PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Vision: a convenience for the series

CRUDFACE
05-23-2011, 08:31 PM
Spoilers are here, just so you know!

I know someonebody has seen the signs as well. Eagle vision is one of the foundations that makes Assassin's Creed so cool, yet it's handled so poorly.

-In AC 1 we couldn't look at Al-mualim
-In AC2 giovanni couldn't tell that Uberto was going to betray him
-In ACB, Volpe (who is rumored to have it) couldn't tell that Machiavelli was good afterall and not a trator

Feels like it only happens when needed, and gone when the plot demands it in order to continue.

AdmiralPerry
05-23-2011, 09:40 PM
I think Eagle Vision is based on the perceptions of the person using it, which is to say, that it's not going to be accurate 100% of the time. There is one instance where you can view Al Mualim through Eagle Vision, and he shows up blue. Altair didn't see him as a threat, so he shows up as a friend. Likewise, La Volpe saw Machiavelli as a traitor, so his perceptions, as good as they were, were clouded by his judgment.

CRUDFACE
05-23-2011, 09:51 PM
Thanks for commenting!

but wouldn't that mean it's not the ability to see truth as the series says. An instinct to feel when people are good or bad. Then again, you could be right though, of course, then that'd mean that it's only wrong when needed then, right?

AdmiralPerry
05-23-2011, 09:58 PM
Well, I guess we could always argue that if it serves the plot, it can be wrong. LOL.

CRUDFACE
05-23-2011, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by AdmiralPerry:
Well, I guess we could always argue that if it serves the plot, it can be wrong. LOL.

Lol, I guess after you expand after so many games, you can't help but have some mishaps

Turkiye96
05-24-2011, 07:15 AM
The Assassin's Creed Franchise would never make such a plot error http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif :P they are too good for that!

We couldnt see Al-mualim as evil because at the time he was good (he was an ally) until his intentions were to kill you.
The last time Giovanni saw Uberto, he was good, but after that the templars blackmailed him into going against the Auditore family.
La Volpe doesn't have eagle vision

ok this is a spoiler but it can clear things up for you.

Eagle vision is 100% accurate BUT it isnt very strong. so you can only see some things ( the first civilization had eagle sense ( the proper real version) that made them be able to look back into their ancestors memories without an animus, and also show the intensions of people.) Ezio being a master wise old leader finally gets this sense ( thats how he gets to see Altairs memories)

iN3krO
05-24-2011, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by Turkiye96:
The Assassin's Creed Franchise would never make such a plot error http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif :P they are too good for that!

We couldnt see Al-mualim as evil because at the time he was good (he was an ally) until his intentions were to kill you.
The last time Giovanni saw Uberto, he was good, but after that the templars blackmailed him into going against the Auditore family.

Eagle vision is 100% accurate BUT it isnt very strong. so you can only see some things ( the first civilization had eagle sense ( the proper real version) that made them be able to look back into their ancestors memories without an animus, and also show the intensions of people.) Ezio being a master wise old leader finally gets this sense ( thats how he gets to see Altairs memories)

the first civilization had the 6th sense which is better than the eagle sense...

Turkiye96
05-24-2011, 11:55 AM
well that isnt officially stated but they had something better than eagle vision thats for sure

iN3krO
05-24-2011, 12:44 PM
well that isnt officially stated but they had something better than eagle vision thats for sure

OFC they had something better... maybe eagle vision is a mixture of 6th sense and normal vision... as it says it's more vision like but eagle sense may be more sense side (more near to TWCB) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

masterfenix2009
05-24-2011, 12:46 PM
From what I gather,Eagle vision is part of the sixth sense. Knowledge. Now Desmonds lineage has it. But, as we all know, knowledge is crowded by judgement. Since Altair Didn't know Al mualim was a traitor, he saw him as blue. Since Giovanni didnt know he was plotting with the templars in the beginning, he saw him as blue. La Volpe probably doesnt have eagle vision.
SO you see it isn't very strong and not very accurate. It is clouded by judgement.

