PDA

View Full Version : people need to realize that assassins is ultimately about Desmond Miles *SPOILERS*

Radman500
11-26-2011, 02:56 PM
its alright to have an opinion, but i have seen alot of people that said if its a 100 percent desmond game, AC3.... then they will not play it...

people need to realize that desmond is the main protagonist of the game, if you cared about the story, you would NOT want another ancestor

what for, we don't need another ancestor... all that happens if they add another ancestor, is confuse the plot even more

altair and ezio are enough, i see no need for a third ancestor, since desmond already knows what to do

<span class="ev_code_RED">Updated with SPOILER tag.</span>

Steww-
11-26-2011, 03:00 PM
Unless you know the plot of AC3, you are not in a position to say he doesn't need to revisit the life of another ancestor.

LightRey
11-26-2011, 03:02 PM
You are wrong. Though Desmond is indeed the main protagonist. A major, essential part of the theme of AC has always been the fact that you play in historical settings in the past.

Besides, as has been confirmed, there will be another ancestor.

SleezeRocker
11-26-2011, 03:03 PM
I do play for the story and I do want another ancestor http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

If it's all Desmond, id be dissapointed but I'd still play it.

Radman500
11-26-2011, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Steww-:
Unless you know the plot of AC3, you are not in a position to say he doesn't need to revisit the life of another ancestor.

i think he knows what do, from watching the revelations ending... because he did say "I know what we have to do"

plus adding another ancestor, seems sort of "dragging" on and delaying Desmond's story

DarthEzio55
11-26-2011, 03:04 PM
i think the reason people say they wont play ac3 if it's a 100% desmond story is because they love ac because of the historical aspect. But i agree at one point in the game its going to be majority of desmond, and personally i'm pretty excited to play in Modern world, but i'm just worried that it's going to use guns, and become a thrid person shooter like uncharted. Lol, the two protagonists are even voiced by the same actor.

LightRey
11-26-2011, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Radman500:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Steww-:

i think he knows what do, from watching the revelations ending... because he did say "I know what we have to do"

plus adding another ancestor, seems sort of "dragging" on and delaying Desmond's story </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You don't know anything and as I've explained You're wrong regardless.

Radman500
11-26-2011, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Radman500:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Steww-:

plus adding another ancestor, seems sort of "dragging" on and delaying Desmond's story </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You don't know anything and as I've explained You're wrong regardless. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no sir.... your wrong.. you do realize that Desmond has to actually save the world.. you realize that

but taking your approach, lets delay desmond's story even more, add a new ancestor, which will utlimately add confusing to a plot, have another 2 "spin-off".. and before you know it the world will end, if he waits that long

Lurker178
11-26-2011, 03:09 PM
I think it was confirmed that the next Assassin's Creed would deal with another ancestor.

However, even if we do play as another ancestor in AC3, most of the game's time should be dedicated Desmond. When you have a story-line centered around the 2012 Apocalypse, it's probably best to end it around that time.

SleezeRocker
11-26-2011, 03:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Radman500:

You don't know anything and as I've explained You're wrong regardless. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
and he's always been wrong and also he ugly and don't have friends?

.....lol

Radman500
11-26-2011, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by SleezeRocker:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

and he's always been wrong and also he ugly and don't have friends?

.....lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ok lets take your approach for AC3

new ancestor

Desmond doing absolutely nothing again.. i mean its not like he has a world to save or anything..... you know

winterelf86
11-26-2011, 03:12 PM
See, I absolutely agree with this. Desmond is the main character. Period. I don't want another ancestor either. It should stay as Altair, Ezio, and Desmond. The story would just seem to drag if they added another ancestor.

Radman500
11-26-2011, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by winterelf86:
See, I absolutely agree with this. Desmond is the main character. Period. I don't want another ancestor either. It should stay as Altair, Ezio, and Desmond. The story would just seem to drag if they added another ancestor.

precisely

Turinrp
11-26-2011, 03:21 PM
I don't care... I mean as Ubisoft said "History is our playground" they can make spin-offs or something like that only with a single story of one character from the Assassin Order. I do know AC main character is Desmond and whatever, I loved Ezio's Story.

Radman500
11-26-2011, 03:24 PM
Theres no more reason for him to go back in there. They know where they have to go and Desmond knows what he has to do.

ziljn
11-26-2011, 03:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

no sir.... your wrong.. you do realize that Desmond has to actually save the world.. you realize that

but taking your approach, lets delay desmond's story even more, add a new ancestor, which will utlimately add confusing to a plot, have another 2 "spin-off".. and before you know it the world will end, if he waits that long </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Desmond got this far without being the main focus of the last 4 titles so I'm not sure why you assume he has to be the only focus of the next one.

Radman500
11-26-2011, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by ziljn:

because he actually has to save the world from the solar flare..

and that won't get accomplished if he just stays in the animus all day

but taking your approach, lets delay desmond's story even more, add a new ancestor, which will utlimately add confusing to a plot, have another 2 "spin-off".. and before you know it the world will end, if he waits that long </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Desmond got this far without being the main focus of the last 4 titles so I'm not sure why you assume he has to be the only focus of the next one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Radman500
11-26-2011, 03:28 PM
because desmond has to actually SAVE THE FREAKING WORLD from the solar flare

and that won't get accomplished if he stays in the animus the whole time

LightRey
11-26-2011, 03:30 PM
Theres no more reason for him to go back in there. They know where they have to go and Desmond knows what he has to do.
You don't know that. You don't know what he needs to do, what exactly the temples are, which kind of solution will work, etc. and neither does Desmond. All he knows is that he must go to the Grand Temple and why.

Just because Ubi could make it an all-Desmond story doesn't mean they will and since it would break one of the main themes of the story I sincerely doubt they will.

and again they've already confirmed a new ancestor. You. Are. Wrong.

EDIT: Saving the world needn't require an entire game. In fact, it could very well be as simple as pressing a button or flipping a switch.

xx-pyro
11-26-2011, 03:30 PM

No, it won't get accomplished if he's in the Animus the whole time, I agree. There's obviously going to be a short Desmond gameplay segment at the end where he saves the world, after he visits his third ancestor and learns what he needs to learn http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

SleezeRocker
11-26-2011, 03:32 PM

For all we know: SPOILER(s)*
<span class="ev_code_WHITE">What if the go to New york...maybe before; there may be a locked temple or something so Desmond will have to go in Naimus and relive the life of *name of new ancestor* possibly back in time to events leading to the Central hub temple in New York</span>**

and like Rey said, it's been said AC3 will have a new Ancestor

LightRey
Originally posted by xx-pyro:

No, it won't get accomplished if he's in the Animus the whole time, I agree. There's obviously going to be a short Desmond gameplay segment at the end where he saves the world, after he visits his third ancestor and learns what he needs to learn http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Exactly. Just as ACB was about getting Ezio's apple. It was a huge event and it required quite a lot of effort on Desmond's part, it even gave him some more significance to the story, but it was in time taken only a minor part of the game.

Radman500
Originally posted by xx-pyro:

No, it won't get accomplished if he's in the Animus the whole time, I agree. There's obviously going to be a short Desmond gameplay segment at the end where he saves the world, after he visits his third ancestor and learns what he needs to learn http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sorry that would be totally lame, if it was just like brotherhood where desmond saves the world towards the really end of the game, like a 1 level segment thing, like the coliseum part in brotherhood

LightRey
11-26-2011, 03:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xx-pyro:

sorry that would be totally lame, if it was just like brotherhood where desmond saves the world towards the really end of the game, like a 1 level segment thing, like the coliseum part in brotherhood </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Then you'll find AC3 to be lame, because that's the kind of game it'll be. It's the kind of game every AC has been so far.

