PDA

View Full Version : "Willkommen bei GWX Uboote Knigsberg"

Schnellmann
10-09-2008, 06:37 AM
Having played Stock Silent Hunter III for so long i must say that the discovery of the Grey Wolfes 2.1 felt to be born again.

But as i am new to it - and having the Stock Silent III german in my backhead - i left Kiel with my IIA uboote in -39 and just leaving port a message in german arrived. And it was a huge message. Change to english textsprache didn´t help because i already saved it and when i start again with english, a message like that didn´t occur even though i worked my way up the Kiel channel.

As i wan´t the generel feeling of a german commander i just can´t play with english subtitles so i started a new mission (again) and again with german language, to get the same message again early on.

So to my question, this funktelegram to my little knowledge begins with a message from GWX Knigsberg. It says that i should travel west to "Bucht ein" and there meet with "Zielgruppe 3" (or 2) for a simulated attack against a small convoy up to two or three ships. After that i can´t understand the radio message.

Where is Bucht ein and what does this message says?

Early day problem i suppose http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

VikingGrandad
10-09-2008, 06:58 AM
Welcome to the Silent Hunter forums Schnellmann. Good to have another enthusiastic kaleun aboard! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

From memory, the message is about your pre-war warm-up/training mission.

I think "Bucht ein" means "bay one" - I'm guessing there's a bay on the coast near Kiel where you can sink some practice targets.

Schnellmann
10-09-2008, 07:17 AM
Thanks Viking. Leutnant Zur See Schnellmann reporting in.

Yes, there is a Bay called Deutsche Bucht if my mind serves me correct - around Helgoland and Cuxhaven - however, there aren´t any given grid positions, but just this relative large bay, connected to this training mission so i wonder two things:

1) will this clear up further ahead because i can´t guess or travel around finding this "Zielgruppe"?

2) Later on in the message it says that i should take "Escape" when this is over. Does that mean i should ignore my primary mission, patrolling grid AN18? Or should i do both?

Foehammer-1
10-09-2008, 07:33 AM
I'm positive I've read somewhere about that. Correction, it's in the enormous readme file that comes with the mod. It's PDF. Somewhere in the new features (I think) it tells you exactly what to do, complete with screenshots. You will have to return to base by certain date in order to start the war on time. It's all explained there. I'm at uni now, so can't check for you

Schnellmann
10-09-2008, 07:52 AM
Thanks foehammer.

If it´s the pdf-file with 648 pages i´ll say it was enormous to say the least. I like that however, shows how much work that has been put down.

I read it last week but can´t rembember if this particullary mission was there, but i suppose i didn´t take any notice, will check again.

As i like the idea of a "Pre-war mission", i would dislike to miss this opportunity (or disappoint Dnitz) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif