PDA

View Full Version : Desperate To Win Matches = Too much runners, etc...Instead, Just Play For Fun

KHRYS_24
11-22-2010, 08:19 PM
Reason why a lot are complaining are because of the people they play online are "desperate to win". Now, when you play with people who are desperate to win, this results in "playing cheap" online wise, and doing whatever just to get a win. This only happens when you play with people whose mindset is to "win at all cost". Now, when you play with player who just play for fun, then this is where the game shines. (this goes for a lot of games). Seeing that they don't play to win (eventhough winning is a good feeling) but for me, i rather have a fun match where i lost, rather than having a boring fight where i win. With that said, I play for fun and others should start as well instead of being "desperate for the win"

Now, Mature gamers...(notice i said mature and not put out an age since there are people who act mature for their age regardless if they're under 18, or 21 and up)
Add my PSN (KHRYS_24)with a message saying AC Brotherhood Multiplayer. If you want to have a friendly match online that doesn't include: running around rooftops all day, running around all day in general, Actually playing stealthy. Of course you can run on rooftops and on ground, what i mean is that, you don't actually do it all day without strategy. And most importantly, add my PSN if you want to play where winning and being 1st place isn't the main reason. Instead, playing just for the sake of playing and having fun.

Patita90
11-22-2010, 11:41 PM
Too bad I'm on xBox, otherwise I would join you. I myself am looking for a group that wants to play for "higher points", rather than just reacting (if everybody is running, they run too) to what's going on. ;-)

UnsentSoul
11-23-2010, 03:23 AM
I understand completely. My friend and I play manhunt and need a couple more players not going for the obvious kills(unless need be). I play on xbox so if you wanna play send a msg to unsent soul <<<my gamertag.

Daassassinspwn
11-23-2010, 03:57 AM
We have a clan dedicated to that stuff....... in the sig, check it out http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

Cristari
11-23-2010, 03:57 AM
I started a poll on this very subject.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1024388/m/1501009398 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2361024388/m/1501009398)

I prefer to be all stealth and get the better kills that way or avoid if seen. That to me is fun but in the games I've had over the last few days there has been nothing but runners and roof monkeys, so much so that I end up not getting any kills in a game and always get killed by these roof monkeys so much so I'm starting to wonder if it's better to get at least 100 points per kill and suck it up or go for the 800 point kills and try to string together a stealthy kill streak.

Problem is the people that play like that don't read forums and are only interested in playing the game the way they like which is fast and furious!

MrLaneFox
11-23-2010, 05:35 AM
why do people get so bent out of shape about people who run? they just die faster and never win so whats the problem? especially in Alliance mode its insanely easy to take advantage of runners.

just make build that has the hidden gun on it and wax their *** if you cant seem to head them off.

Lance-Ismael
11-23-2010, 06:20 AM
I will add you as soon as I get home from work. All these rooftop runners annoy me. And all the people talking during loading time how much they F*** up this guy and that they won the 4th round in a row.

R_Panda
11-23-2010, 07:24 AM
You shouldn't be running all the time, but you shouldn't walk all the time either. Knowing when to do either is probably one of the most critical skills in this game, and will net you more points in the long run. I play to win, and that means I run when I should, and walk when I should, and even that changes on every map. On Siena, for instance, I'm probably walking about 95% of the time. I've had amazing games on Venice where I'm running all over, sniping people from the rooftop and scrambling back up to do it again. There is nothing cheap in this game, and running all the time won't net you wins. Every action is a gamble, and AC:B multiplayer is very much like poker. Play to win, play with the odds, and you'll come out ahead in the long run.

Wile E Coyoteee
11-23-2010, 08:09 AM
^^^ This.

If a guy is "running around, playing cheaply", and still gets 1st place? It means he was playing RIGHT. If he's getting a ton of points, it means not every kill was a sprinting 100pt kill. It means he mixed it up and made the right decisions in the right places and pulled out a victory because of it.

I for one am not gonna keep walking stealthily when I notice a guy coming up a crowd or 2 behind me. I'm gonna run or jog-walk-jog-stop-run-jog to see if he chases me out or not so I know if it's my pursuer or not. If he chases me, sweet, he's only gonna get 100pts or I'll get 100 for getting away or 200 if I can stun. If he doesn't chase me and I'm sure that he's my pursuer? Sweet, I just bought myself a bunch of extra time where I don't have to immediately worry about getting stabbed in the ribs! And that's not cheap either; it was my pursuer's choice to not carry mute, throwing knives, hidden gun, or crackers (a blind guy on a roof can jump but he wont get very far :P). He chose to put his abilities in other areas, and I put myself in an advantageous position where my abilities have more of a chance to prevail over his.

And if I see that a guy's following me and my target is far away, yes, I will absolutely climb a roof and see if he follows. If I have crackers, smoke bombs, or mute, I will bait him up there and take the stun points. Nothing cheap about it, it's strategy. It's not "fun" getting shanked. It is fun to punch my pursuer in the face and do an MC Hammer Dance over his knocked out body, and that also helps net me points. And, now that my pursuer has lost his contract, it means it's gonna be at least 6-10 seconds where I have NO pursuer, which means I can sprint where ever I need to to catch up to my target without having to worry about getting killed.

It's actually the runners that "play for fun". They don't care if they win or lose, they just snort Pixie Stix through cans of Red Bull and run around the map giggling maniacally like coked-up squirrels. They sprint to a target, press X/Square, chuckle frantically, get killed 3 steps later and go "Aw", then immediately put it out of their mind and sprint to the next target. They don't care if they take 7th or 8th and go 2 and 11, as long as they got to bust out laughing in a sugar-fit frenzy when they finally killed a target.

I used to complain alot about roof runners myself, because my stance on the issue was, "You shouldn't be FORCED to HAVE to have throwing knives or a gun. If a guy wants to make a build with something other than those, he should be able to and still be able to win the map if he's good". I used to think you couldn't, and now after playing a long time, I realized it's still possible. Infact, all day yesterday, I made roof runners cry hard. They were screaming into the mic, and I was using disguise and smoke bomb, nothing that could even stop them.

What you do is, if your target is close, judge which direction he's going by how the radar is rotating. Instead of waiting for it to fill and then climbing up, cut him off. go 2 buildings infront of him and then start climbing, so that by the time you reach the top, you should be right by him. Once you're up there, even if he notices you, it's fine. Just cut him off again. Jumping animations take a long time. If he's going right to left on your screen, don't jump right. Jump forward, so that you catch him in the middle of his monkey escapades.

Even if he sees you, it doesn't matter. Just make sure you try to keep your bar in Silent mode. One of 3 things will happen:

1: You'll catch him off-guard and get a nice kill.

2: You'll cut him off from the path he wanted to take to HIS target, and now he'll be forced to jump the other way, which is counter productive, and he'll eventually jump off the roof, where you can go back to stalking him. If he sees you and runs? No big deal, now YOU'RE the roofer and not only that, you have a lock on your target, so you can see where he's going, and cut him off via rooftops and try to get an arial kill.

3: He'll mess up during his jumps and fall onto the street. From here, you can sometimes just get an arial kill straight-out. If not, don't follow him onto the ground. Take one extra leap to make sure you get on the building across the street. Why? Because he's likely going to climb that building as soon as his roll on the street ends. He wont even notice that you jumped onto that roof, because most people don't look up with their camera when they hit the ground like that, and even the people that do like me, it's still hard to do it well.

So, as he's climbing, just press X, and now instead of an arial kill, you get an acrobatic kill, and you're likely to get extra 200pts for a Variety Bonus.

This all without guns or knives too. Factor in knives especially, and not only will you be a roof-monkey killer, you'll be a run-killer on the ground too. Personally, I now use poison and knives most of the time, because there's nothing more infuriating to a roof monkey than to be knocked off of a wall and falling 30ft, only to be poisoned before they even stand up, their whole screen flooding green while they stumble around for 5 seconds where they get to think about how they failed, and not only that, but how their pursuer got so close he was able to poison them.

Nothing gets under a roof-monkey's skin more, because he thought he was being clever and avoiding death by jumping roof to roof far away from his killer.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

SublimedSth
11-23-2010, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by R_Panda:
You shouldn't be running all the time, but you shouldn't walk all the time either. Knowing when to do either is probably one of the most critical skills in this game, and will net you more points in the long run. I play to win, and that means I run when I should, and walk when I should, and even that changes on every map. On Siena, for instance, I'm probably walking about 95% of the time. I've had amazing games on Venice where I'm running all over, sniping people from the rooftop and scrambling back up to do it again. There is nothing cheap in this game, and running all the time won't net you wins. Every action is a gamble, and AC:B multiplayer is very much like poker. Play to win, play with the odds, and you'll come out ahead in the long run. I agree with you need a bit of running and of course being stealthy and you need to know when to do both.Anyone want to add me on the 360 SublimedStealth msg me first so I know who you are thxs.

MuddledMuppet2
11-23-2010, 10:55 AM
Panda & Wile_e, excellent posts.

Wile_e I think you need to get writing a strategy guide fella http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

KHRYS_24
11-24-2010, 09:53 AM
Nice guide Wile_e. Thanks for that man.

postwick
11-24-2010, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by R_Panda:
You shouldn't be running all the time, but you shouldn't walk all the time either. Knowing when to do either is probably one of the most critical skills in this game, and will net you more points in the long run. I play to win, and that means I run when I should, and walk when I should, and even that changes on every map. On Siena, for instance, I'm probably walking about 95% of the time. I've had amazing games on Venice where I'm running all over, sniping people from the rooftop and scrambling back up to do it again. There is nothing cheap in this game, and running all the time won't net you wins. Every action is a gamble, and AC:B multiplayer is very much like poker. Play to win, play with the odds, and you'll come out ahead in the long run.

it's amazing how different games play out. I've had games where I spent the first three minutes hiding in a morphed crowd, and ended up in first or second place at the end...and games where I got a ton of kills.

of course, I also have those games where nothing seems to go right...and I can barely get a kill - it feels like every time I just walk right into my pursuer.

that's what keeps the game interesting, IMO. you never know what you're going to get, what's going to happen, when that timer starts counting down from 10:00.