PDA

View Full Version : What games are most like Assassin's Creed?

elvindrummer
04-04-2011, 05:13 PM
I have been looking around for a new game to buy since I am almost done with brotherhood but everyone always refers games I don't like haha. So I thought I would try here because people obviously like creed here! So what game would you say is most similar to creed and what game would you most recommend to someone who liked creed? Honestly I have a hard time because tho it is similar in some aspects to other open world games it is really unique.
(also if there is something like this up already I couldn't find it and I apologize)

timpbader
04-04-2011, 05:47 PM
Try Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands. It's another Uplay enabled game. One of the Uplay rewards for it is a Ezio Auditore skin. The game is AC meets Tomb Raider.

Oatkeeper
04-04-2011, 06:39 PM
^ what he said, though I would recommend "Prince Of Persia: The Sands of Time" which is the best of all the games that the series has to offer.

The better explanation would be its like a HUGE AC dungeon, as the AC2 and brother dungeons where purposely designed to be more like PoP. Also Also Assassins Creed was actaully intended to be a freeroam Prince of Persia game before Patrice became interested in the order of the Hashashin and decided to make it its own game. (Patrice is the Creative Director for Sands of time and the creator of Assassins Creed, he no longer works at Ubisoft though, hopefully the series can keep a certain level of quality (and possibly improve to AC1 level of narritive, but thats just wishful thinking)

Batman: Arkham Asylum is an amazing game that shares a few of similarities.

There are a few others but those are the two I can recommend the most.

persiateddy95
04-04-2011, 07:09 PM
It might be a game more "childish", but the Sly Cooper series are pretty awesomely stealthly too.

Daidarapochi
04-04-2011, 07:15 PM
Ever hear of the "Sly" series? I'm fairly certain those are stealthy.

Perfect Dark has quite a bit of stealthiness in it as well.

Oatkeeper
04-04-2011, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by persiateddy95:
It might be a game more "childish", but the Sly Cooper series are pretty awesomely stealthly too.
I forgot about Sly cooper, yes. Anything Insomniac makes is pure gold. Especially the ones with their more cartoonish vibes like Ratchet and Clank.

Trenixdecease
04-04-2011, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by timpbader:
Try Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands.

That's the sad part, this game was similar to GTA and the Godfather, possibly even Mafia. However, they're making it more and more like Prince of Persia, which I hate.

elvindrummer
04-04-2011, 07:53 PM

see I knew people on here had good taste sly was my favorite game series before AC game out. But yea those are amazing they are 2nd or 3rd game series. I think mirrors edge is number 2.

but I'll check out prince of persia. I liked uh the prince of persia with elika but it got a little boring and isn't in my top ten.

monkeyuncle8
04-04-2011, 07:57 PM
theif is definitely a good sneak game, kinda old though

elvindrummer
04-04-2011, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by monkeyuncle8:

whats it on? like game system?

monkeyuncle8
04-04-2011, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by elvindrummer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by monkeyuncle8:

whats it on? like game system? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I know PC
xbox and ps maybe

Oatkeeper
04-04-2011, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Trenixdecease:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timpbader:
Try Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands.

That's the sad part, this game was similar to GTA and the Godfather, possibly even Mafia. However, they're making it more and more like Prince of Persia, which I hate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thats becuase the GTA mission structure was only in AC2 and ACB. and really the structure isnt really all that much of an improvment since it restrict freedom, AC1s structure was fine, it just needed more mission viriaty. the gameplay and feeling of being a stealthy assassin is the main reason most of us became interested in the series.

persiateddy95
04-05-2011, 11:59 AM
but I'll check out prince of persia. I liked uh the prince of persia with elika but it got a little boring and isn't in my top ten.
You played that one? I feel sorry for you.

Try Prince Of Persia The Sands Of Time. Now that's an epic game, definitely my favourite game ever, along with Prince Of Persia Warrior Within.

To show you a bit of the epicness: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHriQNVSB_M

The soundtrack is a masterpiece.

elvindrummer
04-05-2011, 01:46 PM
this is the old sands of time right?

and haha I didn't mind the one prince of persia. I got them to wear altair armor and he became instantly cooler. plus it was the voice of desmond miles lol.

elvindrummer
04-05-2011, 02:58 PM

also since you have played sly have you played infamous and is it any good? or is it just like prototype

persiateddy95
04-05-2011, 03:35 PM
also since you have played sly have you played infamous and is it any good? or is it just like prototype
I'd love to play InFamous since it was also developed by Sucker Punch, same as the Sly Cooper series, but I still haven't played it.
But from what I've seen and heard it's pretty awesome.

Assassinsyk
04-05-2011, 04:05 PM
Just gotta give my two cents, since I took some notes and decided to check out some of the games mentioned here.

