PDA

View Full Version : Question on Analysis Mode

Orbit2020
12-02-2007, 07:51 PM
I can't seem to tell what this mode does or how to use it. I know what post game analysis is, but what about the mode function?

Page 22 of the manual mentions this feature, but does not explain how to use it. Evidently it is available in both training and ranked play games - how does this differ from doing the post game analysis?

thanks!

willy_297
12-03-2007, 12:23 AM
its just a "try before move" mode
not a tutor.

SSBN617
12-03-2007, 03:54 PM
It's available in more than it looks on the surface. After a game with the computer select mentor then analysis and answer the couple of prompts and the game will analyze the game. When it's complete you can step through the game move by move and the program will comment on each move through audio and text. Some comments are very short (Just the move) Some are pretty thorough, sometimes with better moves and sequences. You can also import any PGN game or paste a PGN from another program from other sites. If you need more help pasting or importing ask when ready to do so.

You can also select Analysis at any point when not in a rated game and have the program suggest a series of moves, but I think that makes the whole idea of playing in the first place pretty dumb. Some on-line cheats will use it on the side to get an advantage over a human player.
By the way to get the voice commentary in the playback. Go to the menu's on top and select preferences, then sound, then the voice tab, then check on "Automatically play auto annotation" if it's not already
Good Luck and enjoy

willy_297
12-04-2007, 04:17 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Orbit2020:
I know what post game analysis is, but what about the mode function?

QUOTE]

I think he's speak about the item analysis mode in online mode

Orbit2020
12-06-2007, 10:34 PM
thanks for your responses - I was actually referring to the mode which is supposedly available in ranked or training games.

As I now understand it, the mode allows you to play both sides in alternating order while you work out possibilities, you can then return the board to where you left off and continue - all the while the clock keeps ticking however

GMKnight
12-06-2007, 10:54 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif http://media.ubi.com/us/forum_images/gf-glomp.gifYes in online mode it is needed to reset board for rechallenge games in online play when it is your turn to move or you think that the game is not working while the clock runs on. also select flip board.sad to say the script for rechallenge games on online play does not read or set this automaticcally