PDA

View Full Version : To buy or not to buy...

XIXDunedainXIX
11-24-2011, 01:52 AM
Hello Forum!

It's been years since I've been here and I now have the option of buying SC: C for R100 = $14.

I would like to get some honest feedback from you guys - is it even worth buying SC:C for PC or will I be fighting the game just to get it to even run?

Have the patches helped or worsened the problems within the game?

What about Co-Op? Is it even playable without having to crack the game?

For reference (if it helps) my PC Rig is:

AMD Athlon II X2 250 3.Ghz
Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 Ti (FPB) 1GB
2GB RAM
Windows XP SP3

I have seen a lot of complaint threads and so I'm skeptical that I'll get a positive response...but hey, fingers crossed! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

cornflakez4u
11-25-2011, 10:28 AM
Like myself, most people don't get any problems running this game.

Regarding co-op, I've only had small problems when playing it. The problem that's the most common for me is getting disconnected due to synchronization problems with my partner. But that has only happened when playing with players living in a different part of the world.

$14? Buy it! You'll have plenty of fun just playing Deniable Ops, not to forget to mention co-op story mode and all the other game modes.

JasonDaPsycho
11-26-2011, 03:25 PM
Even if you're fine with the DRM and just playing the single player, $14 would still be a little too pricey. The patches don't fix much. The multiplayer component is still pretty much a joke. You'll need Tunngle in order to play online with less hassle.

XIXDunedainXIX
11-27-2011, 01:59 AM
What about LAN-play? Do I need to buy two games so that each can have its own account? I assume this is the case?

cornflakez4u
11-28-2011, 01:40 PM
That's the case indeed.

Like I said, I've barely run into problems when playing multiplayer unlike Jason. Guess I got lucky.

wayke0
12-26-2011, 04:11 AM
Don't bother if you played the the entire series and loved that it has been violated you will be violated upon exiting the game you will be enraged by the irksome ads and blah blah loading on the web page when I quit a game I want to quit not go look about some junk blah blah.