PDA

View Full Version : I'm not getting contracts

Joshernaut
11-17-2010, 09:47 PM
Every now and then, no picture will appear for me to assassinate. In forced to wander around aimlessly until someone puts me out of my misery.

JIN_22
11-18-2010, 12:01 AM
I am getting the same problem. I see others get kills after kills when i am stuck wandering aimlessly because i don't receive my contract.

DeafAtheist
11-18-2010, 12:19 AM
Not having a contract isn't a bug. It sometimes simply because there are times when up to 3 players are all targeting the same person. When this happens that causes some players to not have targets and others to not have pursuers. So if you have a pursuer but no target you just need to depend more on defense. It seems to happen most commonly when there are 7 players in the game because of the uneven number of people playing.

Vipec
11-18-2010, 12:23 AM
Sorry DeafAtheist but this is not the case. I'm writing those word during a Watend games and I had only one contract during the whole game when people were killing eachother during the remaining 9min15sec.

This looks like a bug. A random program should give a contract even the computer would give a contract on a guy already with 3players on him... or something like that. It's not my first time. sometimes its only 1min... sometimes the whole game

omghavox
11-18-2010, 12:36 AM
i get this issue here and there,and yes it is quite annoying when it does happen,but the game has been out for 2 days stuff happens,they will fix it im sure.

DeafAtheist
11-18-2010, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by Vipec:
Sorry DeafAtheist but this is not the case. I'm writing those word during a Watend games and I had only one contract during the whole game when people were killing eachother during the remaining 9min15sec.

This looks like a bug. A random program should give a contract even the computer would give a contract on a guy already with 3players on him... or something like that. It's not my first time. sometimes its only 1min... sometimes the whole game

If it's for a full game then that's a problem but not if it's for a few minute. Unless there's an odd number of players everyone should have a target at the beginning ... once there have been a few kills then it's possible that you might not have a target and have to wait until someone dies to be assigned one.

cawboy84
11-18-2010, 07:55 AM
i have played the multi player beta and I never had that problem. There was always a target for me to kill because it is impossible for someone to not have a target simply because there are enough players.

DeafAtheist
11-18-2010, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by cawboy84:
i have played the multi player beta and I never had that problem. There was always a target for me to kill because it is impossible for someone to not have a target simply because there are enough players.

No it's not. Think about it. 8 players. 1 one them has 3 pursuers...

Look at the column of numbers below. The numbers on the left represent the number of players in a game. If one player has 3 people pursuing him that means 2 players won't have a target and 2 players won't have a pursuer. If you add up the numbers in the right column that represent how many pursuers or targets each player has they add up to 8. As you see 2 players won't have a target and 2 players won't have a pursuer until one of the players that does have a target kills them or they lose the contract due to a stun or escape then one of the players that don't have a target should get a target.

1-3
2-1
3-1
4-1
5-1
6-1
7-0
8-0

So unless everyone who has a pursuer doesn't get killed or cause their pursuer to lose their contract those 2 players who don't have a pursuer will go for awhile without one and the 2 players who don't have a target will go without one for awhile. The 2 that don't have a target and the 2 that don't have a pursuer aren't necessarily the same players but at least one or both possibly could be.

If you get target rather quickly after a short wait that means someone died or lost a contract and it passed on to you. But there's another player that won't have a target too so one of the players without a target will have to wait until 2 players die or lose a contract before they get one.

Now if there are fewer players in the game (6 or 7) then the chances of not having a target will increase. With 7 players in the game one person is guaranteed not to have a target and one player is guaranteed not to have a pursuer at all times because of the odd numbers. But it shouldn't be the same person thru the whole game. That won't change until someone dies or loses their contract.

I hope that makes sense.

DoomKnight10
11-18-2010, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by DeafAtheist:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cawboy84:

No it's not. Think about it. 8 players. 1 one them has 3 pursuers...

Look at the column of numbers below. The numbers on the left represent the number of players in a game. If one player has 3 people pursuing him that means 2 players won't have a target and 2 players won't have a pursuer. If you add up the numbers in the right column that represent how many pursuers or targets each player has they add up to 8. As you see 2 players won't have a target and 2 players won't have a pursuer until one of the players that does have a target kills them or they lose the contract due to a stun or escape then one of the players that don't have a target should get a target.

1-3
2-1
3-1
4-1
5-1
6-1
7-0
8-0

So unless everyone who has a pursuer doesn't get killed or cause their pursuer to lose their contract those 2 players who don't have a pursuer will go for awhile without one and the 2 players who don't have a target will go without one for awhile. The 2 that don't have a target and the 2 that don't have a pursuer aren't necessarily the same players but at least one or both possibly could be.

If you get target rather quickly after a short wait that means someone died or lost a contract and it passed on to you. But there's another player that won't have a target too so one of the players without a target will have to wait until 2 players die or lose a contract before they get one.

Now if there are fewer players in the game (6 or 7) then the chances of not having a target will increase. With 7 players in the game one person is guaranteed not to have a target and one player is guaranteed not to have a pursuer at all times because of the odd numbers. But it shouldn't be the same person thru the whole game. That won't change until someone dies or loses their contract.

I hope that makes sense. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
What are you talking about? I am kinda confused here. If the top player has 4 people chasing him, and there are 6 players, the 6th still gets a contract. If there are 8, then the 3 others still get a target. You can have a target and a pursuer at the same time.

mayorwest
11-18-2010, 07:03 PM
DeafAtheist, I believe your logic is flawed a bit here.

It is possible to not have a pursuer, but that usually means you're near the bottom

however, The way this system is set up you should never go very long without a target.
Example - In an 8 player match, 1st place has 3 pursuers, so those 3 players(lets assume they're 2nd,3rd,4th) all have 1 target(1st place).
2nd place has 2 pursuers(being 5th and 6th)
That leaves the possibility for 1st,7th and 8th place to have a 3rd,4th,5th,or 6th place player as a target.

