PDA

View Full Version : Follow the leader?

dashman
03-01-2009, 10:17 AM
'morning all,

Just a couple of quick questions...

When flying campaigns offline I find on some missions while I am flying behind the leader and/or others that enemy planes appear on the map but my squad continues in a different direction, presumably staying with the mission, away from a developing fight between the enemy and some friendlies.

The radio chatter/text comes on and calls for help show up - there is obviously a fight nearby that I could help out with.

Question is:

Is it always best to stay with the mission and the leader (as the squadron chatter/text demands) even when there doesn't seem to always be much of a mission at hand, or, is it ever OK to break off and help out?

Second question:

To fly online what is required, device-wise, to communicate with your squad? Is there any one else that requires communication or are there any other considerations?

Thanks, all!

Dance
03-01-2009, 10:29 AM
I don't suppose it matters too much offline. Depending on what conditions define a 'successful mission' but still probably inadvisable to leave your leader, especially if you're his wingy.

Online, you never leave him unless the situation forces it.

general_kalle
03-01-2009, 01:18 PM
unfortunatly few people online does fly in pairs.
most people just fly on their own.
of course it depends on the server but most people fly's alone..even if they are in a coop where they spawn right behind the one theyre supposed to cover.

would be nice if people would wait before take off till somebody was ready to pair up with them.

Dance
03-01-2009, 01:39 PM
Sounds like your squad mates aren't doing their job http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif