PDA

View Full Version : What might be the Ultimate Armor in Revelations

CRUDFACE
10-17-2011, 08:30 PM
I was playing some gimmick game at facebook with traced your ancestry and whatnot. And it said that Murad from the Janissaries, wore some kind of armor which may have been cursed and he thought his life was being guided from the outside. they also said that someone (they show Ezio's picture) who stole the armor to use for himself.

And that he hid it among Ishak Pasha or something like that. Which is where the books might come in handy with finding them. to locate another armor.

I'm going to be going for a while, so I wanted to leave on a good note with this. Gotta gear up for NaNoWriMo soon! Wish me luck.

Calvarok
10-17-2011, 08:34 PM
I heard that there might not be any traditional "ultimate armor", but I'm not sure if that's true.

kriegerdesgottes
10-17-2011, 08:36 PM
hmm sounds interesting. That would explain the Ishak Pasha trophy a little better. You wouldn't happen to have a link would you?

CRUDFACE
10-17-2011, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
hmm sounds interesting. That would explain the Ishak Pasha trophy a little better. You wouldn't happen to have a link would you?

HERE (http://www.facebook.com/GameStop?sk=app_250429395008702) It's on facebook only, and he person you get is randomized I think. So I can't show you the exact vid, sorry dude

kriegerdesgottes
10-17-2011, 08:41 PM
That's cool thanks for the link. Good luck with NaNoWriMo btw. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Bipolar Matt
10-17-2011, 08:48 PM
Maybe Ezio will construct his own? The Armor of Ezio.

Does anyone know what the other armor sets will be? Something like hide armor, chain mail, steel armor, janissary armor (in that order) maybe? Just thinking out loud.

There are still unanswered questions about the fate of the Armor of Altair, though I doubt those will be addressed in AC:R.

kudos17
10-17-2011, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by BipolarMatt:
Maybe Ezio will construct his own? The Armor of Ezio.

Does anyone know what the other armor sets will be? Something like hide armor, chain mail, steel armor, janissary armor (in that order) maybe? Just thinking out loud.

There are still unanswered questions about the fate of the Armor of Altair, though I doubt those will be addressed in AC:R.

Didn't the Armor of Altair get destroyed, or broken beyond convenient repair? Or lost? I don't exactly remember what became of it, but I'm pretty sure the last I saw of it was it getting buried under rubble after the attack on the Villa Auditore in Brotherhood.

Anyway, I like the "Armor of Ezio" idea. Having him leave his own armor as his material legacy would just be another cool way to say goodbye to Ezio. I don't think it will happen, though, sadly.

Bipolar Matt
10-17-2011, 09:04 PM
That remains a point of contention, what happened to the Armor of Altair, whether it was destroyed or just buried under rubble at the villa. And the fact that Ezio's phantom was wearing it at the villa when Desmond and company first got there.

We may never know.

Jexx21
10-17-2011, 09:08 PM
UbiSoft is giving GameStop some exclusive stuff, wouldn't be surprised if this is real info.

Okay, Darby and Alex have said that there is an item hidden beneath the Hagia Sophia that we can find. I assumed that it was a Seal of Altair, but they did say it like it was optional. Because it has a picture of the Hagia Sophia when the video says that it was hidden, I wouldn't be surprised if we get another indestructible armor from underneath the Hagia Sophia.

Blind2Society
10-17-2011, 09:21 PM
Damn, that facebook page has that assassin logo in the background as well. Why can't I get a good image of it!?

CRUDFACE
10-17-2011, 09:51 PM
So I saw it again, and to clarify, it said that the armor was of Ishak Pasha and that he hid it, just as they showed off a picture of the Hagia Sophia.

Krieger: thanks!

Jexx: I don't think something like this is going to be exclusive, but it just might be

Agentbarto
10-17-2011, 10:09 PM
Has anyone considered that Ezio's current attire might in fact a modified version of Altair's armor?

iNt0xiCaT3dSainT
10-17-2011, 10:15 PM
Random question is there a trophy/achievement list for ACR that we know of?

kriegerdesgottes
10-17-2011, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by SukhvirsCreed:
Random question is there a trophy/achievement list for ACR that we know of?

