PDA

View Full Version : possible spoiler, the circle of templars/knights toward the end

BrianInKorea
04-14-2009, 07:51 AM
For me this was the hardest part of the whole game. I must of been slaughtered 40 times before I passed it. I felt cheated. The fights went from easy throughout the whole game to the last fight that required you to blend together all your techniques seamlessly. No longer could you just block counterattack at will. I also felt my timing was completely off. So 90% of my counterattacks occured too early and were easily countered/ignored. And then sometimes I felt like I was playing a video game without putting the quarter in (you know, as a kid when you thing that you are controlling the character and then realize your not). And that was really the only fight in the game that really required you to be a master of the countergrab which I definitely am not so the best I could do was roll around and stand back up.

But anyways, I like the challenge it presents. It motivates me. Its something to strive for. I will continue to work on my sword skills and counters and dodges and use that fight as my test. Its the only actually challenging battle in the whole game. I just wasn't prepared for it. To many easy fights made me think I was a sweet sword fighter.

So, I was thinking. It would be interesting to see people upload videos of their battle online and see if anyone can pass untouched or who comes the closest. I want to see others blending the counters and dodges and deflections, showing off their mad skills.

BrianInKorea
04-14-2009, 07:51 AM
For me this was the hardest part of the whole game. I must of been slaughtered 40 times before I passed it. I felt cheated. The fights went from easy throughout the whole game to the last fight that required you to blend together all your techniques seamlessly. No longer could you just block counterattack at will. I also felt my timing was completely off. So 90% of my counterattacks occured too early and were easily countered/ignored. And then sometimes I felt like I was playing a video game without putting the quarter in (you know, as a kid when you thing that you are controlling the character and then realize your not). And that was really the only fight in the game that really required you to be a master of the countergrab which I definitely am not so the best I could do was roll around and stand back up.

But anyways, I like the challenge it presents. It motivates me. Its something to strive for. I will continue to work on my sword skills and counters and dodges and use that fight as my test. Its the only actually challenging battle in the whole game. I just wasn't prepared for it. To many easy fights made me think I was a sweet sword fighter.

So, I was thinking. It would be interesting to see people upload videos of their battle online and see if anyone can pass untouched or who comes the closest. I want to see others blending the counters and dodges and deflections, showing off their mad skills.

Account_Deleted
04-14-2009, 07:57 AM
hmm that could be possible
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif
and keep up the countering :P http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Mitsurai
04-14-2009, 08:56 AM
I didn't really find it hard at all. It was on a larger scale, and the templars in the end DID counter your throws and combos sometimes, but that didn't really deal you much damage.

Personally I finished it on my first attempt...
=P