PDA

View Full Version : Ammo count, more options.

XyZspineZyX
10-09-2003, 01:46 AM
Now I would like to have more options for the ammo count.

Ammo could be separated in three categories:

-Ordinance
Bombs, rockets and other exploding/burning stuff.

-Guns
Cannons and machine guns

-Turrets
Any guns that the pilot doesn't fire

the options I want is to turn on/off limited ammo for each of these categories.

ESPECIALLY for the turrets!
===========================
When playing with a friend that isn't so skilled (or have no joystick) he might choose to sit in the turrets.

Now a skilled pilot can keep his ammo and make it count without any probs.

But a newbie have very difficult for this. Thus the newbie friend in the turret would very quickly waste up all his ammo not hitting the enemy./i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

It would also be very boring for him when all the ammo is gone./i/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

Turret is always boring when there is no ammo./i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Therefore, it should be possible to turn on unlimited ammo for the turrets, this would apply to every aircraft just as the ammo count does now.

Maybe one could make the settings like:
unlimited/
1 times the ordinary amount/
2 times the ordinary amount/
3 times the ordinary amount/

to turn off unrestrained spraying./i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

More options is always good. Then more people can create a more fun gaming experience which in the end makes more money for Ubi and the developers./i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Keep up the good work with the game! This is the best amount of money I've ever spended.

(Especially if one takes in account the fun value. Time spent divided with money invested)/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

--
"Too late ... No time."
Concorde pilot Christian Marty, moments before the supersonic jet crashed into a hotel in Gonesse on the outskirts of Paris.

XyZspineZyX
10-09-2003, 01:46 AM
Now I would like to have more options for the ammo count.

Ammo could be separated in three categories:

-Ordinance
Bombs, rockets and other exploding/burning stuff.

-Guns
Cannons and machine guns

-Turrets
Any guns that the pilot doesn't fire

the options I want is to turn on/off limited ammo for each of these categories.

ESPECIALLY for the turrets!
===========================
When playing with a friend that isn't so skilled (or have no joystick) he might choose to sit in the turrets.

Now a skilled pilot can keep his ammo and make it count without any probs.

But a newbie have very difficult for this. Thus the newbie friend in the turret would very quickly waste up all his ammo not hitting the enemy./i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

It would also be very boring for him when all the ammo is gone./i/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

Turret is always boring when there is no ammo./i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Therefore, it should be possible to turn on unlimited ammo for the turrets, this would apply to every aircraft just as the ammo count does now.

Maybe one could make the settings like:
unlimited/
1 times the ordinary amount/
2 times the ordinary amount/
3 times the ordinary amount/

to turn off unrestrained spraying./i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

More options is always good. Then more people can create a more fun gaming experience which in the end makes more money for Ubi and the developers./i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Keep up the good work with the game! This is the best amount of money I've ever spended.

(Especially if one takes in account the fun value. Time spent divided with money invested)/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

--
"Too late ... No time."
Concorde pilot Christian Marty, moments before the supersonic jet crashed into a hotel in Gonesse on the outskirts of Paris.

XyZspineZyX
10-09-2003, 01:26 PM
- Maybe one could make the settings like:
- unlimited/
- 1 times the ordinary amount/
- 2 times the ordinary amount/
- 3 times the ordinary amount/
-

I think playing with unlimited ammo is the same as missing out on a central (however difficult) part of game play; preserving and planning ammo usage.

But I really like the idea above, which would let newbies adjust to realism in a step by step manner - or even make online dogfights last a bit longer without having constant wreckless shooting everywhere. Good suggestion!

http://w1.733.comhem.se/~u73302453/a.jpg

XyZspineZyX
10-09-2003, 02:17 PM
yes 2x ammo is a good sugestion /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif
and what about limited bombs/rockets, but 2/3/unlimited gun ammo?

XyZspineZyX
10-09-2003, 03:36 PM
p1ngu666 wrote:
- yes 2x ammo is a good sugestion
- and what about limited bombs/rockets, but
- 2/3/unlimited gun ammo?

Yup, that would be achieved if you group ordinance into three categories as I mentioned earlier.

Adding the possibility to set 1x 2x or 3x ammo to each category would add functionality and optionality. I hope the developers read this.

they should have some kind of automated webpage where one can suggest features, then people can see if the developers are aware of the features.

And if they does not appear in the patches or games then one can know that the developers have rejected that feature wish.

--
"Too late ... No time."