Yes http://stickskills.com/2011/10...hievements-revealed/ (http://stickskills.com/2011/10/15/official-assassins-creed-revelations-achievements-revealed/)

CRUDFACE
10-17-2011, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Agentbarto:
Has anyone considered that Ezio's current attire might in fact a modified version of Altair's armor?

I wish it was. But I've already seen some of the armor get replaced and the armor of Altair is mostly made to cover the midsection

@SukhvirsCreed: long name dude, lol. Yeah, the achievement list has already been released, HERE (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/assassins-creed-revelations/achievements/)

@acjake: That'd be cool. I would like it allot if every assassin who wore Altair's armor modified it a little, so that it had a piece of every assassin who wore it

acjake
10-17-2011, 10:23 PM
@t260z

I like that customizing idea every ancestor adding their own touch and damn I accidentally deleted my previous post http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

InfectedNation
10-18-2011, 04:50 AM
Be warned, some things in this article minor story spoilers.

http://assassinscreed.wikia.co...nfo_Based_on_Reviews (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Stormbeast/New_Info_Based_on_Reviews).

Read point 9.

Looks like you guys were right about the armour of Ishak Pasha

All info appears to be sourced (though I haven't checked myself)

AnthonyA85
10-18-2011, 05:27 AM
If there is an indistructable armor set, then i hope retrieving it is central to the plot of the story (like the armor of altair), and is NOT optional (like the armor of brutus), because if it's not tied to the plot of the story, there's no real incentive to get it.

And to be honest, the novelty of wearing god-armor is starting to wear off.

LightRey
10-18-2011, 05:28 AM
Good research and theorizing t260z. Seems you were spot on.

AnthonyA85
10-18-2011, 05:33 AM
The wikipage that link leads to is dead, there's nothing there.

LightRey
10-18-2011, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by AnthonyA85:
The wikipage that link leads to is dead, there's nothing there.

There's a fixed link in this thread (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/1791058459).

I knew it! One of my friends on Facebook was a Templar all along!

CRUDFACE
10-18-2011, 08:32 AM
@Anthony: not gonna lie, after two sets and what might be the third it does feel that way. TBH, I think once you introduce one piece of god armor, you should work from there with just that one

Originally posted by LightRey:
Good research and theorizing t260z. Seems you were spot on.

Thanks dude! At least this armor looks to not be to gaudy and might actually be more form fitting.

Lol, I have to stop posting though! But I just couldn't help one more! This really is the last one.

Nobody leave the forum while I'm gone!

Jexx21
10-18-2011, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by AnthonyA85:
If there is an indistructable armor set, then i hope retrieving it is central to the plot of the story (like the armor of altair), and is NOT optional (like the armor of brutus), because if it's not tied to the plot of the story, there's no real incentive to get it.

And to be honest, the novelty of wearing god-armor is starting to wear off.

The Armor of Altiar WAS optional and not central to the story. Notice that all you get for all the 6 seals is just the Armor of Altiar. No special cutscene with Mario congratulating you or something.

The Armor of Brutus was the same thing.

Both were completely optional side missions that were focused on more than normal side missions.

Chariflame
10-18-2011, 12:13 PM
Got a screenshot of the Ishak Pasha armour - the video you get on the GameStop app is randomised, but not locked. If you refresh, you'll get different ones.
http://img.photobucket.com/alb...hariflame/armour.png (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/chariflame/armour.png)

(On another video about the plague in Germany, there was also a new Piece of Eden, the Ankh: http://img.photobucket.com/alb.../chariflame/ankh.png (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/chariflame/ankh.png). It healed and brought the dead back to life, simalar to The Shroud)

Bipolar Matt
10-18-2011, 01:40 PM
Well, at first glance, I like the Ishak Pasha Armor -way- better than the Armor of Brutus. It's sleek and looks pretty cool. We'll need an explanation, of course, how their came to be a 3rd set of unbreakable armor in the world.

And the famed Ankh finally makes an appearance as a PoE. I was expecting that at some point. So much mystery and mysticism surrounding it.

Serrachio
10-18-2011, 01:47 PM
I hope we can still see Ezio's face through it though.

jbahr11
10-18-2011, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by t260z:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:

HERE (http://www.facebook.com/GameStop?sk=app_250429395008702) It's on facebook only, and he person you get is randomized I think. So I can't show you the exact vid, sorry dude </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It is randomized but it's still cool. It also gives a video about the Jean Baptiste Society in Quebec.

