PDA

View Full Version : Killing Bomber Crew Members

Waldo.Pepper
02-25-2005, 09:02 AM
Curiosity at work here.

Has anyone ever killed the ENTIRE crew of a bomber while they were still in the plane, (perhaps you verified this with Arcade mode while watching the track later) and had the bomber fly on without crashing for quite some time?

I came close the other day, when only a couple of crew members bailed out of a Betty.

Finkeren
02-25-2005, 09:11 AM
The HE 111 seems to be the only bomber where all the crewmembers show when they are "killed".
I have been able to damage a HE111 to the point where only the belly gunner was left and bailed out, the rest of the crew was clearly dead (bent over).
I used the Hurricane Mk1, since it's the only plane where you can pump a full ammo load in a HE 111 without taking a wing or blowing it in halfs.

horseback
02-25-2005, 09:28 AM
Did it in a QMB with a P-38 against a FW-200 Kondor the other night, experimenting with long range shots. Started making reliable hits on the fuselage at 800m (short bursts), and was able to disable the two rear facing gunners early, so I bored in and concentrated on the fuselage until it pulled straight up and started flopping (signifying a PK in most cases) while I was still over 300m away. No chutes, and those things usually look like a popcorn popper when they go down and the crew jumps out.

cheers

horseback

Shawdawg
02-25-2005, 09:38 AM
There's a problem there, though. You may think you got the whole crew, but if you just killed the pilot, the crew cannot bail out. That's cause the pilot controls it.

Try flying the Tu-2 and have one of the gunners kill the pilot....the rest of the crew cannot bail

taiterbud
02-25-2005, 10:07 AM
I didnt even know you could kill crew members. It seems like I have unloaded on tail gunners before on a b-17 only to be pumped full of lead. Can you really kill the gunner?

horseback
02-25-2005, 11:54 AM
Definitely got the two rear-facing gunners. They normally start blazing away at 6-700m range, and these two stopped almost as soon as they started. I made my approach from a level six, trying to hide as much as possible behind the tail and rudder from them, and dropped down a bit to hit the gondola underneath with an early cannon shot(a very satisfying explosion there), and hammered the fuselage pretty good.

You may not be able to hit gunners hiding inside the skin of the aircraft except through the windows, but if the little bastage is sticking his head up outside the main body of the plane, you can definitely whack him.

cheers

horseback

darkhorizon11
02-25-2005, 12:31 PM
It is a challenge thats for sure.

Sturm_Williger
02-25-2005, 01:14 PM
Very challenging - I'm a poor shot, but I have absolutely hosed the hell out of a TB3 ( rear fuse ) and those gunners just kept blazing away http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

I began to wonder if it was possible to kill them at all.

But I AM a poor shot, so I figured it's just me.

CreaseKeeper
02-25-2005, 03:10 PM
I've noticed that if you kill the pilot, but do not cripple the plane, (IE: remove wing, engine, stabilizer etc) the crew will not bail out and ride into the ground with the pilot. But if you kill the pilot AND shear a wing off, the crew that is alive WILL bail out. I've noticed this pausing tracks just before bomber hits water and noticing which memebers didn't bail out, and alot of times the pilot is one of them.

-S-

Saburo_0
02-26-2005, 09:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CreaseKeeper:
I've noticed that if you kill the pilot, but do not cripple the plane, (IE: remove wing, engine, stabilizer etc) the crew will not bail out and ride into the ground with the pilot. But if you kill the pilot AND shear a wing off, the crew that is alive WILL bail out. I've noticed this pausing tracks just before bomber hits water and noticing which memebers didn't bail out, and alot of times the pilot is one of them.

-S- <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I killed a Stuka pilot the other day & the tail gunner bailed.