PDA

View Full Version : Confused:about PE-2

VVaFFenPanZZeR
06-26-2006, 09:28 AM
If I install this add-on what happens, when the next patch comes out, does it need it?? to be installed. everyones *****ing and complaining has got me so confused about what to do , I give up. What are the ramifacations if I install this PE-2 add-on, and boontybox doesnt bother me at all.

VVaFFenPanZZeR
06-26-2006, 09:28 AM
If I install this add-on what happens, when the next patch comes out, does it need it?? to be installed. everyones *****ing and complaining has got me so confused about what to do , I give up. What are the ramifacations if I install this PE-2 add-on, and boontybox doesnt bother me at all.

TgD Thunderbolt56
06-26-2006, 09:35 AM
Buy it, install it and be happy. Boontybox has not been a problem for me at all. I would recommend keeping your 4.04 exe though. To answer your other question, yes, you'll need the PE-2 in order to install the next add-on which is currently being called v4.06

TB

VVaFFenPanZZeR
06-26-2006, 09:41 AM
Ok, when u say keep my 4.04m exe do u mean just keep that shortcut to it, or should I make a totally new install for the pe-2??

TgD Thunderbolt56
06-26-2006, 09:43 AM
Just keep the shortcut. If you're not sure how to do it (no offense) just ask. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

VVaFFenPanZZeR
06-26-2006, 09:53 AM
Yeah I have no clue, I never have done anything like that with a game, No offense taken, can u explain, Iver done a search, and I haven't found and Instructions on how to do somthing like that.

Its downloading right now.

And why should I keep the 4.04m exe shortcut, is it a safeguard incase or just to play it???

TgD Thunderbolt56
06-26-2006, 10:19 AM
No not really a safeguard. The 4.04 exe is smaller. IIRC it's either 11k or 18k vs the 1+mb exe of the newer 4.05 version. I'm not at home right now, but this will be a cursory guide:

In 'My Computer' open the drive you have the sim installed into. Typically, it something like C:/program files/UBI soft/Forgotten Battles

Look for the airplane icon and right click to copy/paste it to a safe location. If you happen to install the newer version before you can copy it, don't fear. It'll still be there. Once you have 4.05 installed and run it once to make sure you're patched properly, you should be able to put the old 4.04 exe back in and remove the newer one (I saved mine just in case it went wonky, but it worked perfectly).

I'm at work so I'm going from memory. Perhaps one of the more tech-savvy users can verify.

Let us know how it works.

cya online VVaFFenPanZZer.

TB

JG53Frankyboy
06-26-2006, 10:20 AM
safe the FB.exe and FBIL2.exe files out of your game installation folder( version 4.04m).

after you have installed the Pe-2 adon (version 4.05) these two files have now sizes over 1mb ! in 4.04 they are only ~11 kb http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

these "new" exes are starting Boonty with every new game start !
replace the 4.05 .exes with the smaller 4.04 ones , e voila, no boonty is started again http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

just disable the boonty propgramm itself starting with every PC start.

btw, save also the 4.05 exex please. perhaps you will need them when 4.06 is out - who knowa ?!?!

btw, i hope your game installation is made over a full install from the GAME-CDs , not only a copy from another hardrive/CD/DVD - because than you need more stuff - Pe-2 will not install.
but we have not to go into details if point one is true http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

VVaFFenPanZZeR
06-26-2006, 11:36 AM
I got it squared away, but it was alittle different using that boonty box, I kinda like having control where i install the files, it seems that boonty box didnt give me a choice. I have my sims installed on a seperate harddrive then c;/ so it by defualt made a directory in my c drive, when the rest of it was in another drive. but I got it going.