LightRey
10-18-2011, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by jbahr11:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:

HERE (http://www.facebook.com/GameStop?sk=app_250429395008702) It's on facebook only, and he person you get is randomized I think. So I can't show you the exact vid, sorry dude </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It is randomized but it's still cool. It also gives a video about the Jean Baptiste Society in Quebec. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah. Apparently I'm the descendant of a number of Assassins and some of my old friends are possibly Templars D:

Sarari
10-18-2011, 06:57 PM
I'm not getting any armor.

First of all because he starts to look bad and then I want the original look of him back.

Second, the game is easy enough as it is. Armor is really not necessary for me.

Jexx21
10-18-2011, 07:18 PM
First, this isn't the right topic for that Sarari.

Second, the armor in this game actually blends in with the robes practically. We've seen some of it in gameplay videos.

Third, the combat is going to be harder. According to people who played the game it is harder than Brotherhood w/o using the hook blade and bombs. And with you only having 5 health bars without armor, I don't think you'll last very long without armor. But good luck trying!

Sarari
10-18-2011, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:

Second, the armor in this game actually blends in with the robes practically. We've seen some of it in gameplay videos.

Third, the combat is going to be harder. According to people who played the game it is harder than Brotherhood w/o using the hook blade and bombs. And with you only having 5 health bars without armor, I don't think you'll last very long without armor. But good luck trying!
Lol doesnt' the health bar progress through the game even without armor. I remember in AC2 you got health bars every time you gave Leonardo a codex page. I don't know how it increased in Bhood though.

Jexx21
10-18-2011, 07:34 PM
It did in AC2 but not by much tbh.

I don't think it progresses much if at all in ACB and ACR.

iNt0xiCaT3dSainT
10-18-2011, 07:42 PM
WTF.. i saw this on facebook and i try to do it and the video stays loading for ever! Anyone else have this problem?

Moultonborough
10-18-2011, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Sarari:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:

Lol doesnt' the health bar progress through the game even without armor. I remember in AC2 you got health bars every time you gave Leonardo a codex page. I don't know how it increased in Bhood though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It increased by buying Armour as it did in AC2 as well. Now, I would like to see another "special" Armour as long as the tombs are kept interesting.

Krayus Korianis
10-18-2011, 08:20 PM

In AC:B it's tied to the armor you're wearing. In AC II, it was tied to the Codex pages and the armor.

Also don't forget that if you have little bit of health, the damage is decreased. More health and it's increased in AC II and AC:B.

Sarari
10-18-2011, 08:20 PM
I guess I will buy the armor. But it better not be as ugly as the Brutus armor, cuz that just looked like someone dumped a laundry basket on top of Ezio and made him look husky.

Also, if they release a unlockable SP skin for Ezio's original look I'll buy the regular armor. The look matters a lot to me. I replayed AC2 and ACB just to get back Ezio's look.

Sarari
10-18-2011, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Krayus_Korianis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:

In AC:B it's tied to the armor you're wearing. In AC II, it was tied to the Codex pages and the armor.

Also don't forget that if you have little bit of health, the damage is decreased. More health and it's increased in AC II and AC:B. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yea, I kinda just realized that haha :P

joelsantos24
10-19-2011, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by kudos17:
Didn't the Armor of Altair get destroyed, or broken beyond convenient repair? Or lost? I don't exactly remember what became of it, but I'm pretty sure the last I saw of it was it getting buried under rubble after the attack on the Villa Auditore in Brotherhood.

Anyway, I like the "Armor of Ezio" idea. Having him leave his own armor as his material legacy would just be another cool way to say goodbye to Ezio. I don't think it will happen, though, sadly.
Wasn't the armor of Alta´r indestructible, essentially?

LightRey
10-19-2011, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by POP_WW_2008:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kudos17:

Wasn't the armor of Alta´r indestructable, essentially? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, it was. The armor was only ripped apart, the individual pieces are still intact.

joelsantos24
10-19-2011, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
Yeah, it was. The armor was only ripped apart, the individual pieces are still intact.
Maybe it's possible to just put them all back together. I think that, considering the fact that Revelations has a very tight bond with Alta´r's own life and accomplishments, perhaps the ultimate armor will be his, once again. I mean, we already know we're gonna be able to get a special sword, Vlad the Impaler's sword, to be more exact, and that might replace the usual quest for an actual new armor, I suppose.

