PDA

View Full Version : Evolving?

DRAFT416
10-03-2007, 06:50 AM
Just wondering if this game evolves in the future like they say. will you be in modern day with guns? I am sure no one has the answer but that would incredibly suck. Just wanted your thoughts for reassurance that Ubi wont take away what makes this game great to me.

yehonatan.roth
10-03-2007, 06:54 AM
i hope not...

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

Magnus_LTD
10-03-2007, 06:55 AM
Evolving? It sounds like you're talking about pokemons or something http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

TheNamelessFire
10-03-2007, 06:55 AM
hop no if yes http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

maledicere
10-03-2007, 07:01 AM
Lol that would be very silly , you should know that . The game does not evolve it'll stay in the cruciade period.

Wanted_David
10-03-2007, 07:02 AM
just as long as you have free roaming and freedom of movement (Parkour, of course http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif), I'll be glad to play the next games, even if there will be guns and nuclear weaponry... just don't pull the plug on parkour

SuperbPerry
10-03-2007, 08:00 AM
If it moves to a later time period in the sequals, with guns and "harder" weaponry. Assasinations will sooner become harder as guards not only have rocks and nice sticks to thow, but then also guns to throw at you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Just don't make it into a 3rd person shooter and I'm happy. (and yes keep the parkour)

Wanted_David
10-03-2007, 08:38 AM
like i said. keep movement acrobatics and i'll play till my eyes bleed...

quicksilver_502
10-03-2007, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by maledicere:
Lol that would be very silly , you should know that . The game does not evolve it'll stay in the cruciade period.

actually we know one of the games is in the future.

TheDazzler
10-03-2007, 02:03 PM
Ok, so let's piece some things together here from what has already been hinted on and what we can logically expect. Evolving isn't the appropriate word. Notice however, that most things within this post are -hint based- speculations.

The game takes place in the time of the crusade. There is no time-travelling involved (not exactly) and you play master assasin Altair. HOWEVER... The game uses a plot that is hooked on a topic of modern day scientific discussion: are we born with the memories of our ancestors? Are memories stored in our genetic cel stucture? Following that, while playing the game, we in fact see the GENETIC MEMORY instilled within a descendant of Altair. This might be accomplished using a complex neuronic computer that provides acces to this genetic memory. THAT explains the blurry screens, the sci-fi readings of targets and perhaps the futuristic health-bar: they are computer effects. So, even trough you play in the time of the crusade, you are in fact an heir of Altair's memories.

WHY would anyone in the present or near future be interested in Altair, or the assasin's past? Now THAT is the main story of the game. While killing his targets, Altair finds implications to a plot that is relevant to the CURRENT DAY. Think about a "Da Vinci Code" kind of plot, an occurence in the past that has major implications for the future.

Now, about WHAT this plot actually entails...well, you'll have to play the game to truly find out. HOWEVER... there have been some hints, and along with some gaming logics, we can piece the following together:

Altair begins play as a master assasin, assigned to eliminate a major Templar leader. Howerer, (and this has been hinted at by Jade Raymond in an interview) he -or you the player- messes up, and you are stripped of your rank. I would like to speculate on something here. There are two options, and the second one would be my best guess.
1) Altair messes up, and that's that
2) (SPECULATION) Altair messes up, because he was SET UP! (HOWEVER, you will only find that out later) Why? Because Altair, having been stripped of his rank and valiantly fighting to regain his lost rank, can be EFFICIENTLY USED to propel the plot!!! Plot twist are alway important in these kinds of games, and it wouldn't surprize me if your boss, the master of the assasin's, is actually using you all along. A puppet of sceme's that go above you're head. Think about the great game twist: the one guy who is your mentor all along proves to be the master mind and the ultimate bad guy!

No matter whether you beleive in 1 or 2, the end result is the same: Altair unravels a plot that has implications to the modern day. While killing his targets (targets that are GIVEN by his SUPERIOR(s) hint hint), Altair finds out they are connected through a mysterious plot. The follow up games can either pick up in the present/near future, for instance with the person who's genetic memory is accesed. But it could also explore another age and memory.

Anyways... I hope this kinda explains the SCI-FI mumbo jumbo you've heard about. Just a way to make this already juicy game even juicier: a plot twist and a reason to be looking forward to follow ups. Nice from Ubisoft's perspective, but even nicer for us.

Arkadian1987
10-03-2007, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by DRAFT416:
Just wondering if this game evolves in the future like they say. will you be in modern day with guns? I am sure no one has the answer but that would incredibly suck. Just wanted your thoughts for reassurance that Ubi wont take away what makes this game great to me.

If this game ever "evolves" lol, It would be GTA end of story lol. Ya dont have to imagine much on that. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

TheDazzler
10-03-2007, 02:33 PM
GTA in a dessert environment... sounds like fun though.

Anyway, other than the plot, a few cut scenes, the special blurry and digital effects,the health bar, the game-over screen, and possibly the menu and the option screens, there won't be much sci-fi on this game.

The gameplay part is all authentic history digitally rebuild.