PDA

View Full Version : Is revelations worth paying 60 dollars for?

MrAnarchist
11-18-2011, 07:13 AM
What's good about the game? What's not so good?

I really enjoyed AC1 through AC Brotherhood (in fact i bought my xbox 360 specifically to play AC1), But I heard they took horses out of the game and changed the eagle vision to the left stick, is that true? What else has changed?

LightRey
11-18-2011, 07:23 AM
Let's see.
-Recruits can now level up to level 15, becoming master assassins.
-There's a Den Defense minigame for when the Templars attack your assassin dens.
-Notoriety has changed, becoming harder to completely fill up and being able to trigger attacks on dens.
-The courtesans have been replaced by the Romani (gameplay-wise the same thing though).
-There's the hookblade which offers numerous new freerunning and combat related features.
-There are fairly unique unlockable Desmond sequences.

This probably isn't even half.

Blind2Society
11-18-2011, 07:24 AM
100%

xmxcyclopsx
11-18-2011, 10:00 AM
yes it is. the game has so much to offer. from campaign, side quest, locations, multiplayer and much more

SolidSage
11-18-2011, 10:39 AM
Yes, if only so Ubi will produce another game in this amazing series.
I was truly afraid that this time 'burn out' would occur. Brotherhood was great but there were a lot of things that diluted the experience (horses in the city, city layout, story, recruits, etc).

Revelations has refined game play further, removed the pointless and embellished and improved others. The recruits specifically I HATED in ACB, but somehow ACR has made me enjoy their gameplay.
The story is BETTER, significantly. Better written, better presented....best in the series IMO. Combat is better than as ACB with an improvement to the difficulty that was missing, there are more tough AI.
I thought 'bomb crafting' was going to be a fail...it's not, and even though they do make some combat approaches easier, the additional diversity added by allowing yet another approach to combat is fantastic.
Exotic gameplay sequences are 100% better, the cut scenes flow better and the overall approach and build out of the set pieces are great.

I truly feel that ACR really refined everything to date. They used the experiences earned in the previous games and really applied it this time. I can't express how happy I am at this successful endeavor. I was VERY worried, and Uncharted 3 just dissapointed the heck out of me so I was REALLY worried.

@Ubi, you did not fail me, and I really am enjoying the stories of Desmond (who I wasn't much of a fan of before), Altair (brilliant progression through the Maysayaf keys) and Ezio (who you have evolved into a character that really has some depth now).
I haven't completed the game yet, I'm taking it very slow to try and get the best experience but I have a constant undercurrent of sadness as I complete each sequence. Knowing that Altair and Ezio's time is coming to an end is all too similar to life itself.

Mature and enlightening story telling coupled with the BEST game play out there. Well done, I admire the hard work your teams continue to put in to this brilliant franchise.

Regards
xbl: fog Sandman.
Psn: SolidSage

Sarekofvulcan
11-18-2011, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by MrAnarchist:
What's good about the game? What's not so good?

I really enjoyed AC1 through AC Brotherhood (in fact i bought my xbox 360 specifically to play AC1), But I heard they took horses out of the game and changed the eagle vision to the left stick, is that true? What else has changed?

I have played though now and i would say wait a while see what DLC there a coming if your only interested in the single game. And if you want to buy it do they normal version not those exclusive ones (or you must like to have a book with it).
If you liked brotherhood and you liked the multi there, then you can buy it because it more of the same.

So it depends it u are a single or multi player. (if i knew what i know now i would have waited til it 29,99 or something like that)

The_Sphinx
11-18-2011, 01:43 PM
I would only recommend it to people who are a fan of the series.

In the end it's "just" Assassin's Creed. They added a lot of new features, some are of the greatest in the entire series [hookblade works well, assassin brotherhood minigame greatly expanded] while others are easily the worst in the entire series [den defense is probably one of the worst things I've ever had to endure. The new notoriety system is beyond awful].

It still has some of the well-known jank of the previous entries, like stupid A.I., collision detection errors, etc].

That being said, the city looks mindblowing and it's massive. Very colorful too. Exploring has never been more fun than in this game.
Graphics as a whole are definately a step up from the previous games, especially facial animations are much better.