PDA

View Full Version : Analysis of AC:B "Truth" *SPOILERS*

megfiregoddess
02-06-2011, 05:55 PM
I finally went and found a video of "The Truth" from AC:B (I even wrote it all down and posted it on the assassin's creed wiki)

Animus Voice: Compiling sub systems. Infrastructure. Tendons. Heart.
Subject 16: Voice.
Desmond: Subject Sixteen?
Subject 16: *laughs* Yes *coughs* yes. Subject seventeen.
Desmond: You’re dead. I saw your blood.
Subject 16: No time. It is far later than you know. Too late to save them.
Desmond: Who?
Subject 16: She is not who you think she is. Everything you hope to become. Everything you hold dear. Its already gone.
Desmond: Explain. Please.
Subject 16: Eden, she… in Eden, find Eve. The key, her DNA.
Desmond: Tell me.
Subject 16: I cannot… the son (sun), your son (sun)… too weak. Must replenish energy.
Desmond: Don’t go!
Subject 16: I am with you, til the end. Find me, in the darkness.

Now that I've looked at it and read it multiple times I am convinced that Subject 16 is alive inside the Animus. Somehow he was able to download a copy of himself into the Animus before he killed himself. I think he still is in the process of rebuilding his body so it wasn't until now that he could rebuild himself enough to talk to Desmond directly. I base this on the things said by the animus "compiling sub systems, tendons, heart" it means that he has organ system or at least is trying to build them.

Next thing that struck me is what subject 16 says about EVE. "in Eden, find Eve." Eve is in Eden. I think this means to find Eve, the original. I once thought it was her decedent but I don't think so anymore. I think Desmond has to find the real Eve and use the Animus to search her memories. I'm thinking she is probably in chryostasis somewhere, maybe not alive but if she could be found either way they may be able to use her DNA in the Animus to find the key to saving humanity.

Evan52395
02-06-2011, 05:59 PM
Or he could find Eve's descendant and put her in the animus and find Eve in the memories.

flipendo93
02-06-2011, 07:12 PM
Isn't Desmond Eve's descendant? He can use the animus to search her DNA/genetic memories.

Also hi. Sooo why does everyone think that finding Eve means finding some new character to throw in the Animus when there's Desmond? Did I miss the day that Desmond being Eve's descendant as well as Adam's was debunked?

startgam2012
02-07-2011, 07:34 AM
Subject 16 says "She is not who you think she is" some people say that Eve is Lucy's ancestor but after I watched Truth I realised that maybe Lucy is not Eve and we have to find that person and your opinion that about "subject 16 is alive" is very good I was thinking about that too

SAVMATIC
02-07-2011, 10:01 AM
16 is definitely alive in consciousness, this has been confirmed in the game guides since day 1 this game was released. The Truth in ACB confirmed everything I thought about 16 from AC2, that hes is indeed alive in some form and is one of the most important characters in this story, hands down. In fact, how 16 continues to play a part in Desmond's story is probably the #1 story element i am looking forward too.
Some people still argue this because they cannot grasp the concept that 16's body is dead but he remains in consciousness, but its not speculation its fact. Its definitely more complex than "downloading a copy of himself" so i wonder if/when this will be explained fully?
Also I dont think Lucy has anything to do with being a descendant of Eve because they never mentioned anything about her having eagle vision, which she should have if she is one.

Good post though btw, thanks for posting dialogue

DEMON-12_21_2O12
02-07-2011, 12:58 PM
Desmond is Adams descendant. Eve's Descendant is who Desmond must find to join the DNA's with(his and hers), in a hope to save humanity and voiding off the Templars. but this leaves question as to the following: if desmond does this and denys the templars their desire, will this mean the resurrection and ruling of the first civilization?

as far as 16 being alive inside the animus, i find this a very good probability, i feel that 16 will wind up holding the key to a lot in the last AC game next year.

if you have the guide book for ACB and AC2 read the extra content in the back. all of this is explained in detail and pushes some hints toward the last game being in France. which kind of makes sense.

