PDA

View Full Version : Creature design

SvartSol
12-16-2010, 05:22 AM
I was just looking at the really cool screenshots of haven vs necropolis(dont know the name of it). And something hit me, I remember when looking at the heroes 5 covercase. And the truelly mighty knight was there all covered in his shining armor, silver golden. Really awesome. But have you ever gotten the feeling, that if you get too much of the good it kinda becomes less? (some times less is more).

Watching the screenshots of haven, and looking at the units, probably lower tier. They look too good... I mean being a bow man doesnt mean that u will wear a golden crown! So, and intresting thought (at least for me) was that, what if their weapon and armor was changing depending on the Heroes attack and defens and skill (that would maybe be bothersome). But atleast then I would understand why his bowmen wears a golden crown, because he is expert in defens, and has a high defens count.

All in all, dont make the lower teir units imba looking, that will bring down the feeling of aquiring a teir 5-7 unit. There should be an visable and not only a mathematical difference.

SandroTheMaster
12-16-2010, 08:30 AM
It's not unheard of.

In the Total War games (at least the truly 3D ones) all of the dozens of units have different armor and weapon models depending on the upgrade level of their equipment.

SvartSol
12-18-2010, 07:33 AM
I would support this as an improvment. Being able to distinguis the skills of the enemy hero from the looks of his units. I would feel proud to show it to my enemy aswell. Look at my might swordsmen, their armor is thicker then your beard (arggg*). =)

Expert light magic (if it will exist) will make your units maybe give away some light. Exper dark magic would make them look more undeadish maybe? Well this second part with the magic Im not so certain about. But the armor and weapons I would love 100%. Maybe doing a cap such as
Basic, Advance and expert. For both Defens and Offens as they have done before.
When achieving 5 in defens if this is your skill, your units will get some visual improvments of their armor.
10 for next lvl of visual improvments
15 (or 20) for the last visual improvment

Then the same thing for offensive if this is a skill your hero has aquired.

=) leave your intressting comments bbbbbeeeeellllooooowwww
=)