Bipolar Matt
10-19-2011, 04:30 PM
LightRey's comments and those from others prove that the debate over what happened to Altair's Armor rages on. I wish we could get a definitive answer once and for all.

I would like to see Altair make use of it during sequence 4 or 5 of his gameplay in ACR.

Personally, I think the Armor of Altair was just separated and not destroyed and could very easily be put back together again. I would like to see a cutscene at the end of ACR where Ezio, upon his return to Italy, goes back to the villa to retrieve the armor from the rubble in his bed chamber and leave the vault/72 drawing. Not holding my breath on that one, however.

Jexx21
10-19-2011, 06:21 PM
One of the achievements is collection all of Ishak Pasha's memoir pages.

Some people theorized these would be another Codex type thing, but I think there will only be 6 pages, and the last of them will tell you how to get underneath the Hagia Sophia to get this armor.

As for how Ezio gets the Armor of Altiar back? This will def. be in the encyclopedia, as Alex or Darby has recently said that once they say or show something in the games, books, and animated shorts, it is part of canon and can't be taken back. (Just as something interesting, they never said that Lucy programmed in all of the view points and hay stacks in the actual game. In fact, I don't remember reading it any where other than the wiki and forums either) We'll know when Ezio went back for the Armor of Altiar in the Encyclopedia.

But that doesn't mean that it might not be shown at the end of Revelations or in Embers. For the Embers one, it probably won't show he going back to the villa, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the armor in Ezio's study on a manican.

NoirEvil
10-20-2011, 02:32 AM

The armor in Assassin's Creed has never looked as good (assassin wise) as without in previous games...but maybe Revelations will change things.
And lmao. OH NO, NOT HARDER THAN BROTHERHOOD!!!11 HOW WILL ANYONE COPE http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

LightRey
10-20-2011, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by NoirEvil:

The armor in Assassin's Creed has never looked as good (assassin wise) as without in previous games...but maybe Revelations will change things.
And lmao. OH NO, NOT HARDER THAN BROTHERHOOD!!!11 HOW WILL ANYONE COPE http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You do realize now that if you ever die in ACR during combat we will laugh at you till the end of time right?

joelsantos24
10-20-2011, 06:11 AM
I think the armor issue will always be controversial, some people like it, some do not. I believe that, as the armors evolve, we will get into a context of assassin vs. warrior, which is problematic since an assassin is not necessarily a warrior, I would even say not in any way. This subject has been adressed several times in the past, in several topics, but someway I always remember the Assassin's 1 intro, with Alta´r finding his way through the crowd and then making his move on the target. Once he accomplished the goal he flees as several crusaders were after him.

That is how an assassin works, he must display a reasonable amount of protection, for he may come into contact with some opposition along his mission, but not so much as to damage his chances of running away once he's overwhelmingly outnumbered. Subsequently, these overdeveloped armors (much like the last one's in Assassin's 2 and all of Brotherhood's), will be essentially counterproductive to the assassin's way.

I think armor is important, nonetheless I believe it's role in the story is starting to be too central or too important, as the games unfold, in my humble opinion.

RzaRecta357
10-20-2011, 08:13 AM
I have to ask you guys. Do you think the person that was a templar in your facebook list is set like that because they go to your profile the most?

Curious, it set a girl I haven't talked to in over a year as my templar. But I know she likes to facebook creep people. I'm thinking she creeps my wall all the time and that's why it said that.

So, do you guys think it's people who frequent your wall alot?

LightRey
10-20-2011, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
I have to ask you guys. Do you think the person that was a templar in your facebook list is set like that because they go to your profile the most?

Curious, it set a girl I haven't talked to in over a year as my templar. But I know she likes to facebook creep people. I'm thinking she creeps my wall all the time and that's why it said that.

So, do you guys think it's people who frequent your wall alot?
I think it just picks people you haven't talked to recently. The 2 times I played it it showed me 2 different friends from high school.

greengenie197
10-19-2012, 02:47 AM
sounds cool i'll check it out

LoyalACFan
10-19-2012, 02:51 AM
Why... on earth... would you bump this...

Wreaver
10-19-2012, 11:49 AM
I thought this thread died:nonchalance:

Dralight
10-19-2012, 12:30 PM
This is the second over-a-year-old thread I've seen revived today ._. wut