Prototype is absolutely awesome. This, RDR, Batman: AA and the AC series is the only games I've ever completed. Oh, and Blur, which also totally rocks.

I usually hate explosion games, absolutely cant stand FPS's, but something about Protoype and being so god allmighty, is awesome. Plus, you get to drive choppers and tanks in addition to being one massive, constantly upgrading weapon, and actually have to use some brains too. And once you get good with the controller, youre unstoppable. Not really anything like AC, but still is.

Only tried InFamous demo, and it didnt stick. A lot of the same style, but just not as good.

magesupermaster
04-05-2011, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Oatkeeper:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by persiateddy95:
I forgot about Sly cooper, yes. Anything Insomniac makes is pure gold. Especially the ones with their more cartoonish vibes like Ratchet and Clank. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But the Sly Cooper series was made by Sucker Punch..

persiateddy95
04-05-2011, 04:27 PM
Only tried InFamous demo, and it didnt stick. A lot of the same style, but just not as good.
I've heard the demo is different from the actual game.

Assassinsyk
04-05-2011, 04:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Only tried InFamous demo, and it didnt stick. A lot of the same style, but just not as good.
I've heard the demo is different from the actual game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Also tried the first hour or so of the game. Might have been the competition it had over my priorities, in also having Blur. But just too much that felt poor and got frustrating, after the great mechanics in AC and prototype.

But hey, might rock once you give it time, its just that first impressions is quite key for me, since theres so many other great games.

elvindrummer
04-05-2011, 04:56 PM
I didn't like prototype. So thats why I don't know if I would like infamous. I heard this game saboteur is like creed somewhat. has anyone played that?

I may just end up buying unchrated 2 even tho it is nothing like creed.

TorQue1988
04-05-2011, 05:00 PM
I didn't like prototype. So thats why I don't know if I would like infamous. I heard this game saboteur is like creed somewhat. has anyone played that?

i played The Saboteur and it was quite decent but not great.

elvindrummer
04-05-2011, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by TorQue1988:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by elvindrummer:

i played The Saboteur and it was quite decent but not great. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

is it kinda like creed? It's cheap now so decent is okay if its cheap lol

Colossus_1191
04-05-2011, 06:27 PM
Try Shadow of the Colossus. It is a simplistic game (nothing but boss fights), but pretty epic. It is an open world with a lot of climbing involved.

Oatkeeper
04-05-2011, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by magesupermaster:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Oatkeeper:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by persiateddy95:
I forgot about Sly cooper, yes. Anything Insomniac makes is pure gold. Especially the ones with their more cartoonish vibes like Ratchet and Clank. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But the Sly Cooper series was made by Sucker Punch.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>My bad, I was a brain-fart becuase of Heroes on the move.

I actuually just got on to correct myself but Im glad someone noticed, since I would hate to see people make my mistake.

phil.llllll
04-05-2011, 08:42 PM
Speaking of sucker punch and open world games, infamous is pretty good. Takes a while to get going but I think it's worth it.

elvindrummer
04-06-2011, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by phil.llllll:
Speaking of sucker punch and open world games, infamous is pretty good. Takes a while to get going but I think it's worth it.

is it a lot like prototype tho? sorry I just didn't really like that game. And I think infamous looks good but I'm worried I won't like it because it will be like prototype

magesupermaster
04-06-2011, 02:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phil.llllll:

is it a lot like prototype tho? sorry I just didn't really like that game. And I think infamous looks good but I'm worried I won't like it because it will be like prototype </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are a few similarities between Prototype And inFAMOUS, but otherwise, they are both completely different.

TBH, I have both of them and I love them! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

elvindrummer
04-06-2011, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by magesupermaster:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by elvindrummer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phil.llllll:

is it a lot like prototype tho? sorry I just didn't really like that game. And I think infamous looks good but I'm worried I won't like it because it will be like prototype </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are a few similarities between Prototype And inFAMOUS, but otherwise, they are both completely different.

TBH, I have both of them and I love them! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what about god of war is it like creed at all? I'm assuming you like it because of signature lol

persiateddy95
04-06-2011, 06:11 PM
By Creed you mean Assassin's Creed?

elvindrummer
04-06-2011, 06:13 PM
By Creed you mean Assassin's Creed?

yes

persiateddy95
04-06-2011, 06:28 PM
Then God Of War is nothing like Assassin's Creed. It's pretty much a button smasher aka hack and slash.

The Square and Triangle buttons are the ones that are mostly used.

http://egamer.co.za/wp-content...llection_trailer.jpg (http://egamer.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/500x_gow_collection_trailer.jpg)

And it has lots of gore.

I like it alot though.

magesupermaster
04-06-2011, 10:17 PM
Basically, what Persia said.

And yeah, I like God of War, it's one of my favorite game series.