PDA

View Full Version : First electric powered gatling gun was built in....

XyZspineZyX
06-25-2003, 10:55 AM
The first electric powered gatling gun was bulit in 1893 by Richard J .Gatling using the U.S .30 cal round . The barrels were driven by an electric motor ,attaining a rate of fire of 3000 rounds per minute.This feat was to be recalled over fifty years later , which inpired the development of the of the Vulcan gun

my reference was , The Complete Illustrated Encylopedia of the Worlds's Firearms, by Ian V hogg

Hope that of some interest

kiwiflyer

XyZspineZyX
06-25-2003, 10:55 AM
The first electric powered gatling gun was bulit in 1893 by Richard J .Gatling using the U.S .30 cal round . The barrels were driven by an electric motor ,attaining a rate of fire of 3000 rounds per minute.This feat was to be recalled over fifty years later , which inpired the development of the of the Vulcan gun

my reference was , The Complete Illustrated Encylopedia of the Worlds's Firearms, by Ian V hogg

Hope that of some interest

kiwiflyer

XyZspineZyX
06-25-2003, 11:00 AM
And to my knowledge, the first Gatling in an aircraft was mounted as a test in a F-94 Starfire.

Cheers,

XyZspineZyX
06-25-2003, 11:16 AM
A 12 barreled motor driven aircraft machine-gun was made by the Fokker Waffenfabrik in 1818.

http://www.wpafb.af.mil/museum/air_power/ap18a.jpg