PDA

View Full Version : A lost cause!

warmonger61
02-10-2006, 02:20 PM
I just started my 28th ptl,it's june of 1943 and I am really starting to feel the effects of the allied superiority in the north Atlantic. Between the constant air attacks (12 sunderlands at a time??) and the destroyers appearing out of nowhere,you really start to empathize with what these men had to endure. At this point I find the game really challenging, and sadly... not that much fun anymore. It's becoming quite an accomplishment just to stay alive, let alone sink any ships. Attacking any convoys at this point, is increasingly becomming a suicide run. What to do when faced with insurmountible obsticles such as these? full steam ahead I say, and just do the best that you can (while keeping your head down of course!) this game is quite an experience... it brings you to the shores of victory to the depths of defeat!!

Hoatee
02-10-2006, 02:22 PM
Awwww, no politics...'leaves the thread'

Stuntcow
02-10-2006, 02:47 PM
Full steam ahead may not be the best corse of action. I would go with "ahead slow" with maybe a "90 to port". Maybe even dive a little. But thats just me.

paulhager
02-10-2006, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by warmonger61:
I just started my 28th ptl,it's june of 1943 and I am really starting to feel the effects of the allied superiority in the north Atlantic. Between the constant air attacks (12 sunderlands at a time??) and the destroyers appearing out of nowhere,you really start to empathize with what these men had to endure. At this point I find the game really challenging, and sadly... not that much fun anymore. It's becoming quite an accomplishment just to stay alive, let alone sink any ships. Attacking any convoys at this point, is increasingly becomming a suicide run. What to do when faced with insurmountible obsticles such as these? full steam ahead I say, and just do the best that you can (while keeping your head down of course!) this game is quite an experience... it brings you to the shores of victory to the depths of defeat!!

You, my friend, need to go on a high FaT diet. With a side order of Wrens. And a dollup of FLAK for seasoning. Does wonders for digesting convoys.

trident42
02-10-2006, 06:09 PM
Adapt my friend, adapt. Change is the only constant in this world http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

paulhager
02-10-2006, 06:13 PM
Along with FaTs and Wrens and the U-FLAK, go with the best anti-sonar and anti-radar coatings along with the most advanced decoys. Attack from longer range and always fire spreads when not firing FaTs. You'll miss a lot or hit the wrong targets but you'll have a decent chance of surviving.

warmonger61
02-10-2006, 09:44 PM
Sounds like a plan, I must try this high Fat diet, along with a side order of tenacity... apparently it works wonders!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif