PDA

View Full Version : Questions at the end of Revelations?! ::SPOILERS::

lodylody
11-20-2011, 02:35 PM
So, there are a couple big questions I'm left with??

1. Eve. Who, where?

2. Lucy. Why was she killed?

3. New York and the cave? What has Desmond done? Has it been activated? What's happened?

4. How is he back in the Animus?

5. Why did Ezio return to Monteriggioni?

Sun.Tzu.GE
11-20-2011, 03:29 PM
I'm also confused.It's called AC:Revelations but where the hell are the revelations ?There where no questions answered in this game ! We only got to see subject 16..

Kamil Black Fox
11-20-2011, 04:21 PM
We're all wondering that. :/ Its pretty disappointing to where those questions haven't even been touched,

Razrback16
11-20-2011, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by lodylody:

1. Eve. Who, where?

3. New York and the cave? What has Desmond done? Has it been activated? What's happened?

I'm wondering many of the same things.

As far as the Monteriggioni return, that was to put the symbol on the wall for them to find at the end of Brotherhood so they could figure out the password (72).

lodylody
11-21-2011, 12:04 AM
OH YEAH, Razrback16, I remember that!!

It's very silly, the actual ending of Brotherhood only left us with questions about Eve and Lucy, and who the people putting him back in the Animus were.

Revelations expanded and elaborated on things we already knew about...

Razrback16
11-21-2011, 12:15 AM
OH YEAH, Razrback16, I remember that!!

It's very silly, the actual ending of Brotherhood only left us with questions about Eve and Lucy, and who the people putting him back in the Animus were.

Revelations expanded and elaborated on things we already knew about...

Yep. I still want more details on Lucy. She was a primary character and Desmond's main love interest, and then poof. Gone. Not cool.

goclo822
11-21-2011, 04:48 AM
Ya I was really unimpressed with how things were handled in regards to Lucy and how little focus was given to revealing what happened and why. I'm hoping that they just wanted to give more focus to Ezio and Altair and leave the Desmond and Lucy stuff for AC3. Hopefully then we will get our answers.

zerocooll21
11-21-2011, 06:46 AM

1. Eve. Who, where?

1. Don't know yet, although the chick they kept showing at the end looks a lot like Eve.

2. To put Desmond in a coma so he could finish Altiar/Ezio memories and reach the Sync Nexus/Nexus of Time.

3. From the Davinci DLC you get the coordinats of the grand temple in NY where the game ends.

4. So you can finish the side quests (its a video game, gotta draw a line somewhere). Yah its not the same like in ACII but there really isn't a way for Ubi to say now that desmond is out he should go head and hop right back in.

5. To leave the password to Juno's Vault for Desmond.

I'm interested to see if Ezio saw anything when he went to Juno's temple.

Kamil Black Fox
11-21-2011, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by zerocooll21:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lodylody:

1. Eve. Who, where?

1. Don't know yet, although the chick they kept showing at the end looks a lot like Eve.

2. To put Desmond in a coma so he could finish Altiar/Ezio memories and reach the Sync Nexus/Nexus of Time.

3. From the Davinci DLC you get the coordinats of the grand temple in NY where the game ends.

4. So you can finish the side quests (its a video game, gotta draw a line somewhere). Yah its not the same like in ACII but there really isn't a way for Ubi to say now that desmond is out he should go head and hop right back in.

I'm interested to see if Ezio saw anything when he went to Juno's temple. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You sir... have made the most sense so far... I applaud you.

zerocooll21
11-21-2011, 07:08 AM
Haha thanks man http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

goclo822
11-21-2011, 07:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lodylody:

1. Eve. Who, where?

I'm interested to see if Ezio saw anything when he went to Juno's temple. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1. Ya I think that was definitely Eve...that or they really need a new animator. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

2. I get that but is it meant to be a temporary thing? Or were they just like "hey Desmond should be in a coma the next game, how could we possibly do that? *lightbulb!* Lucy is disposable!" I highly doubt it was the only way they could think of. Subject 16 didn't need a dead Lucy to lose his marbles. There must be more of a reason and purpose for it and that is what I want to know.

4. lol I think that is the most probable solution. I actually find it quite funny that people seem to have such a huge problem with this. It's a game. An explanation would be nice but what could they do? Lets just say Desmond's dreaming.