I hope that clears things up some

and I too have had the game not give me a target till i died(always got a target after respawn though) or the match was over, it even happened in the Beta a couple of times. So, yes I think there might be a slight issue here

Justin125
11-18-2010, 08:22 PM
It's totally f***ed...I went a whole game with no contract and only got pursuers every once in a while even when I was in 1st place...And sometimes it would say on the side that someone stole my contract even though I didn't have one.

DeafAtheist
11-19-2010, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by DoomKnight10:
What are you talking about? I am kinda confused here. If the top player has 4 people chasing him, and there are 6 players, the 6th still gets a contract. If there are 8, then the 3 others still get a target. You can have a target and a pursuer at the same time.

First of all no player has more than 3 pursuers. 4 is not possible.

I didn't say you couldn't have a target and a pursuer at the same time. I said that while 3 people are pursuing the same target 2 people are going to be without a target and 2 people will be without a pursuer until contracts change by a kill, a stun, or an escape. How long you go without a target or a pursuer depends on how long it takes for there to be an available contract. It shouldn't take too long to get one though. My point is simply that with 2 or more people pursuing the same target that means at least 2 players are going to be without a target or a pursuer for that duration.

DeafAtheist
11-19-2010, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by mayorwest:
DeafAtheist, I believe your logic is flawed a bit here.

It is possible to not have a pursuer, but that usually means you're near the bottom

however, The way this system is set up you should never go very long without a target.
Example - In an 8 player match, 1st place has 3 pursuers, so those 3 players(lets assume they're 2nd,3rd,4th) all have 1 target(1st place).
That leaves the possibility for 1st,7th and 8th place to have a 3rd,4th,5th,or 6th place player as a target.

I hope that clears things up some

and I too have had the game not give me a target till i died(always got a target after respawn though) or the match was over, it even happened in the Beta a couple of times. So, yes I think there might be a slight issue here

I wasn't trying to say that not having a pursuer or a target for a long period of time wasn't an issue. I agree that it shouldn't take too long to get them. If it takes to long like going thru an entire game not having one or the other then that's a problem with the game.

The post I was commenting on said that there were enough targets to go around for everyone to have one at all times. This is simply not true if one player has 3 targets on him because that automatically leaves 2 other players without one and leaves another 2 players without a pursuer until contracts shift. That was my only point.

mayorwest
11-19-2010, 12:37 PM

The post I was commenting on said that there were enough targets to go around for everyone to have one at all times. This is simply not true if one player has 3 targets on him because that automatically leaves 2 other players without one and leaves another 2 players without a pursuer until contracts shift. That was my only point.

There are enough targets to go around.

This leaves 3 players with 4 possible targets, unless I missed something here, please feel free to check my figures

DeafAtheist
11-19-2010, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by mayorwest:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafAtheist:

There are enough targets to go around.

This leaves 3 players with 4 possible targets, unless I missed something here, please feel free to check my figures </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're right. I put it down on paper and figured it out. Everyone should indeed always have a target in an 8 player Wanted match. It just leaves 2 players without a pursuer but everyone should still have a target. My mistake. I was thinking that if 2 people didn't have a pursuer that would naturally mean that 2 people didn't have a target too, but that's a misconception so I stand corrected here.

EvillllllllllL
11-19-2010, 04:44 PM
It has happened to me i just started killing citizens and it gave me a contract after i started killing random people.

Slaterpipe
11-19-2010, 07:57 PM
The logic that only the player in first gets 3 targets on him is also wrong, I've gone from first to 2nd,3rd,or even 4th and still had 2-3 people on me before.

DeafAtheist
11-19-2010, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Slaterpipe:
The logic that only the player in first gets 3 targets on him is also wrong, I've gone from first to 2nd,3rd,or even 4th and still had 2-3 people on me before.

Dude no one claimed that only the person in 1st place got 3 pursuers. We were simply using that as an example in discussing why some players weren't getting contracts. Everyone who has played the game knows that the top 3 positions alternate between having 2-3 pursuers. No one here is disputing that. Or at least everyone who is good enough at the game to get into the top 3 positions knows it.

DoomKnight10
11-19-2010, 11:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Slaterpipe:

Dude no one claimed that only the person in 1st place got 3 pursuers. We were simply using that as an example in discussing why some players weren't getting contracts. Everyone who has played the game knows that the top 3 positions alternate between having 2-3 pursuers. No one here is disputing that. Or at least everyone who is good enough at the game to get into the top 3 positions knows it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I have ended up with 4 before. It really sucks.

DeafAtheist
11-19-2010, 11:06 PM

How is that possible? There are only 3 red markers on the HUD that indicate the number of pursuers so how could you have 4?

DoomKnight10
11-20-2010, 11:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DoomKnight10:

How is that possible? There are only 3 red markers on the HUD that indicate the number of pursuers so how could you have 4? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I havent had a chance to play for a few days, but I am pretty sure there are 4 markers...

DeafAtheist
11-20-2010, 12:12 PM
I havent had a chance to play for a few days, but I am pretty sure there are 4 markers...

Me too. I'm visiting my mom for the weekend. Won't be back on my Xbox until Monday.

Anyone in here who has access to ACB can confirm for us how many HUD indicators there are for pursuers?

MGP21
11-20-2010, 12:46 PM
yea there are 4 red marks next to your current place (1st, 2nd) so if 4 of them light up you have 4 persuers

DeafAtheist
11-20-2010, 01:44 PM
I guess I was wrong then. I could have sworn there were only 3.