1. Desmond needs to get some kind of info.
2. Desmond enters animus and relives ancestor's memories to find said info.
3. Desmond finds said info.
4. (Optional) Desmond actually uses said info.

Radman500
11-26-2011, 03:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xx-pyro:

sorry that would be totally lame, if it was just like brotherhood where desmond saves the world towards the really end of the game, like a 1 level segment thing, like the coliseum part in brotherhood </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Then you'll find AC3 to be lame, because that's the kind of game it'll be. It's the kind of game every AC has been so far.

4. (Optional) Desmond actually uses said info. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

but it shouldn't be like that for ac3..

desmond should actually have alot more gameplay then he has in the previous games

unless your fine with him saving the world in 1 level/segment cause i am not

LightRey
11-26-2011, 03:39 PM

desmond should actually have alot more gameplay then he has in the previous games

unless your fine with him saving the world in 1 level/segment cause i am not
He likely will, but it most certainly won't be 100%. Most likely closer to 20%.

iN3krO
11-26-2011, 03:42 PM
and again they've already confirmed a new ancestor. You. Are. Wrong.

Even thought he's wrong that the game will be only about Desmond.

I'm insteresting to see what will ubisoft say as an excuse for Desmond reviving his ancestor and Altair/Ezio knowing nothing about him.

Also, i'm interesting to see how will ubisoft manage to make Ac3 ancestor gameplay unique, nothing comparable to ac1 and ac2(and sequels)... I think ubisoft should improve the game diretly from Ac2 and not from AcR, thought i think they still can use their knowledge about what the fans want from the feedback of Ac2, B and R.

I'm really looking foward for Ac3 to be one of the best games ever after seeing how ubisoft managed to make AcR a great game.

cless711
11-26-2011, 03:43 PM
Hopefully they do 60-70 % Desmond and 30-40 % Animus time. If not that, then 50-50 for both. If we're ending Desmond's story then we need more time for him, not just a short segment that will leave us with more questions than answers.

*Edit*
If anything the ancestor parts should be like the Altair missions in Revelations. Where Desmond finds something (or does something) and it ultimately leads him to reliving one (or more than one) of his ancestor's life (lives).

winterelf86
11-26-2011, 03:44 PM
Wait did Ubisoft specifically say it was going to be a new ancestor or a new -character-?

ziljn
11-26-2011, 03:44 PM

4. (Optional) Desmond actually uses said info. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

unless your fine with him saving the world in 1 level/segment cause i am not </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It shouldn't? It's been like that for 4 series and sales haven't exactly suffered for it. I have no problem with it being 1 sequence since I don't play AC to be Desmond running around the present.

ziljn
11-26-2011, 03:48 PM
Can anyone point out to me which AC game features Desmond on the cover?

None? I wonder why that is...?

Desmond is the conduit. Sure, there is a modern plot line going on too, that obviously needs to be resolved in the next game, but I see no reason why the whole game needs to focus on that.

LightRey
11-26-2011, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by ziljn:
Can anyone point out to me which AC game features Desmond on the cover?

None? I wonder why that is...?

Desmond is the conduit. Sure, there is a modern plot line going on too, that obviously needs to be resolved in the next game, but I see no reason why the whole game needs to focus on that.
Exactly. He's a major plot character and technically the main character even, but he's not the focus. In a way he's like a narrator. He will save the world and it will be epic, but he's only the main character, because he encompasses all others.

maxriderules
11-26-2011, 03:54 PM
Why does it even have to be Desmond who saves the world. We already know there are many teams of assassins, and their main organiser, Shaun, is right with you, so I don't see why they'l have desmond going all over the world and activating the temples. Besides, if they go by the limited time aproach that you are suggesting, it'll be necessary to sacrifice the open world that is so key to AC for pacing. And nobody wants that, so, unless the people at Ubisoft decide they don't like money, we would know that AC3 will not be time critical, rendering all of your arguments null.
Also, AC's current gamestyle would not survive the addition of handheld automatic weaponary, without becoming a slightly different version of splinter cell.

