PDA

View Full Version : Stab 3.2, Hakenkreuz, etc

XyZspineZyX
07-31-2003, 05:26 PM
Perhaps this msg best belongs in the Tech Support site, but I can't access it. There's been some discussion in this forum on the swastika-enabling function. The Stab 3.2 version from Mudmovers has, apparently, 4 versions of the swastika (hakenkreuz) in its download. I have tried repeatedly to download and install it. It downloads, and I get the icon, but I can't get it into the game. Had anyone encountered this and found a solution?. I'd like to have DE planes with authentic markings.
Bob Roberts

XyZspineZyX
07-31-2003, 05:26 PM
Perhaps this msg best belongs in the Tech Support site, but I can't access it. There's been some discussion in this forum on the swastika-enabling function. The Stab 3.2 version from Mudmovers has, apparently, 4 versions of the swastika (hakenkreuz) in its download. I have tried repeatedly to download and install it. It downloads, and I get the icon, but I can't get it into the game. Had anyone encountered this and found a solution?. I'd like to have DE planes with authentic markings.
Bob Roberts

XyZspineZyX
07-31-2003, 06:30 PM
I think i just istalled it and got an icon.
mine is "il2hk.exe" or something like that.

so now you can choose the origial startgame icon (Without svastikas) or the new start icon (with svastikas).

or if u dont have 2 icons on your desktop. one of them should be in your fb folder.

the icon named Il2.exe or so....
/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

XyZspineZyX
07-31-2003, 06:39 PM
I downloaded and put the .mat files in the Hakenkreuz folder of FB and had the same problem you did. My computer froze up and I reset it then PRESTO !, when I started the game again the Hakenkreuz was there.

RESET YOUR COMPUTER AFTER THE INSTALL

XyZspineZyX
07-31-2003, 10:20 PM
Thanks for your help. I'll try that strategy when I get home tonight.It's a sin to play while at work.God will punish,
BobRoberts

XyZspineZyX
08-01-2003, 12:25 AM
You don´t REALLY mean that, do you?

- It's a sin to play while at
- work.God will punish,
- Crayton Roberts

GreyBeast_P39

XyZspineZyX
08-01-2003, 12:47 AM
By default when Stab is loaded, it will do nothing. You must go into the Options dialog and enable what options you require or want set.

Also, Stab must be running prior to launching IL-2 or IL-2: FB otherwise the Hakenkreuz will not appear.

Matt
http://www.users.on.net/mjtm/IL-2/

XyZspineZyX
08-01-2003, 11:33 AM
I have stab loaded and standard swastikas always come up. That's fine and it works well.

I downloaded all .mat files. They are in the CoopRegt folder - if I just move them will that solve the problem? If so, where should I move them?

I have no .exe files with the .mat files, though.

Anyone help please?

XyZspineZyX
08-01-2003, 11:41 AM
They are also in the hakenkreuz folder in shtab.

Only FAFhaken seems to run though.

XyZspineZyX
08-02-2003, 03:57 AM
???

What are you trying to achieve???

Matt

XyZspineZyX
08-02-2003, 10:05 AM
I'd like the weathered hakenkreuz to appear when I fly FB - I use shtab3.3, they're all in there but standard hakenkreuz appears each time.

XyZspineZyX
08-03-2003, 04:49 AM
OK, I take it that Weathered Hakenkreuz are custom and reside in your COOPTRegt folder?

What you will need to do is:

1. Copy the Hakenkreuz MAT files to the Markings folder in Stab.

2. Edit each MAT file (use Notepad) and change the last line (eg. TextureName ../decals/German/haken0.tga)
to point to the image in the COOPTRegt folder.

That should work. You may need to play around with the path as I think they are relative to the Folder IL-2 was installed into.

Matt

Message Edited on 08/03/0302:51PM by matttm