PDA

View Full Version : MSSF Feedbackpro work with WinXP??

XyZspineZyX
11-04-2003, 01:06 PM
Hi Guys,
Just installed WinXp Pro, Now i cannot get my old ms sidewinder force feedback pro joystick to work(gameport),i also use a USB MSFB Wheel so have game controller software 4 installed.Everytime i try to install version 3 windows will not let me,consequently i cannot program any game schemes,my question is anyone using WinXP and the old msff pro,if so how did you manage to install onto winxp.

TIA
skellum

XyZspineZyX
11-04-2003, 01:06 PM
Hi Guys,
Just installed WinXp Pro, Now i cannot get my old ms sidewinder force feedback pro joystick to work(gameport),i also use a USB MSFB Wheel so have game controller software 4 installed.Everytime i try to install version 3 windows will not let me,consequently i cannot program any game schemes,my question is anyone using WinXP and the old msff pro,if so how did you manage to install onto winxp.

TIA
skellum

XyZspineZyX
11-04-2003, 01:23 PM
Yep. Known issue. XP doesn't like the gameport version.

Also, don't use the software. Simply, plug un the USB controller and let windows identify it and "automatically" install the drivers.

http://home.earthlink.net/~aclzkim1/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/il2sig2.jpg

XyZspineZyX
11-04-2003, 02:29 PM
What Thunderbolt said skellum, I tried the software and mucho problems with XP home, just plug into the usb and so far, problem free for me. Enjoy the game!

XyZspineZyX
11-06-2003, 02:00 PM
Thanks guy's i uninstalled my msff wheel software and tried to install SideWinder Game Controller software v3.02 so that i can program the joystick,unfortunatly the setup errors before completion,the j'stk works fine but how can i program it.
thanks for any help