PDA

View Full Version : I Can't Decide on Which Collectors I Should Get.

KHRYS_24
11-09-2010, 10:24 PM
I want the GameStop version only because you get the exclusive Harlequin Character for multiplayer. But I don't like the Harlequin JITB. I like the doctor JITB better. Reason being is that I like the look of the Syringe Key with the doctor JITB rather than the Harlequin one. But the doctor one doesn't have and exclusive character. If the character are sure to be DLC in the future, then that'll make my decision easier as i will go with the collectors edition with the doctor JITB. But Im not 100% positive that the Harlequin character will be for DLC in the future. So i can't decide which one. Only if the Codex one was available here in the US. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif so what do you guys think i should do?

DeafAtheist
11-09-2010, 11:41 PM
If you pre-order from Best Buy you can get the Doctor JITB with the Officer multiplayer character. But if you really want the Harlequin multiplayer character you'll have to order from Gamestop and deal with the Harlequin JITB.

salted onions
11-10-2010, 06:30 AM
Get the Collector's edition with the Doctor JITB. Then preorder a normal game from Gamestop with the Harlequin. Be evil, use the code, then return the game to Gamestop.

Deathgrim666
11-10-2010, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by Khrys_24:
I want the GameStop version only because you get the exclusive Harlequin Character for multiplayer. But I don't like the Harlequin JITB. I like the doctor JITB better. Reason being is that I like the look of the Syringe Key with the doctor JITB rather than the Harlequin one. But the doctor one doesn't have and exclusive character. If the character are sure to be DLC in the future, then that'll make my decision easier as i will go with the collectors edition with the doctor JITB. But Im not 100% positive that the Harlequin character will be for DLC in the future. So i can't decide which one. Only if the Codex one was available here in the US. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif so what do you guys think i should do?

U better hurry, u don't have much time left to pick.

KHRYS_24
11-10-2010, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by childprodigy:
Get the Collector's edition with the Doctor JITB. Then preorder a normal game from Gamestop with the Harlequin. Be evil, use the code, then return the game to Gamestop.

Thats not a bad idea. Only thing is though. when i pre order it at gamestop, isn't the code going to be inside the game like how others are. and if it is, then i have to open the game to get the code for the harlequin character. And if i do when i try to return the game to gamestop, they'll only give me about less than 1/2 the price of what it is. If thats the case, then i'll prolly wait till it goes to DLC cause there, i can just pay for the character which will be better for me so i don't lose money by trying to sell it back to gamestop.

DeafAtheist
11-10-2010, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Khrys_24:

Thats not a bad idea. Only thing is though. when i pre order it at gamestop, isn't the code going to be inside the game like how others are. and if it is, then i have to open the game to get the code for the harlequin character. And if i do when i try to return the game to gamestop, they'll only give me about less than 1/2 the price of what it is. If thats the case, then i'll prolly wait till it goes to DLC cause there, i can just pay for the character which will be better for me so i don't lose money by trying to sell it back to gamestop.

I ordered 2 copies myself. I got the Collector's Edition from Gamestop for the Harlequin JITB and multiplayer character and I ordered a standard edition from Best Buy for the Officer character. If the code for the Officer is inside the box then naturally I won't be able to return it, so if that's the case I will sell the 2nd copy on eBay and try to get as close to what I paid for it as possible. If I can't get at least $60 for it (I'm paying about $75 for tax and shipping) then I may sell it cheap to a friend if he's interested.

Raghsak
11-10-2010, 03:39 PM
It's really quite annoying that you don't get all of the pre-order bonuses when you spring for the collectors edition; I'm in the same boat with you guys, I want the Amazon pre order bonus (I prefer single player to multiplayer in my games), but I don't have a credit card nor do I want the added wait from shipping.

Thus, I'm preordering the collector's edition from best buy, and I'm just going to hope that someone will be willing to swap codes with me for the Amazon reward.

DeafAtheist
11-10-2010, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Raghsak:
nor do I want the added wait from shipping.

There's no wait for shipping with Amazon. They have release date shipping. I got Red Dead Redemption and Splinter Cell Conviction from Amazon and they both arrived on the day of release.

Raghsak
11-10-2010, 04:04 PM
Meh, the credit card still prevents me from shopping there. Good to know, though.

DeafAtheist
11-10-2010, 04:07 PM
Meh, the credit card still prevents me from shopping there. Good to know, though.

A debit card would work too. If you don't have a debit card you could also use a pre-loaded gift card that works like a debit card. Or if you have a Paypal account I think they still do the virtual credit card thing where they give a random number that is valid which will deduct the amount from your Paypal account. This is probably the safest way of buying online since it's a 1 time use deal preventing identity theft issues.

Raghsak
11-10-2010, 04:16 PM
Paypal requires a credit card though, doesn't it?

DeafAtheist
11-10-2010, 04:30 PM
Paypal requires a credit card though, doesn't it?

I don't think it requires it. I think it's just a way to verify a bank account. I could be wrong tho.

Raghsak
11-10-2010, 04:33 PM
Either way, I'll just wait until I'm through with college before I ruin my credit score, haha.

DeafAtheist
11-10-2010, 04:46 PM
I hate credit cards myself. I only use a debit card. My philosophy is if I can't afford it I don't buy it.