PDA

View Full Version : Length of ACR...

KrYpToNiC95
11-14-2011, 03:47 AM
I have not played the game yet but I am hearing some people say that it only takes 8 hours to beat. This seems alarming because I dont really think there will be enough content to keep us occupied. Personally I would have rather had a 50-60h hour games and wait 2-3 years for the new one but it seems that the one year of development is showing.

KuldarYldrad
11-14-2011, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by KrYpToNiC95:
I have not played the game yet but I am hearing some people say that it only takes 8 hours to beat. This seems alarming because I dont really think there will be enough content to keep us occupied. Personally I would have rather had a 50-60h hour games and wait 2-3 years for the new one but it seems that the one year of development is showing. If you only make the story 8 hours is pretty close, as in Brotherhood.
It's longer if you do everything (guild's challenge, management of assassin, collecting stuff and other), as in Brotherhood.

tjbyrum1
11-14-2011, 06:15 AM
A game as large as Assassin's Creed will nearly always have a shorter storyline. The storyline is only about 45%-55% of the entire game. You can beat Brotherhood within a day, yet when you look at your completion you may have only beaten the game about 49%.

There are many other things to find, collect, accomplish, and manage in the Assassin's Creed games.

But most people rush through the storyline, and miss out on all the other small things. And because the storyline is short, the game for them will be short. After they beat the storyline, they have so many other small things to do, that it just doesn't feel fun and it feels redundant.

When playing Brotherhood, before I moved onto a new Sequence, I renovated all shops I could, burned down all Borgia Towers, got all recruits possible, bought everything possible, done every side mission possible etc etc. So I did both the side and main missions simultaneously. It took longer than it would normally take.

Thing is, yes - the game's storyline may take 8 hours to complete. The catch is, if you DO end up beating it in 8 hours, you failed to actually play the game for all its worth.

EDIT: If you just beat the storyline, you're only playing 50% of the game you bought. The other 50% will be entirely untouched until you do something about it.

Collinwood01
11-14-2011, 06:51 AM
Ive beaten Brotherhood 3 times all the way through. Ive never even thought of just playing it for the main storyline. Its the side missions that help you hone your skills. Same with MP for that matter. I never solely concentrated on scores. I mainly went for the challenges. The challenges help you really get the basics of the gameplay down. Not saying youll be perfect but youll have a much better idea of game mechanics if you get your challenges done. There is no sense in trying to score big if you dont know how to play. The over all scores just end up coming with time.

Jexx21
11-14-2011, 07:19 AM
8 hours is practically the equivalent of doing a speed run.. the dude who said that rushed through the main storyline.

And 8 hours is actually a good amount of time. I mean, I beat Batman: Arkham Asylum in 10 hours, and that was with all the dying and stuff, so if I was a perfect player it would of probably of been 8 hours. But the thing is, Arkham Asylum still had a lot of stuff to do and collect.

I mean, when you get 100% sync, you'll probably be anywhere from 20-40 hours.