Steww-
11-26-2011, 03:54 PM

LightRey
11-26-2011, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by maxriderules:
Why does it even have to be Desmond who saves the world. We already know there are many teams of assassins, and their main organiser, Shaun, is right with you, so I don't see why they'l have desmond going all over the world and activating the temples. Besides, if they go by the limited time aproach that you are suggesting, it'll be necessary to sacrifice the open world that is so key to AC for pacing. And nobody wants that, so, unless the people at Ubisoft decide they don't like money, we would know that AC3 will not be time critical, rendering all of your arguments null.
Also, AC's current gamestyle would not survive the addition of handheld automatic weaponary, without becoming a slightly different version of splinter cell.
Desmond Miles will save the world, because TWCB (mainly Juno and Jupiter) literally said so.

maxriderules
11-26-2011, 04:07 PM
Wouldn't an alternate explaination for that be leading the assassins to the temples through his genetic memories, possibly something like the mediterranian defence in ACR? I think you're probably right, but I still hope it isn't just a 'One man saves the world and defeats his enemies in a few months despite an organisation of hundreds spending years fighting said enemies' story.

LightRey
11-26-2011, 04:10 PM
Wouldn't an alternate explaination for that be leading the assassins to the temples through his genetic memories, possibly something like the mediterranian defence in ACR? I think you're probably right, but I still hope it isn't just a 'One man saves the world and defeats his enemies in a few months despite an organisation of hundreds spending years fighting said enemies' story.
What do the Templars have to do with the end of the world? The solar flare is a natural occurrence, same with geomagnetic reversal. Both of those are the (likely) cause of the disaster that ends the world. The Templars and their satellite have nothing to do with this.

masterfenix2009
11-26-2011, 04:12 PM
Ya. They picked him because he was the most likely to win or something like that.

I'm hoping that Desmond gets 30% of gameplay and I hope he goes through multiple ancestors in AC3, so everyone is happy.

I can see the trailer now. It shows a French Assassin free-running on top of a roof-top. Then it transfers to a different ancestor in Greece. Then One fighting in China. Then one in london. Finally, it transfers to Desmond on top of a building over-looking a Abstergo press conference with his hidden blade out.

maxriderules
11-26-2011, 04:14 PM
I'm sorry, I thought there was meant to be some link between the satellite and the end of the world. Didn't they mention at the end that the satellite had a POE on it, and that the launch coincided with the end?
Its been a while since I played ACB's story, so I'm not certain, but I was sure they were linked somehow.
also, @assassino 151, that trailer would be awesome, and could link with the locations of the temples.

LightRey
11-26-2011, 04:18 PM
I'm sorry, I thought there was meant to be some link between the satellite and the end of the world. Didn't they mention at the end that the satellite had a POE on it, and that the launch coincided with the end?
Its been a while since I played ACB's story, so I'm not certain, but I was sure they were linked somehow.
also, @assassino 151, that trailer would be awesome, and could link with the locations of the temples.
No, they don't know when the world is supposedly going to end. All they know is the date of the Satellite launch and that it was 72 days away from the day they got Ezio's apple.

maxriderules
11-26-2011, 04:21 PM
My mistake. Sorry.

That said, I still think a desmond only story would have to sacrifice too much of its gameplay for the ssake of pacing if the OP's logic was used as a justification.

goclo822
11-27-2011, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by winterelf86:
This. Like, I understand why people want another ancestor. The historical gameplay is very important to the series but Desmond is the main character and has never gotten the focus he should have. If AC3 is to be his last, it should focus solely on him. But seeing as I know that isn't going to happen, I want it to at least be 80% Desmond and 20% ancestor.

