PDA

View Full Version : How do I tackle Volpar at Mercado Vecchio

artwerks2010
04-22-2010, 06:59 PM
I can't seem to tackle the guy. I hold down W and the left shift and sometimes to close in on him I will use the space bar also. When I get close enough to where I'm breathing down his neck, I let go of the space bar ans push the right shift. Normally all I do is shove Volpar out of my way and then start chasing him again. I use to think it was because I used to run everywhere be using the three buttons, W+Lshift and space bar, but I found out to run I only needed to use W+L shift.
I'm tired of chasing this guy all around town, what do I need to do?

JohnConnor2012
04-23-2010, 02:50 PM
Confused - and I suspect not the only one....

Do you mean the merchant of Venice guy himself, at the end of the sequence in the palace? Why hold off on killing him, ending the mission?

elaine8405
04-23-2010, 03:10 PM
Are you talking about the thief who takes your money just as you're getting ready to talk to La Volpe in Florence?

Regardless, perhaps you should abort the mission and go off someplace to practice tackling, then come back to this mission.

JohnConnor2012
04-23-2010, 08:08 PM
Got it, Elaine. Yep, just press the [empty hand] key immediately behind him. I think the game's fixed so tackles don't count until he's been chased half way across town. I also suspect you've been experiencing character freezes as a result of trying to jump the thief too successfully (=early).

TheLeoCrow
04-24-2010, 09:15 AM
He's talking about the fox. Don't release space, while running, press shift.