PDA

View Full Version : Gi Joe is fighting man, yes?



Y0RGO
11-12-2007, 10:49 AM
JOE (http://tesla.liketelevision.com/liketelevision/tuner.php?channel=552&format=tv&theme=guide)

Low_Flyer_MkIX
11-12-2007, 11:02 AM
One for us Limeys...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RN9yxrSt_6o

Tab_Flettner
11-12-2007, 11:03 AM
YORGO you so crazay!

BSS_Goat
11-12-2007, 11:35 AM
Ahhh, the good ole' days....when killin' nazis was PC.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

Y0RGO
11-12-2007, 11:56 AM
This Act Man is better jeep!!

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

How is Gi Joe in outer space;

And Have REAL record! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suIBqL1H4jI&NR=1)

polak5
11-12-2007, 12:10 PM
That raft GI JOE has is certainly not up to scale. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

K_Freddie
11-12-2007, 01:27 PM
Ahhh!! Nothing like indoctrinating our future soldiers from a young age. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I was really jealous when a friend of mine got 2 GI-Joes for Xmas. For the next Xmas I got a full metal Stuka (it was heavy) with all the bells and whistles.
And we'll make battlefields and I'd 'bomb' what was left of his GI's - I was only 9 years old.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

MEGILE
11-12-2007, 01:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mceixfgUAvc

Monty_Thrud
11-12-2007, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Low_Flyer_MkIX:
One for us Limeys...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RN9yxrSt_6o

HeHe, i'm not kidding, i have all that exactly, tank, M/C and sidecar, jeep, etc, from my childhood, even six million dollar man.

Low_Flyer_MkIX
11-12-2007, 06:30 PM
Might be worth a bit, Monty.

German action man - remember him?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_Ec3VXvevs

Pirschjaeger
11-12-2007, 07:20 PM
I had only one action figure when I was a kid, sent by my grandparents from Germany. I can't remember his name but I remember he came with a an ax and a plastic treestump. If you pried his arm over his head, until you heard a click, you could press a button on his back and his spring loaded ax wielding arm would split the treestump in half.

As a young Canadian living in a huge house with 3 woodstoves for heat, somehow plastic treestump splitting was lacking in excitement.

However, since my father owned a trucking company and we did all our own repairs, I had lots of stuff behind the shop that brought out the hidden talents of the stump-splitting mini-manikin.

By using a modified breadbag I turned him into a paratrooper. I bolted a leafspring from a bus to an unused Kenworth frame. I propped the noob paratrooper on the launch spring and connected the another truck with a chain. According to my calculations I could ease the pressure to a point where the chain would slip off the end of the spring and thus launch my action figure into the wild blue yonder.

The idea was good but maybe a little ueber. As soon as I heard the snap of the spring, I quickly applied the maxis and jumped out to watch my friend gently glide toward the Earth in his breadbag parachute.

It didn't go quite as planned. As I scanned the sky I realized he was nowhere to be seen. Further investigation revealed that he had left the launchpad minus two arms and a chute.

With only two arms and a modified chute to play with, it was back to splitting wood for the next winter.

Coincidentally, it was around the same time that I launched my friend from eastern Canada in a south westerly direction that the US started talking about their missile defense system. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

They may have viewed my friend's misfortune as some sort of psychological warfare.

Stay out of the woods; There be Canadians. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

Fritz

Von_Rat
11-12-2007, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Y0RGO:
JOE (http://tesla.liketelevision.com/liketelevision/tuner.php?channel=552&format=tv&theme=guide)

my brother and i actually had almost all the stuff shown in that commercial.

heck i even remember watching that commercial as a young boy.

R_Target
11-12-2007, 08:35 PM
Kung-Fu Grip!

http://www.users.vance.net/grayarea/1420seaavinbox.jpg

han freak solo
11-12-2007, 10:19 PM
Kung Fu this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V42Tbm8w2Ak) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

M_Gunz
11-12-2007, 10:42 PM
What I felt since the early 60's... it's playing with dolls however you dress it up!
It took two GI Joes before I got through to my Mom that I didn't much like them.

Enforcer572005
11-12-2007, 10:52 PM
He was doomed when they made him into a civie adventurer....gimme a break. I had six of them from the first yr they came out. One was a neat German with an MP-40, a Luger, and some potato mashers. Man it was great. The last thing I bought for them was a Green beret outfit complete with an M-16 and a 3.5 in bazooka. I had the jeep and trailer (the only things I have left from them), a neat helicopter based on an experimental job with jets on the rotor tips, and a ferret armored car (or was it saladin....the one with the open top).

I sold them all back in 93 to some collectors for a few hundred bucks. They didnt want the jeep....said they were all over hte place. I wish now I hadnt sold them, but i was in financially dire straights (due to a chick living with me that seemed to absorb money), so i sold them. Damn. I loved those guys.

No civilian clothes would touch my Joes.....you shoulda seen the Marine dress blues I had, and the period USAF officers uniform. Man that was some neat stuff.

the German helmet even had a swastika on it. No PC **** back then.

Enforcer572005
11-12-2007, 10:54 PM
Man I can't believe C R A P is censored on here.....I'm so sick of PC ......poop.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Sturmtrooper
11-13-2007, 07:52 AM
Borat is sing glorious anthem, yes?

ochi
11-13-2007, 09:21 AM
I had the jeep with the 75mm recoiless rifle. Nothing could withstand the spring loaded impact, especially the neighbors daughters barbies...kill em all..hehe.

Divine-Wind
11-13-2007, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Enforcer572005:
He was doomed when they made him into a civie adventurer....gimme a break. I had six of them from the first yr they came out. One was a neat German with an MP-40, a Luger, and some potato mashers. Man it was great. The last thing I bought for them was a Green beret outfit complete with an M-16 and a 3.5 in bazooka. I had the jeep and trailer (the only things I have left from them), a neat helicopter based on an experimental job with jets on the rotor tips, and a ferret armored car (or was it saladin....the one with the open top).

I sold them all back in 93 to some collectors for a few hundred bucks. They didnt want the jeep....said they were all over hte place. I wish now I hadnt sold them, but i was in financially dire straights (due to a chick living with me that seemed to absorb money), so i sold them. Damn. I loved those guys.

No civilian clothes would touch my Joes.....you shoulda seen the Marine dress blues I had, and the period USAF officers uniform. Man that was some neat stuff.

the German helmet even had a swastika on it. No PC **** back then.
Exactly. Now GI Joe is all ninjas and cyborgs... I remember all the cool things they had for Joe - WWI Doughboy, the ubiquitous D-Day landings (one for each beach, sure no), paratroopers, Korea, Vietnam...

I remember everytime I got one I'd look at the back of the box to see all the other ones they had.

Oh well, at least 21st Century is still in the historical department. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif