PDA

View Full Version : Demo Easter Eggs

lotr-sam0711
08-24-2005, 05:56 PM
I€ve discovered that the Bahro respond to quite a few things I€ve written or drawn. Here are all the ones I€ve found so far besides the Rain:

-Drawing five circles like you see on a domino will result in the bahro taking the slate, and a link on the pedestal appearing that will take you to the inside of the Island with the weird door. There is a Bubble here that appears to be of D€ni. The tablet is here, but you can€t pick it up€¦ All you can do here is link back to the Bubble on the beach by finding the invisible link on the invisible pedestal.

-Writing Atrus or Uru (Possibly Yeesha will work as well, but I never got it to work.) on the tablet will result in the Bahro taking the tablet and establishing a link that will take you to the quitting screen.

-Writing Esher on the tablet will result in the Bahro singing you a song. (I know this because there is a file that matches the Bahro€s vocals that is called xBahroSing.wav in the Sound folder of the EoA demo.)

-Writing Myst on the tablet results in the Bahro showing an outfit of either Anger or Hatred. It€s hard to label, try it yourself and see€¦

These are all I have found so far, If you find more feel free to post em here!

larsschermer
08-25-2005, 04:27 PM
You can also draw the 2nd symbol located at the end of "the stone maze" i kinda lokes like a WildECayote detonator.a sqare with a T on top plus a line running from the middle of the square to the base of it.

BigReddUplay
08-25-2005, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by lotr-sam0711:
-Drawing five circles like you see on a domino will result in the bahro taking the slate, and a link on the pedestal appearing that will take you to the inside of the Island with the weird door. There is a Bubble here that appears to be of D€ni. The tablet is here, but you can€t pick it up€¦ All you can do here is link back to the Bubble on the beach by finding the invisible link on the invisible pedestal.
This one didn't work for me...
Otherwise, nice finds. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

ZeusmeisterX007
08-25-2005, 11:26 PM
Try it again, but draw the center circle bigger than the rest.

Do you have to write Esher in uppercase or just capitalized?

Eat_My_Shortz
08-26-2005, 01:05 AM
You can also draw the 2nd symbol located at the end of "the stone maze" i kinda lokes like a WildECayote detonator.a sqare with a T on top plus a line running from the middle of the square to the base of it.
What is it suposed to do?
I did it, and it got written in the slate memory so it indicates it's correct. But what effect did it have?

BigReddUplay
08-26-2005, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by ZeusmeisterX007:
Try it again, but draw the center circle bigger than the rest.

Do you have to write Esher in uppercase or just capitalized?
Thanks, it worked.
And I just wrote it capitalized, that works.

larsschermer
08-26-2005, 04:12 AM
I did it, and it got written in the slate memory so it indicates it's correct. But what effect did it have?
well i cant quite get close enought to the second pedistal, for it to do, what its supose to (i get the p4 add, when i aproach). But considerring the detonator/trigger look of the symbol I speculate it will have something to do with the mechanical contraption inside the big numberstone ontop of noloben. also i think you are supose to collect certain symbols, to make the Bahro do a special main task or something.

larsschermer
08-26-2005, 04:16 AM
Has anyone tried writing Tiana, Ghen, and so on. We could go through the whole family tree, and see what happens. It€d keep us busy for a while till the game comes out.

TenaciousTorch
08-26-2005, 09:09 AM
-Writing Myst on the tablet results in the Bahro showing an outfit of either Anger or Hatred. It€s hard to label, try it yourself and see€¦

Tried Riven and Exile. Both resulted in rain. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Eat_My_Shortz
08-26-2005, 09:20 AM
Lol, that Atrus/Uru thing is kinda random...

LordTulla
08-26-2005, 10:00 AM
-Drawing five circles like you see on a domino will result in the bahro taking the slate, and a link on the pedestal appearing that will take you to the inside of the Island with the weird door. Tried this on Noloben but no link appears. The Bahro looks at the slate, links out, and leaves the slate. Returning to the bubble, the pedestal only shows the link to Direbo.

Perhaps this item is positionally dependent? Where when you got this to work?

ZeusmeisterX007
08-26-2005, 10:24 AM
You can do it anywhere. Just make the center circle bigger than the rest.

JustBrett
08-26-2005, 10:56 AM
Draw the symbol as shown on the right side of the pedestal:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v175/BrettM/PedestalSymbol1.jpg

LordTulla
08-26-2005, 11:03 AM
Yes I did make the center circle bigger, but perhaps not big enough or the smaller circles were improperly spaced. I will try again and thanks for the graphic! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

ZeusmeisterX007
08-26-2005, 12:55 PM
I'm thinking that maybe we weren't supposed to guess that and that might be the "final" symbol you get when you complete the Age.

Mr Zebe D
08-26-2005, 04:14 PM
You can work it out. It's the orientation of the rain pots around the larger one.

ZeusmeisterX007
08-26-2005, 10:39 PM
Does anybody know what the symbol on the second pedistal does? I think it makes the sky dark.

lotr-sam0711
08-27-2005, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Eat_My_Shortz:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You can also draw the 2nd symbol located at the end of "the stone maze" i kinda lokes like a WildECayote detonator.a sqare with a T on top plus a line running from the middle of the square to the base of it.
I did it, and it got written in the slate memory so it indicates it's correct. But what effect did it have? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yep they need to be all caps!

Has anyone tried writing Tiana, Ghen, and so on. We could go through the whole family tree, and see what happens. It€d keep us busy for a while till the game comes out. I tried Ghen, and D'ni with no results...I havn't tried Ti'ana yet...

ZeusmeisterX007
08-27-2005, 03:41 PM
The second symbol seems to make the clouds dark and ominous, but I'm not sure.

Mr Zebe D
08-27-2005, 03:51 PM
His name is Gehn, not Ghen. I don't think it'll make any difference to the outcome though.

uecasm
08-27-2005, 05:11 PM
I think the whole thing is just accidental anyway -- the slate's just being too lenient about accepting certain shapes, thinking that they're actually the symbols its expecting.

Witness the fact that on another thread someone has said that pure random scribbling seems to get recognised as the double-circle-with-horizontal-line link.