PDA

View Full Version : Objectives in DF mode

XyZspineZyX
06-28-2003, 08:36 PM
What does everyone think of having objectives in dogfight mode? As of now we only have coop and dogfightmode which is basically a version of deathmatch. If you want to have any sort of objectives against live pilots you have to make a script and/or use a utility called FB Dameon. Although this utility works well it is a little complicated. Atleast for me it is. And also it has never been tested on slower machines so I imagine it causes some lag for those who have them.

With the addition of objectives we could have fresh new options to help keep a strong gaming population in our beloved game. If you have played in scripted missions before you know that they are great fun. And its nice to have this against live pilots instead of the boring AI.

If anybody has played Americas Army you know what I'am talking about when I say objectives. I know its a FPS game but it is basically a military simulation. And the objective based game play is executed well.

S~

XyZspineZyX
06-28-2003, 08:36 PM
What does everyone think of having objectives in dogfight mode? As of now we only have coop and dogfightmode which is basically a version of deathmatch. If you want to have any sort of objectives against live pilots you have to make a script and/or use a utility called FB Dameon. Although this utility works well it is a little complicated. Atleast for me it is. And also it has never been tested on slower machines so I imagine it causes some lag for those who have them.

With the addition of objectives we could have fresh new options to help keep a strong gaming population in our beloved game. If you have played in scripted missions before you know that they are great fun. And its nice to have this against live pilots instead of the boring AI.

If anybody has played Americas Army you know what I'am talking about when I say objectives. I know its a FPS game but it is basically a military simulation. And the objective based game play is executed well.

S~

XyZspineZyX
06-28-2003, 11:03 PM
Yep this a great idea.

And along with a dogfight server ready room, one some of us have been trying to get Oleg to implement since the games release.

No joy.

--------------------------------------

"Loyalty to the country always, loyalty to the government when it deserves it."

Mark Twain