And on that note, I really don't like the idea of a new ancestor because I think it takes away from the Desmond/Altair/Ezio trio (honestly, why did they have to end Altair and Ezio in Revelations?!) but as long as it's done tastefully and in limited doses, I will accept it for the sole purpose of getting a small dose of historical gameplay to appease that side of the game...but only if Desmond is given most of the focus.

davidaamesjr
11-27-2011, 03:58 PM
I am new to the forum. I usually just like to read all of the other fans ideas of where the plot is going. However I have a theory that I have yet to see anyone consider. What if in AC3, Desmond has to relive the life of a distant ancestor that lived during the time "those who came before" were at war with the human race? An early hybrid of the two species. Maybe to find out exactly how "those that came before" failed to prevent the catastrophe? just a thought....

s4ffy
01-17-2012, 07:40 PM
It has been confirmed that there will be a new Ancestor with a new time period.
Theres 8 new choices for the place it will be set.
Hmm I think I can remember them
- Russian Revolution
- 16th century China
- Acient Egypt
- Victorian England
-The spanish invasion in America or something lol

Okay these all had like awesome descriptions in the magazine. Gotta find that article lol.

Anyway, I love Desmond. I get why people are hatin' on the idea of a game being just him but he is the main character. Its 'his story'. I mean, He tells us every time we start one of the AC games XD
Hes gotta eventually have his turn guys! And I'm looking forward to it :D Although I will miss the historical content. But its not like Ubi haven't given it to us, right? :D

naran6142
01-17-2012, 09:55 PM
if it was an all desmond game it would be solely about the modern day story, which is well into itself by now (being the last game and all). A completely modern day story might not appeal to new comer, who wouldn't get right off the bat. Desmond is a trained assassin now and we are probably going to have lots more gameplay of him in AC3 but i think AC sounds best as a game about the historical events and places

plus, what would the desmond gameplay even be like?

they are at the door to the temple, seems like it be one big secret location and maybe some Templar enemies (with batons)

i dont think there is enough in the modern story to make a game out of, IMO

mustash
01-17-2012, 10:57 PM
I've been having a good old think about what AC3 might bring about in the modern day timeline. I'm thinking that with the emphasis of Desmond following such prolific and important ancestors of the Assassin brotherhood, mentors notably, that by AC3s conclusion Desmond will rise to the position of modern day mentor. The only reason to go back into the animus for AC3 would be for vital information that Desmond needs, perhaps information from a bunch of different ancestors but that doesn't seem like Ubisofts style. I wouldn't put it past them though because, after all, to have one ancestor around for a singular game would make this character seem wanting more resolution. I feel that if Ezio had only one game rather than three, this wouldn't be a problem, minor as it is.

Personally, i'm looking forward to some much needed emphasis on Desmond and the modern day war with the Templars. So far, it's been a narrative device to force Desmond into various Animi so it's about time we see what this is all boiling up to. We know from the multiplayer story that the Templars are going to make a move on the Assassins, specifically, try and kill Desmonds dad. I honestly don't see William surviving, in part because it just seems like if Desmond is going to be this "ultimate assassin" then, to have his father still be mentor?

Gameplay overhauls I think are going to have to be there. 4 games of very similar mechanics, very similar combat, it's about time that was shaken up. Guns are a touchy subject but with modern day emphasis likely, they are fairly unavoidable. I imagine it might play out in a similar vain to that of Batman:Arkham City. Gun use will be limited, not as limited as the wrist mounted gun in AC2,B,R but you aren't exactly going to be playing Uncharted. I wonder what will replace the hay barrel in the modern day? :D

Then there's the TWCB plotline. Where will that go in relation to Desmond? It seems to me like there have been various hints in both the pre-rendered sequences in AC2 and AC:R that Desmond will go back into the past somehow or at the very least, experience the memories of Adam. They are pretty innocuous hints, Nolan North voicing Adam, the man running at Eve in a modern looking outfit (these details are again innocuous and debatable). What isn't debatable is that both Juno and 16 placed emphasis on finding Eve/she and the key was her DNA.

In order for AC3 to be fitting for everything that has happened in the series, we are going to need to know
1) Desmonds ultimate role
2) TWCB, how much did they know?
3) The result of 2012
4) The future of the series