Evan52395
02-07-2011, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Demon12-21-2012:
Desmond is Adams descendant. Eve's Descendant is who Desmond must find to join the DNA's with(his and hers), in a hope to save humanity and voiding off the Templars. but this leaves question as to the following: if desmond does this and denys the templars their desire, will this mean the resurrection and ruling of the first civilization?

as far as 16 being alive inside the animus, i find this a very good probability, i feel that 16 will wind up holding the key to a lot in the last AC game next year.

if you have the guide book for ACB and AC2 read the extra content in the back. all of this is explained in detail and pushes some hints toward the last game being in France. which kind of makes sense.
Adam and Eve mated with each other so if Desmond is Adam's descendant, he is also Eve's.

TwentyGlyphs
02-07-2011, 02:49 PM
I really don't get the whole Desmond is Adam's descendant and needs to find Eve's descendant theory. The Biblical account has them mating with each other, and there's been no indication they did or didn't in the game. And why would a half-TWCB and another half-TWCB mating produce a full-TWCB offspring? Genetics don't work that way. Consider if Adam and Eve had children and were both half-breeds, which they must have been to free run in The Truth video, then why weren't their children fully TWCB?

It also doesn't make sense that TWCB are trying to recreate their species in order to rule again. What good would that really do them, since they're still dead themselves? It sounds more like they're trying to help humanity. Especially by telling Desmond to awaken the Sixth Sense, which sounds like a gift to humanity. There are hints in ACB's Clusters that humanity is approaching some sort of awakening, as well as Juno mentioning 72 days before the moment of awakening. Heck, Juno's first words are "We commit this space to the epilogue of our ending. Let it be found by he who is deemed worthy. Let it guide him. Let it shape his path forward. Let it save the world we leave behind." Phrases like epilogue and the world we leave behind sure sound like TWCB have accepted that they're gone.

I get the sense that finding Eve in Eden is literal, and the voice in The Truth video from AC2 was Desmond himself. Her DNA may be the key to activating something, like Ezio's DNA opened the Vault and Desmond's DNA "communed" with the apple in Juno's temple. Juno also says "there is one who would accompany you through the gate. She lies not within our site." Juno and Subject 16 both mention opening a path, so that sounds to me like Eve has to go with you through the path.

Evan52395
02-07-2011, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by coryplayspiano:
I really don't get the whole Desmond is Adam's descendant and needs to find Eve's descendant theory. The Biblical account has them mating with each other, and there's been no indication they did or didn't in the game. And why would a half-TWCB and another half-TWCB mating produce a full-TWCB offspring? Genetics don't work that way. Consider if Adam and Eve had children and were both half-breeds, which they must have been to free run in The Truth video, then why weren't their children fully TWCB?

It also doesn't make sense that TWCB are trying to recreate their species in order to rule again. What good would that really do them, since they're still dead themselves? It sounds more like they're trying to help humanity. Especially by telling Desmond to awaken the Sixth Sense, which sounds like a gift to humanity. There are hints in ACB's Clusters that humanity is approaching some sort of awakening, as well as Juno mentioning 72 days before the moment of awakening. Heck, Juno's first words are "We commit this space to the epilogue of our ending. Let it be found by he who is deemed worthy. Let it guide him. Let it shape his path forward. Let it save the world we leave behind." Phrases like epilogue and the world we leave behind sure sound like TWCB have accepted that they're gone.

I get the sense that finding Eve in Eden is literal, and the voice in The Truth video from AC2 was Desmond himself. Her DNA may be the key to activating something, like Ezio's DNA opened the Vault and Desmond's DNA "communed" with the apple in Juno's temple. Juno also says "there is one who would accompany you through the gate. She lies not within our site." Juno and Subject 16 both mention opening a path, so that sounds to me like Eve has to go with you through the path.
There is a POE that makes you time travel. Maybe they use that and do something.

Black_Widow9
02-07-2011, 11:15 PM
It is important that you remember to add a spoiler warning to the thread title of any thread containing gameplay information. Failure to do so will not only ruin the game for others but put you at risk of suspension, I've edited the title for you on this occasion but make sure to remember this next time.

Please post this here-
The Ending of AC:Brotherhood *SPOILERS* (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9011039408/m/6681079298?r=2531091398#2531091398)

Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>