PDA

View Full Version : Clarification issue.

XyZspineZyX
07-03-2003, 03:17 PM
I just want to get the general view of people regarding the issue of vulching and strafing. I was playing on a server that states vulching was not permitted (except with ground attack planes and bombers) and that vulchers will be kicked without warning. Fair enough I forgot about this once and attacked a plane as it was landing and was warned about it after the player complained and I later apolagised for the incident however on 3 other occasions I engaged the player and either sufficently damaged or gained the advantage over him. On the 3 occasions he attempted to land (once at our airfield). All 3 occasions I shot down him because I personally believe he was trying to worm his way out of a fight he on all 3 occasions had little hope of winning. Its fair enough if that he stands and fight he is preety much doomed but I belive its unfair on the pilot who has the advantage to be deined a kill because a player used server rules as protection rather than face his demise with honor or try and fight his way out of the situation as I would have done if the roles have been reversed regardless of the situation. Twice the pilot was close to airfields when I engaged him and he faught at first but as soon as he was damaged or I gained the upper hand he bloted for the airfields. Needless to say the above pilot protested I was duly booted from the server without a chance to explain and was duly branded a loser and a kid. Considering the above pilot had waited over my airfield to kill me just after I took off on several occasions (my speed and height on average was just 300KPH and 250M when he bounced me) I found when I protested I was ignored. (No suprise the host and above pilot are good buddies)

Maybe I making to much of this but appears to me as double standards. Anyway wdo you lot out there have a view on the matter?

XyZspineZyX
07-03-2003, 03:17 PM
I just want to get the general view of people regarding the issue of vulching and strafing. I was playing on a server that states vulching was not permitted (except with ground attack planes and bombers) and that vulchers will be kicked without warning. Fair enough I forgot about this once and attacked a plane as it was landing and was warned about it after the player complained and I later apolagised for the incident however on 3 other occasions I engaged the player and either sufficently damaged or gained the advantage over him. On the 3 occasions he attempted to land (once at our airfield). All 3 occasions I shot down him because I personally believe he was trying to worm his way out of a fight he on all 3 occasions had little hope of winning. Its fair enough if that he stands and fight he is preety much doomed but I belive its unfair on the pilot who has the advantage to be deined a kill because a player used server rules as protection rather than face his demise with honor or try and fight his way out of the situation as I would have done if the roles have been reversed regardless of the situation. Twice the pilot was close to airfields when I engaged him and he faught at first but as soon as he was damaged or I gained the upper hand he bloted for the airfields. Needless to say the above pilot protested I was duly booted from the server without a chance to explain and was duly branded a loser and a kid. Considering the above pilot had waited over my airfield to kill me just after I took off on several occasions (my speed and height on average was just 300KPH and 250M when he bounced me) I found when I protested I was ignored. (No suprise the host and above pilot are good buddies)

Maybe I making to much of this but appears to me as double standards. Anyway wdo you lot out there have a view on the matter?

XyZspineZyX
07-03-2003, 03:23 PM
I say that you are making to much of it but having been there myself I completly understand your feelings.
The answere to this "problem" is as simple as it is booring! Leave the server and pick one with people you are happy with. I will happen again thou!

Viking

XyZspineZyX
07-03-2003, 03:27 PM
Your probaly right mate

XyZspineZyX
07-03-2003, 04:03 PM
well all i can say is in war their ARE no RULES

XyZspineZyX
07-03-2003, 04:05 PM
kad_93 wrote:
- well all i can say is in war their ARE no RULES
-

Actually there are heaps upon heaps of rules. Some written, some unwritten.

cheers/slush

http://dk.groups.yahoo.com/group/aktivitetsdage/files/Eurotrolls.gif

You can't handle the truth!
Col. Jessep

XyZspineZyX
07-03-2003, 04:49 PM
dude, get a grip. this is and remains a game.

try to have fun. that's what a game is made for afterall.

if you find some behaviour frustrating, join another server, there are plenty around.

XyZspineZyX
07-03-2003, 06:04 PM
Same old solution: choose the servers with plenty of AAA near airfields. Vulching became a nightmare when there are ten or twenty 20mm shooting at you.

<center>http://www.bloggerheads.com/mash_quiz/images/mash_hawkeye.jpg (http://www.bloggerheads.com/mash_quiz/)</center>

XyZspineZyX
07-03-2003, 06:46 PM
It reminds me of tag. Remember the kids who always wanted "bases" so that, if they touched it, you could't tag them? Then they would stay attached to the base, telling everyone else where to run, and only come off the base when the person who was "it" had NO chance of getting them. They were never "it" unless they slipped and fell, and then they cried "No fair".

Same situation. In-game physics aren't enough. They have to add more rules to the equation because they've learned that more rules = more controllable situation for those who don't really want to play, but instead just want to win.

Its the most pathetic aspect of this game. I'm hoping for better AI one day so I wont have to play with these poor-sports with superior "honor".. lol

<font face="Courier New">
&nbspBaldieJr
_____ | _____
_\__(o)__/_
./ \.
Whiners don't play vulchers
(er, winners)
</font>

XyZspineZyX
07-03-2003, 07:32 PM
Yes fair point about this only being a game I have often said those words myself. I do respect server rules just this one I disagree with. One small grip I have is people who say this is just a game and to grow up and have fun then turn around and crap all over the flight model of the game. But I like realism so I guess I will follow your advice and just find servers that Isuit me more. I dislike the idea of being handicapped too much