PDA

View Full Version : 1946?????????

BLEDSOE
12-10-2008, 03:19 PM
Played the original IL before being deployed to Iraq, I just purchased an expansion pack with a P51 on the cover from e-bay but I see there appears to be another one with a Mig on the front called 1946. Do I buy both?

Zeus-cat
12-10-2008, 03:28 PM
IL-2 1946 is the latest or should I say the last? 1946 is the end of the series.

If you get 1946 and the 4.08 and 4.09 patches you will have everything.

BLEDSOE
12-10-2008, 03:50 PM
Thank you Sir, you help is appriciated. I take it that I need to purchase 1946? What does the expansion pack do?

WTE_Galway
12-10-2008, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by BLEDSOE:
Thank you Sir, you help is appriciated. I take it that I need to purchase 1946? What does the expansion pack do?

Il2 1946 is a compilation product that includes all the earlier expansion packs for Forgotten Battles and Pacific Fighters including the Pe2 addon and the manchuria addon. In addition to the early packs it adds some very silly 1946 post war planes as well as a stack of extra maps, ground objects etc.

If you:
- install 1946
- dowload the 4.08 patch
- optionally install the 4.09 beta patch

You will have all the "authorised" Il2 expansions and addons without installing anything else. You do not even need the original game its a "complete" edition.

Note that there are some after market skin/mission packs available.

Note there are also now "unauthorised" addons with more planes and extra maps - commonly known as "the mods" - however I have never used them so cannot comment.

VF-17_Jolly
12-10-2008, 03:58 PM
Unfortunately the expansion you bought will do nothing for you unless you have IL2 Forgotten Battles (The second installment of IL2)
and it is not compatible with the original. Put it back on e-bay and buy 1946, which contains everything to date in the IL2 world and then patch as mentioned above

BLEDSOE
12-10-2008, 04:01 PM
Should of went here first http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Aaron_GT
12-11-2008, 01:27 AM
1946 is available fairly inexpensively so you won't be too much out of pocket.

You will probably also want to download the hyperlobby client for online play (it is free).

Urufu_Shinjiro
12-11-2008, 10:36 AM
If you like Steam for getting your games then they have it for $9.99.

major_setback
12-11-2008, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by BLEDSOE:
Should of went here first http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Steady on there!!!
What's the name of your expansion?
I have Battle Over Europe and it works fine with thr Sturmovik 1946 DVD, it adds campaigns in Normandy, and you can download updates of the campaign generator that allow you to fly an huge amount of planes in the Normandy and Northern Europe arenas..someone else might remember where they are...I think the site "Mission4Today" has the downloads....
I stress that it works fine for me, and is very worthwhile!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/518RvnWqOkL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

major_setback
12-11-2008, 11:22 AM
Here is a patch for the add on..I'm not sure if it is the latest:

http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=2167

Tip: use the search function on this forum and look for "BoE" or "Battle over Europe" for install information..I forget now how I did it..I think it just installs over "Sturmovik 1946" though without a problem..someone else might know.

TheFamilyMan
12-11-2008, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by major_setback:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BLEDSOE:

Steady on there!!!
What's the name of your expansion?
I have Battle Over Europe and it works fine with thr Sturmovik 1946 DVD, it adds campaigns in Normandy, and you can download updates of the campaign generator that allow you to fly an huge amount of planes in the Normandy and Northern Europe arenas..someone else might remember where they are...I think the site "Mission4Today" has the downloads....
I stress that it works fine for me, and is very worthwhile!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/518RvnWqOkL._SL500_AA280_.jpg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>+1

This expansion is excellent and also for me it works fine with IL-2 1946, though in my experience you need lots of experience with air combat before it really shines.

major_setback
12-11-2008, 03:16 PM
This is the info' on the patch..it is certainly for "Sturmovik 196"

Quote:

This patch install free downloadable updates of dynamic campaigns mentioned
below to Dgen folder in IL-2Sturmovik 1946
(if need be IL-2Sturmovik Forgotten Battles) :

New Campaigns for PF 4.02m
Ju-88 Finland
MM1965 Russian Belgorod Campaign
West Front Campaigns 2.11
True Pacific 0.08
True Pacific 0.09 Update
Enhanced Eastern v.2
Ian Boys Burma campaigns-Stage4
Ijekio ulmar campaigns
Disaster On The Frontiers 2.1
The Wild Huntsman - Willi Reschke Ta-152 campaign
JG27 campaign 1.0
Reichsverteidigung 1943-45 1.5.1.
French Wings 1943 - 1945 v.9
Winter War 1940 v.1.1+ udate
USAAF MTO campaign v.0.7a
Italian falcons v.1.2
Update New Quinea campaign by Ojcar
Enhanced German Bomber Campaigns v.1.1 by Boelcke
Asia for the Asians! campaign v.1.2 by Ojcar
Corrected briefings for dynamic DGen campaigns v.5.0 by Vtrelut
DGen.exe v.4.0.8.7
JSGMEMODS folder + jsgme_setup.exe v.2.2.0.120

In version PatchB_BoE.exe install:

- files campaigns,classes,planes and squadrons from BoE
which are mutually overwriting
- DGen BoE+Ostfront 4.0 update by Ian Boys and others
(files from Ostfront be away)
- BoE more planes (into campaigns BoE added planes Do-335, Bf-109K-4C3,
Mosquito, Spitfire IX25LB after Patch 4.03m) by Skycat
- adjusted file EuroPlanes by Ian Boys
- campaigns Channelfront 1941-44 v.2.02 by Boelcke (for BoE)
- JG27 campaign 2.0 by Boelcke
- JG26 campaign 1.0 by Boelcke (for BoE)
- Greenhearts campaign 1.3 by Boelcke
- Reichsverteidigung - home defense campaign 1.5.1 by Boelcke
- 2nd TAF campaign v.1.1 by Boelcke
- RAF Early War Campaign 1940 v.1.0 by Boelcke
- French Wings for BoE by Vtrelut
- RAF Fighter careers in PTO & ETO/MTO v.3.0 by Vtrelut and Billy Pryce

I forgot to say you don't just get careers in the Normandy area, there are Ardennes campaigns, and battles for Berlin at the end of the war, and I'm sure lots more. I can now fly many RAF campaigns in the Med' Theatre of Operations, though I'm not sure if that is due to the patch/add-on.
The campaigns at the time of the invasion are very nice, and I've spent a huge amount of time flying those over the Normandy map, which I find very immersive. You can fly for the US (Mustang, P47 and more), or if you download the patch you can fly Spitfires for the RAF. I have recently created campaigns for the Tempest and Mosquito over normandy.

BLEDSOE
12-11-2008, 04:02 PM
The name of the CD I purchased is IL2 Sturmovick Forgotten Battles "Ace Expansion Pack", how am I doing so far?

Stiletto-
12-11-2008, 04:11 PM
Nope, that is one of the key add-ons for Forgotten Battles but that is all included in "1946", if you want the most up to date version of IL-2 and you want to play online at all, then you need 46. Everything is included in it plus more, IL2: Forgotten Battles, Pacific Fighters and the Ace Expansion pack which you have is all outdated these days unfortunately.

BLEDSOE
12-11-2008, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Stiletto-:
Nope, that is one of the key add-ons for Forgotten Battles but that is all included in "1946", if you want the most up to date version of IL-2 and you want to play online at all, then you need 46. Everything is included in it plus more, IL2: Forgotten Battles, Pacific Fighters and the Ace Expansion pack which you have is all outdated these days
unfortunately.

No probelm, I ended up giving a donation for US military families anyway, I just give my Old IL2 and that expansion pack to my son.