PDA

View Full Version : Custom Co-op Maps

X Ominuse
06-08-2011, 03:15 PM
I'm new to the forrum but have been a huge fan of Farcry since the original and the map editor in perticular is my favorite part of the game, but one aspect of it has been a thorn in my side since day one. Why can't we add npc enemies to our maps, you can spend 200+ hours making a map that you can hold up and be proud of but your completely reliant on the fickle wims of Xbl/Psn to actually DO anything in it. Imagine creating a Single Player quality map and getting people in it to help you kick some A$$. You could set Npc spawns and respawn rates,
enemy vehicle routes and even the weapons they spawn with. get a few buddies together and do some team based tactical takeovers of enemy held bases. well thats my idea anyhoo http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/typing.gif

killa_677
06-08-2011, 05:12 PM
Yes please. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

IIxXWRATHXxII
06-08-2011, 06:33 PM
Lets pray..lol

CaptainDEEZ
06-10-2011, 06:02 PM
I for one would love the ability to make co-op maps for players to join together online in.

I imagine some real great co-op maps would be made if this was an option.

Fallen-Champ
06-23-2011, 05:30 AM
There are already many excellent co-op maps made for FC2, The ability for 2 people to hook up in the editor at the same time would be amazing, It was fun in Halo Forge even though most of the time people would just mess around and have a laugh.

Whatever they do I hope that there is an option for the Author to Lock and Unlock a map, it was great to allow others to edit a map if you were ok with it but for a spotty snotty nosed kid to take someones work and add a couple of trees then publish and host the map as his/her own = well that just is not right.

Even though the Original Author had their name tag on the map it did not really do them any credit.

I say allow editing if the Original Author allows it - as for co-op in the editor, If it is possible go for it.

Tigra2009
06-23-2011, 06:05 AM
Thats Great Idea! http://smayly.ru/smayly/anime/Yolks/want.png

o0Kman0o
06-24-2011, 01:30 AM
This would keep me intrested forever, No joke
I love making missions for a bunch of friends to play and maybe some random player.
I hope sooo much they put this on.

III REKLESS III
06-24-2011, 09:27 AM
great idea i love creation tools in games and i love co-op so this would be amazing

Yumesama
08-14-2011, 10:12 AM
Absolutely agree.

I've been wanting this in games since it came with "Timesplitters: Future Perfect", another game with a map editor, where it allowed you to create two-player campaign maps complete with enemy spawns, objectives, buttons, doors, enemy patrol routes, weapons etc.

To be able to insert NPC's in the maps, and to designate objectives, and by that create an SP or CO-OP map would be sweet.

To add missions like that to a playlist, effectively creating a custom campaign, with leaderboards per map, could extend the lifetime of the game beyond measure, especially for those who usually play campaign and co-op, and not ordinary multiplayer.

Mapmaker for SP AND MP = Awesomesauce.
Game rules editor = Sweet.
Robust sharing- and co-experience toolset = All That Jazz.

SurpriseInPants
08-16-2011, 07:48 PM
I really hope Ubisoft does let us implement npc's in our maps. I mean, I make maps, but can never get enough people to play a good game. I just stopped making them. But if we could add like 15 enemy's, then this game would last me way more time.

joongooner
08-16-2011, 10:52 PM
I WISH CRYTEK MADE THIS, why? because they have something called Cryengine sandbox 2 and 3. if you guys have the pc power to run crysis or crysis 2 BUY IT. use that map editor. it is so awsome. i still play crysis to this day because of how many player made single player maps there are. (i dont think cryengine sandbox 3 is released yet, but will be soon)