuck until the player is healed.

I am not looking at prolonging any arguments but simply saying that you can call FC2 Realistic - some elements are very good with what they did but also some like I mention are not so good.

As for the Radar / GPS Comment I think you will find that the majority of players would want radar turned off in a match, I sure would like that option - in fact it is IMO quite damaging to have a radar constantly on in multi player with the only way to turn it off been Team Support Strikes - I would hope that there are many options to turn off things to suit my needs but these are just our opinions which we talk about in these discussion forums, We can't make people agree with us and because we might sway one way it does not mean that others are wrong or that they are stupid - It is just a difference of opinions.

The more options which the game has the better chance it has to appeal to a wider selection of players.

These are all good points this exactly what you have said and no combat in the water (hopefully atleast at the surface of the water)

ALthough FC3 looks like the player will be alot more agile with the slide along the ground... and the zip lines so we'll just have to see how it pans out but I think you have encompassed most points on player movement very well. Also we have the cover options and blind fire... new to this iteration

The more options you add for controls the more complicated to control the player it will be but aside from that all good points and it's not a bad thing just may make things a bit harder

l3reast
06-06-2012, 05:10 PM
Best thing out of the E3 FC3 briefing is the womzns milk bags ------> (___ o ___Y ___o___)