PDA

View Full Version : Force feedback with 2 devices

Lerxster
06-16-2005, 03:29 AM
A few months ago it was possible when using a joystick and a steering wheel (the pedals for rudder use) to set FF1=1 in the config to allow forcefeedback on the second device. Somewhere down the line a patch disabled this feature...where'd it go?

Unfortunately there is no control over how windows XP assign the first controller so by default the steering wheel would get first slot and my FF joystick would lose out. Is there any chance that this feature will get back into the game because I now have to use the twist on the joystick which really isnt much fun and Im not prepared to fork out 120 on rudder pedals to find the same problem still exists.

I thank you.

Lerxster
06-16-2005, 03:29 AM
A few months ago it was possible when using a joystick and a steering wheel (the pedals for rudder use) to set FF1=1 in the config to allow forcefeedback on the second device. Somewhere down the line a patch disabled this feature...where'd it go?

Unfortunately there is no control over how windows XP assign the first controller so by default the steering wheel would get first slot and my FF joystick would lose out. Is there any chance that this feature will get back into the game because I now have to use the twist on the joystick which really isnt much fun and Im not prepared to fork out 120 on rudder pedals to find the same problem still exists.

I thank you.

Lerxster
06-20-2005, 09:49 AM
Shameless bump...any comments?

FoolTrottel
06-20-2005, 12:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">A few months ago it was possible </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment: Well, this is much too vague!

A few months ago I myself tried an FFB Joystick to be used as pedals. Didn't work, there was no FFB.

So, if you state it did work, then go re-install PF, patch by patch, and then report back what patch did excactly do what ....

Have Fun!

Oh, and Good Luck!

Lerxster
06-21-2005, 09:21 AM
You;re right...much too vague...

Quite a few months ago (December 2004) with the help of Tully joystick guide, I accidently came to find a fix for people with 2 joysticks enabling both controllers to utilise FFB. He even put it in his joystick tech page...

I then didnt fly for sometime and when I came back during the last patch (3.01) I reinstalled from scratch and did my nifty FF1=1 and alas no FFB! I checked Tullys webby and the fix had gone too! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Ah well...

Lerxster
06-21-2005, 09:22 AM
Don't really want to go back because uninstalling took forever!!!

Lerxster
08-05-2005, 06:25 AM
Said thread (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/49310655/m/3441030652/r/2911050652#2911050652)

I'm starting to doubt that it worked the first time around now http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Oleg dude please can you see if one of your team accidently turned this "feature" off! I find flying without FF very weird.

Willey
08-05-2005, 08:43 AM
I remember having 2 FFB2 sticks plugged in AEP times. I had one with a broken rudder axis and a new one, so I tried to use the old one for trim. IIRC even the second one had the same force effects as the primary one, but without touching the light barrier in it's grip it would not show he forces, which allowed me to set it to a certain position which it kept. But I could be wrong, maybe it just had the default spring force instead. That's some "FFB" at least, but no effects.

gkll
08-05-2005, 09:38 AM
If I understand it right you need to either:

- get the stick recognized as device 1 so you get the FFB effects and the pedals recognized as 2 so you can use them as rudders. As far as I know there is no way to set this in Windows XP. Windows 98 allowed this, XP doesn't. However most combinations set the stick as one, the microsoft wheel with microsoft stick is unfortunately not one of them.

- or, let the stick go in as controller 2 and enbable the FFB effects. On this I have no suggestions.

The only thing I can suggest is for the first option, where if you have access to another set of wheel/pedals they may work. And there is the option of constructing a set of pedals and connecting via a USB adapter, they will go in as controller 2. Also old gameport CH pedals can be connected via a USB adapter, they work fine.

Luck - I posted a long time ago (Sauron swings his fist.... LOL) about all this Microsoft BS regarding game controllers.... been a problem for a long time.