Et_Tu_Brute
11-21-2011, 08:56 AM

1. Eve. Who, where?

1. eve was possibly the woman in the TWCB cinematic, it is also a possible that Desmond is a descendant (or reincarnation) of Adam, and must find the descendant (or reincarnation) of Eve

2. Lucy possibly was a road block to finding Eve, or was a templar.

3.Pretty sure NY is where the central data base for the temples are, and Desmond is like the "will of the gods". He has been given powers to save the planet from destruction, and only he can do it

4. i dont think that he really went back into the animus, but you go back in for gampelay reasons

5. i think he went back to Monteriggioni to find his purpose, or to begin finding his purpose. After finishing off the Borgia, he was like "now what?".

lodylody
11-21-2011, 11:05 AM

I'm interested to see if Ezio saw anything when he went to Juno's temple.

1. Yeah, I agree.

2. That isn't the reason inside the game though... There has to be a proper reason in the plot.

3. I guess my main questions in this point are the first three. What HAS he activated, what IS happeneing?!

4. If they'd had made a better ending, they could have still given us a proper excuse! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

5. Yeah.

Thebattousai
12-05-2011, 03:41 AM
It's been on my mind for a while but thanks to some router issues I lost all of my bonuses from the story and had to replay for that 100% sync and such. I don't think it's actually Desmond in the animus after the end, what if, because the animus was basically scanning his mind, its just an avatar, a memory imprint, sorta like clay in the animus.

scope2005
12-05-2011, 04:19 AM
I am dissapointed with the "Revelations" of the game's namesake, They only elaborate on WHAT WE ALREADY KNOW http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Multiplayer has some interesting facts however - Daniel Cross is alive and is now head of operations at Abstergo (in control of the Abstergo Agents it seems). He is described as being "thier second best ever agent". Who was the first? it is only hinted at...

Another dossier notes that information from one of thier moles "close to desmond", has informed abstergo that he is descended from at least TWO mentors of the Assassin Order - Ezio and Altair. The way its worded however points directly to Lucy - I hoped she wasn't a Templar but it looks as if she may have had the Same brainwashing applied to her as Daniel Cross had originally - to involuntarily help the Templars. Juno could probably see right through this, which is why she forced desmond to kill her.

Back to the Whole "Eve" thing - When 16 tells desmond to "Find Eve", at the end of brotherhood - I don't think he was being so literal - "Eve" the Human who lived in TWCB timeline IS DEAD... But do her genes live on?

Half of the things he said were CRYPTIC clues to leave us puzzled.

Multiplayer in ACR may have the answer to this, one of the Abstergo Dossier's states that Humans are descended from altered TWCB Genes which have been named "X Chromosome Eve" and "Y Chromosome Adam" - or something like that.

My Theory is that the TWCB gene that gives Desmond's bloodlines the 'Eagle Sense' is the "Adam Chromosome".

My guess is that TWCB want Desmond to sire a child with whoever has the "Eve Chromosome", to perhaps ressurect TWCB bloodline? This may be thier true agenda aside from the whole "stop the end of the world" thing?

Maybe TWCB are no better than the Templars? The Legends they left behind, purposely vague so that facts would be lost to myth? So that one day thier Hybrid/Human descendants may unwittingly embark on a quest which may see them ressurected?

Nomad86x
12-05-2011, 11:38 AM
Here's my theories regarding your questions - although most of it is speculation :P

1) Eve, as we all know is the Eve of the Biblical story of Adam and Eve, and the same from the video from the Glyphs in ACII. We know that from S16, who is a descendant of Adam, although its unknown if Desmond is a descendant of either Adam or Eve (unlikely that he is a descendant of Eve, but I won't rule it out based on semantics of the clues thus far).

When Subject 16 speaks to Desmond in ACB - He references "Eve. Find Eve. The key . . her DNA." So we're either looking for her the person (highly unlikely but not impossible, remember Juno in ACB "We built [the Vaults] to store objects, words, wisdom but not life, almost did we have the means, but time..time erodes us.) So the more obvious answer is a descendant. But here's the catch, we get a cinematic treat at the end of ACR that tells us more than I'm sure any of us realize right now. We follow a woman, with a striking resemblance to Eve throughout that short video that shows the end of the First Civilization at the hands of the natural catastrophe.

(Sorry this is where I'm about to get a bit confusing switching between locations so try and stick with my spontaneous chain of thought, I barely can :P)

So we've most likely pinpointed the "Who" as least as far as we possibly can so far, but here's where I'm conflicted. From the Da Vinci Dissapearance (DVD), and the end of ACR, we know exactly where this location is that is shown to us in the cinematic. BUT, when we last saw Eve, in "The Truth" it looked like she and Adam were in East Africa, not Upstate New York, as towards the end of the video in "the Truth" we see what looks an awful lot like Kilimanjaro in the background. Being from Upstate New York, we have mountains, but certainly nothing like that. But the location featured in the "end of the World video" is revealed, thanks to a time lapse, to be the same location as the coordinates revealed to us in DVD - Upstate New York. So it's odd that Eve could be in UNY and Africa, but it was the First Civilization, so there could be tech that allowed that, or continental drift, since we aren't sure on the time frame we're dealing with. One more thing - the Templars keep talking about the search for the "Grand Temple" - which I assume is the place we keep get peaks at, in New York.

So long story short, the crew ends up in New York, the same location shown in the End of the First Civilization video, so there's some huge significance there. And let's assume Eve is indeed the woman in that video, that means we're looking for something Eve related in the ruins of what I think is "the Grand Temple".

Just some of thoughts I've had regarding this whole Eve thing - but odds are I'm wrong somewhere along the line http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

Nomad86x
12-05-2011, 12:11 PM
2) As for Lucy, I'll try and keep my thoughts short and concise :P

I don't think she's a Templar. Looking from a Templar standpoint, she compromised their efforts in a major way if she was. She kidnapped Desmond and took him away - basically giving the Assassins access to a wealth of information to tip the scales in their favor, and take away a potential royal flush away from the Templars. I mean, through Desmond, look at all the information we've discovered along with him. If she were a Templar, she would have left Desmond where he was, ratted out all that she knew about Shaun, Rebecca, William, and the other teams, and that would be it. I could understand her going undercover, but not with that kind of risk. It would be like giving your enemy the exact strategy to finish you off - in the hopes that they won't be using it.

So is she really dead? At this point it seems to be so. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif But don't despair. Because there was that instance in ACI where Al-Mualim stabbed Altair.

Al-Mualim: I am sorry, truly I am, I cannot abide a traitor.
Altair: What! I am no traitor!
Al-Mualim: Your actions indicate otherwise. And so you leave me no choice. Peace be with you Altair. *stabs Altair*
-----
*Altair awakes in Al-Mualim's study, *(standing I might add not sleeping like he was in some dream land)
Altair: I am .. alive, but I saw you stab me .. felt death's embrace
Al-Mualim: You saw what I wanted you to see, and then you slept the sleep of the dead. Of the womb, that you might awake and be reborn.
Altair: To what end?
(I can't remember, bu I'm pretty sure Al-Mualim possesses the Apple at this point, so he could certainly have used it, it just doesn't seem to appear in this scene, so that's why I speculate)

Now fast forward to ACB in the Vault

Juno: There is one would accompany you through the gate, she lies not within our sight(Idk, that just seemed to be an important line to me, maybe Lucy, but probably Eve? )

Desmond: What are you doing ?!?
Juno: The Path must be opened
Desmond: Stop!Please
Juno: You know very little, we must guide you! Cease your struggle!
Desmond: No! *stab*
Juno: It is done, the way lies all before you, only she remains to be found, awaken the sixth, go alone.

So first, I'll say that that we seem to know that this was done so that Desmond would be thrown back in the Animus and crack open those unfinished memories and reach the "Time Nexus". So, at least for me, being forced against my will, but with my own body doing the work, stabbing someone I have strong feelings for would definitely put a large crack in my mental wellbeing. So that, Juno intended and knowing the end result of this action, served as a way for Desmond to be thrown back into the Animus. If so, that's a pretty cold-hearted way to finish Lucy off, as a main character, to just be used as a step up for a grater purpose.

That's left me with two thoughts, she's dead, but there's more to it, or she's alive, and we haven't a clue.
I'll say it now, I have no idea what could possibly come of her death, since I don't see being a Templar being a likely circumstance. So she could be alive, and why not (although I'm not holding out hope anymore) Because throughout the entirety of ACR, Desmond is in the Animus, and we get glimpses of what is being said outside while he is still in, but the PoE are powerful tools, and as shown, when wielded by TWCB with a purpose, they can do some pretty wacky things, so Juno could have, within Desmond's own mind, maintained the illusion that Lucy is dead, to keep his head in a shrouded mist that he has to claw his own way out of.

But that's all speculation, so my thoughts are basically this, she's really dead, and we don't have the full story as to why, or she's alive, and there's an illusion being maintained, which is unlikely. It's just an awfully cold-hearted way to finish her off, as just some pawn that had to be lost in order to Checkmate the opponent.

randomxf109
12-05-2011, 02:57 PM
My prediction on the whole Lucy situation is that she and Desmond were getting too close and it would have somehow interfered with Desmond's destiny... but it would have been less anticlimactic if he had the choice instead of it just being forced on him. And perhaps at a later date, when it mattered.