donngold
05-24-2011, 01:22 PM
I thought eagle vision was the animus's interpretation of altair and ezois heightened senses

Rakudaton
05-24-2011, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by donngold:
I thought eagle vision was the animus's interpretation of altair and ezois heightened senses

Originally, yes: in AC, the manual said that "in these moments of perfect synch, we believe the animus is capable of reading Altair's gift for intuition", before detailng the colour coding -- so it seems that yes, originally EV was an animus interpretation of heightened senses. In ACII and ACB, however, it clearly becomes more than that, with characters IN EZIO'S TIME referring to it. Plus Desmond develops it at the end of AC -- I'm pretty sure seeing washed-off blood on the walls isn't "intuition". So it seems that in AC the concept was confused, so they cleared it up in ACII.

As for Altair not realising Al Mualim was an enemy: EV is a sense, and can be fooled just like an any sense. Seeing as Al Mualim was a master of deceit, and basically Altair's god since become an assassin in early childhood, can you blame the guy for his EV not picking up on him being a traitor?

Elbrujo1978
05-24-2011, 02:13 PM
In AC 1 we can look at Al-mualim.

iN3krO
05-24-2011, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Rakudaton:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by donngold:

Originally, yes: in AC, the manual said that "in these moments of perfect synch, we believe the animus is capable of reading Altair's gift for intuition", before detailng the colour coding -- so it seems that yes, originally EV was an animus interpretation of heightened senses. In ACII and ACB, however, it clearly becomes more than that, with characters IN EZIO'S TIME referring to it. Plus Desmond develops it at the end of AC -- I'm pretty sure seeing washed-off blood on the walls isn't "intuition". So it seems that in AC the concept was confused, so they cleared it up in ACII.

As for Altair not realising Al Mualim was an enemy: EV is a sense, and can be fooled just like an any sense. Seeing as Al Mualim was a master of deceit, and basically Altair's god since become an assassin in early childhood, can you blame the guy for his EV not picking up on him being a traitor? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The eagle vision is the interpetation of how does desmond ancestors saw the world... Altair hadn't seen al-muhalim in blue he just "THINKED" al-muhalim was a friend so animus can read altair thoughts in those perfect sync moments traducing friends in blue, enemies in red, objectives in yellow and informations in white... However due to animus "1" we only could see it with first persion and we couldn't move while...

With the introdution of Animus 2.0 in the series now we can see the eagle vision while walking and in 3rd person, however, we lose the HUD...

Ezio's Eagle Vision improved and now ezio (and his knowledge about his enemies behavior) can imagine how will be their route and their intentions, however this, like Eagle Vision, isn't always correct cuz it's still not the TRUE FORM OF 6TH SENSE.

This infoormation are 100% from my understanding from Ac1 manual and the changes in Ac2/b and the info from AcR

CRUDFACE
05-24-2011, 03:26 PM

Love that smiley face right there, all classy, lol. But Al-Mualim betrayed you and everyone you knew from the start, so you should've been able to see that. I never thought of that thing with Uberto though, that he was manipulated afterwards instead of before you meet him.

Now, that I'm reading more and more of the response, it looks more like Eagle Vision is more like a supernatural flash light than sensing if someone is tellingt he truth. so the stronger you get at using it, the more you can see another's intentions? I thought that's what it did in the first place.

So EV basically sharpens the mind in a way? like letting you focuss real hard over just knowing like Those who came before?

Oh, and I'm just wondering, was Altair close to having Eagle sense? I mean, he could hear from far away and stuff, plus the whole walking while using eagle vision was more of a gameplay thing than any, right?

I don't know if this is known yet, but on Gamerants, it said that Ezio was using Eagle Sense to look into the disks that had to do with Altair. IDK, I guess you needed to be able to have enhanced stuff like that to see it. Just wanted to mention that http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif