PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 2: Brotherhood Multiplayer Wants and Ideas

ThrownInLie
05-20-2010, 04:17 PM
Hey guys, I'm just going to post some "ideas" that I feel should be added to upcoming assassin's creed 2: brotherhood. I'll just emphasize that these are all in MY opinion... Feel free to contribute your own ideas! Or criticize mine, w/e haha

<UL TYPE=SQUARE> 1) Game mode where one man is the target and runs around the map disguising himself with local AI and avoiding the assassins. (Faster than them?, like borgia's messengers)

2) Game mode where a team guards an "important" AI like Lorenzo Medici or maybe even Ezio- the brotherhood of assassins/templars? are the guards(give him some extra health/armor and AI capabilities, or make him a playable character)

3) Good old team deathmatch or free for all http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

4) Retrieve the codex mode where it is almost like territories, where a team fights for one out of many codes and tries to retrieve them before time runs out (it takes time to retrieve it/open the lock to the box). I think this one would work nicely, except for the possible camping at the last codex...although in assassins creed it seems a lot harder to take out an entire team with one camper. Multiple entrances seems a good idea, not the one door from the single player.

5) Race mode, where you race to finish the secret locations (the other assassins appear as ghosts so they can't really bump into you in the limited space there is)

6) Capture the Flag! I actually think this game would be really cool with capture the flag, maybe even make the flag a weapon of its own like in halo? The team coordination would be awesome... [/list]
More to come, just had to list some of the basic ideas I had...

Some replies this thread has gotten:

Originally posted by Marius_Darkwolf:
I think this is an interesting idea.
one person is "master assassin" and they are in an npc model (could be any of the models at random, or even his classes model) and he has to kill the other assassins, who are in their standard models, but here's the kicker, those assassins are also hunting him, but in a free for all, so only one person gets to kill him, and they become the new master assassin. So you've got the other assassins killing each other and trying to get the MA, while the MA has to watch out for everyone.

Originally posted by Assassian10102:
I think that they should have those kinds of artifacts like on free for all or something like the apple of eden if you get it you multiply and like the other ones but they should only show the ones that are shown in the story mode and you get the artifact by killing a lot of players to get it I think it would be pretty cool if that put this in the game.

Originally posted by ThrownInLie:
Yea I think it would be pretty cool...

As for the capture the flag I just had a thought- using the flag as a weapon won't work with ac2 because you wouldn't be able to climb and make a quick getaway when the maps will probably have a lot of buildings...

So I thought: make the flag a cape! Like, a larger more prominent version of the auditore cape that makes you notorious and distinguishable...but still alows you to get away from the base. Plus, you would look really awesome as you get away xD
Might make you a bit slower for balancing... Oh wait, that makes it more like oddball than ctf lol haha, where you could have a "most time wearing the cape wins"

Use this for another objective gametype then?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think ctf would be okay with ac2 because of the variety of weapons, there seems to be a crossbow in brotherhood and there is a gun...

Festival map sounds good for ac2, but I thought part of normal venice would be awesome with ctf if you have the main canal dividing the two sides...imagine all the assassins lurking on opposite sides waiting for the flag runner to cross the bridge or go through a gondala.

Oh, and I have a feeling the festival games they made you go through are probably going to be in multiplayer, although some of them were boring to me like the collect ribbons from the women...

There have been some useful replies by people giving ideas on how to tweak some of these gamemodes to make them balanced:

Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:
I think most are likely except for 1 and 6. For one, it would make extremely unfair circumstances since they would have more than one class after him while he only had one. They would need to many things added to the lonestar which then would lose the realsim. And for 6, not that assassin-ey unless it's only like at a map of the festival like back in AC2. If it's just regular it would be weird lol

Originally posted by ThrownInLie:
Yea, thought about balance...maybe the opposite way? 5 Borgia runners and one assassin, timed so that if the runner makes it without dying he wins.

Point system, not by kills...

Or, if it were by kills, it would be how many kills you can get in a set amount of time per round as an assassin and then the next round a new assassin is picked, until everyone has had their go.

I like 1st better lol.

EmperorxZurg
05-20-2010, 04:54 PM
I think most are likely except for 1 and 6. For one, it would make extremely unfair circumstances since they would have more than one class after him while he only had one. They would need to many things added to the lonestar which then would lose the realsim. And for 6, not that assassin-ey unless it's only like at a map of the festival like back in AC2. If it's just regular it would be weird lol

ThrownInLie
05-20-2010, 07:27 PM
Yea, thought about balance...maybe the opposite way? 5 Borgia runners and one assassin, timed so that if the runner makes it without dying he wins.

Point system, not by kills...

Or, if it were by kills, it would be how many kills you can get in a set amount of time per round as an assassin and then the next round a new assassin is picked, until everyone has had their go.

I like 1st better lol.

EmperorxZurg
05-20-2010, 07:37 PM
oh, sorta like Juggernaut except instead of raised shields, he's the only one killing? Like a Michael Myers of sorts?

ThrownInLie
05-20-2010, 07:55 PM
Haha you could say that, although if you've played Halo 3 Infection it would be more like one overpowered alpha zombie going against the humans that don't respawn when killed.

Like fat boy on normal speed with zombie minions/respawns.

EmperorxZurg
05-20-2010, 08:03 PM
haha, that would be fun to see in AC style.

ThrownInLie
05-20-2010, 08:15 PM
Yea I think it would be pretty cool...

As for the capture the flag I just had a thought- using the flag as a weapon won't work with ac2 because you wouldn't be able to climb and make a quick getaway when the maps will probably have a lot of buildings...

So I thought: make the flag a cape! Like, a larger more prominent version of the auditore cape that makes you notorious and distinguishable...but still alows you to get away from the base. Plus, you would look really awesome as you get away xD
Might make you a bit slower for balancing... Oh wait, that makes it more like oddball than ctf lol haha, where you could have a "most time wearing the cape wins"

Use this for another objective gametype then?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think ctf would be okay with ac2 because of the variety of weapons, there seems to be a crossbow in brotherhood and there is a gun...

Festival map sounds good for ac2, but I thought part of normal venice would be awesome with ctf if you have the main canal dividing the two sides...imagine all the assassins lurking on opposite sides waiting for the flag runner to cross the bridge or go through a gondala.

Oh, and I have a feeling the festival games they made you go through are probably going to be in multiplayer, although some of them were boring to me like the collect ribbons from the women...

Marius_Darkwolf
05-22-2010, 02:14 PM
I think this is an interesting idea.
one person is "master assassin" and they are in an npc model (could be any of the models at random, or even his classes model) and he has to kill the other assassins, who are in their standard models, but here's the kicker, those assassins are also hunting him, but in a free for all, so only one person gets to kill him, and they become the new master assassin. So you've got the other assassins killing each other and trying to get the MA, while the MA has to watch out for everyone.

rob.davies2014
05-22-2010, 02:56 PM
u know the ACB picture we see of ezio with three ppl each side i think the ppl on the left are assassins and the ones on the left are templars!
Assassins
- The hooded guuy just screams assassin!
- The courtesans helped ezio in AC2, so it stand that tey'll still help him now.
- The doctors also helped Ezio in number 2, same reasoning

Templars
-They all look so mean and creepy! They're all new factions, and dnt look like they'd fit in with the assassin gang.

Just a theory

EmperorxZurg
05-22-2010, 04:03 PM
Marius, you just described Juggernaut from Halo

Russel, They're all Templars. The point of this game is that the Templars from Desmond's time are being put in animus' to train in the assassin way and know how they fight but they're allegiance is to Templars, hence why their weapons have the Templar cross. Except for the far right hooded one, the only one whose weapon does NOT have a cross, so he's probably the only actual assassin through and through. The courtesans are probably traitors who wanted money and power and became corrupt through the templars. Like the Nobles and thugs in the pic

rob.davies2014
05-22-2010, 04:34 PM
Oh i see, sorry i hadnt realised. So we play as renaissance assassin-style templars? cooool...
Assassins seem pretty outnumbered, but they make up 4 it in awesomeness! Thanks 4 enlightening me.

EmperorxZurg
05-22-2010, 05:55 PM
ya pretty much, its supposed to be like how in Desmonds time the templars outnumber the Assassins, it'll be pretty awesome though to see like one assassin cutting down almost 50 templars though lol

An_Idea
05-22-2010, 06:28 PM
they might do it either like red dead redemption's free roam (which is great) but hopefully more to do. or like splinter cells old multiplayer formula. the new one isnt as good T.T

Marius_Darkwolf
05-23-2010, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:

Russel, They're all Templars. The point of this game is that the Templars from Desmond's time are being put in animus' to train in the assassin way and know how they fight but they're allegiance is to Templars, hence why their weapons have the Templar cross. Except for the far right hooded one, the only one whose weapon does NOT have a cross, so he's probably the only actual assassin through and through. The courtesans are probably traitors who wanted money and power and became corrupt through the templars. Like the Nobles and thugs in the pic
Nothing wrong with borrowing a good multiplayer mode, hehe otherwise doom would be the only deathmatch around http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif just call it master assassin mode. be more interesting than juggernaut I think, because of eaglevision

ThrownInLie
05-23-2010, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by Marius_Darkwolf:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:

Nothing wrong with borrowing a good multiplayer mode, hehe otherwise doom would be the only deathmatch around http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif just call it master assassin mode. be more interesting than juggernaut I think, because of eaglevision </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha yep nothing wrong with it, each game calls for unique gameplay albeit similar gameplay...

Plus, I don't really think he said it was bad that you were describing juggernaut, he just pointed it out I think http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

(I described a few halo favorites like infection, etc http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif)

El_Sjietah
05-23-2010, 04:55 AM
It's not like Halo invented those anyway. When you give credit, at least give credit to the right game.

Assassian10102
05-23-2010, 08:52 AM
I think that they should have those kinds of artifacts like on free for all or something like the apple of eden if you get it you multiply and like the other ones but they should only show the ones that are shown in the story mode and you get the artifact by killing a lot of players to get it I think it would be pretty cool if that put this in the game.

Marius_Darkwolf
05-23-2010, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Assassian10102:
Actually using the artifacts, or codex pages would make a great CtF mode

SWJS
05-23-2010, 02:58 PM
I only want one thing: local multiplayer. I'd rather play with my closest friends than random idiots over live. That and I'm broke and can't afford gold.

Murcuseo
05-23-2010, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:
I only want one thing: local multiplayer. I'd rather play with my closest friends than random idiots over live. That and I'm broke and can't afford gold.

lol not everyone who plays online games is a tool, the majority are but not everyone http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

If we had private servers that would be cool, no idea of the likelihood of that though http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

nitres15
05-23-2010, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Robson19822009:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:

lol not everyone who plays online games is a tool, the majority are but not everyone http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

If we had private servers that would be cool, no idea of the likelihood of that though http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
i dont think tools play games maybe im wrong http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif lol just joking

Marius_Darkwolf
05-24-2010, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by nitres155:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robson19822009:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:

If we had private servers that would be cool, no idea of the likelihood of that though http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
i dont think tools play games maybe im wrong http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif lol just joking </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sure they are, I got nailed by a Hammer in Halo3 multiplayer, and I won't tell you what the screwdriver did http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

ThrownInLie
06-05-2010, 03:26 PM
Cat and mouse game mode is confirmed for the final product.

For an explanation: You are a templar using an animus to train (multiplayer story) in the ways of the assassin. You spawn in a map filled with AI, choose your character, and it gives you a specific target to hunt. It tells you the distance and direction of your target in the UI. There is a catch- you are being hunted also. There are chase sequences- like in the secret locations I guess, with that templar running away from you? Abilities to temporarily morph your character and those around you. If you kill an AI instead of your target you lose points, if you kill the right guy you win points. Giving yourself away will start a chase!

Sounds very stealthy and much more "tactical" than other popular games like *cough* fps mw2*cough* (i do like shooters btw lol)

Oh and, sounds like fun!

MuffinMan00
06-05-2010, 11:19 PM
I think you should be able to dress up your character.

Sporkfighter
06-06-2010, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by MuffinMan00:

From what I understand you do get to "dress them up" I am just wondering how much freedom there will be as far as customizing your assassin(s') look, it would be awesome to have a small amount of control of physical aspects and then a large amount over the overall look of your character just so the multiplayer doesn't get boring as far as who you are playing with/against. Plus what fan of assassin's creed hasn't wanted to make their own assassin to play with.

I was wondering if the multiplayer is just based out of Abstergo and the Templars or if there is also some actual Assassin interactivity with it, anyone know?

Fairus60
06-06-2010, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by MuffinMan00:
Yeah, but very unlikely, since you select your character through classes...

ThrownInLie
02-21-2011, 01:49 AM
Nice to see some of the ideas in this thread were used/will be used in the final product.

Codex/Chest Capture, VIP http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ShadowRage41
02-21-2011, 08:30 AM
I have really enjoyed Brotherhoods multi. It's been a welcomed respite from the FPS games I have played. but I believe a Red Dead type of online format for an AC game would just blow people out of the water.

Archosakun
02-21-2011, 08:43 AM
An idea:
Put the whispers in SFX instead of Music?

SWJS
02-21-2011, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Archosakun:
An idea:
Put the whispers in SFX instead of Music? This. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

masterfenix2009
02-21-2011, 07:17 PM
SWJS you ran out of gold? Havent been online in three days. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif