PDA

View Full Version : 4.01

jamesw21943
06-22-2005, 10:46 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gifweve now had a few days of flying under our belts and as far as i,m concerned you and your team have outdone yourselves once again.i agree that the new flight mod is harder to fly but by useing a genteler touch on the controlls,gradually applying throttle, locking the tail wheel ect i find that i,m slowly improving.now if i could only shoot like buzz beurling!!
i also like the tire chirp[even if it happens on grass runways]and the necesity of soft landings or the gear will collapse. the new clouds are spectacular so thanks again for a job well done.anyone out there makeing co-op missions take a bow too as you have helped make a great sim even greater.thanks and happy flying to all

jw21943

jamesw21943
06-22-2005, 10:46 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gifweve now had a few days of flying under our belts and as far as i,m concerned you and your team have outdone yourselves once again.i agree that the new flight mod is harder to fly but by useing a genteler touch on the controlls,gradually applying throttle, locking the tail wheel ect i find that i,m slowly improving.now if i could only shoot like buzz beurling!!
i also like the tire chirp[even if it happens on grass runways]and the necesity of soft landings or the gear will collapse. the new clouds are spectacular so thanks again for a job well done.anyone out there makeing co-op missions take a bow too as you have helped make a great sim even greater.thanks and happy flying to all

jw21943

VW-IceFire
06-22-2005, 11:01 PM
Agreed!

RAF_Loke
06-23-2005, 02:43 AM
Yup agree, it's getting better and better the more I fly.
As a bomber pilot it has become more difficult to make precise bombing, but not impossible.
Take offs and landings is now also more difficult.
Flying strait with level stabilizer on also require more adjustment to the rudder trim.
Last Monday I took a smoke break while the plane was stabilized enroute back to base. When I returned it was flying in a whole different direction http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

BTW here a quote from our BBS posted by RAF_Macaw, well worth looking in to.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> In HARDWARE SETUP from the main menu you will see the INPUT button, open this to reveal the detail settings that can be adjusted.

Taking each axis in turn tweek the control settings for PITCH ROLL and YAW.

Also you have a graphical display which will show you how the joystick input relates to control surface inputs. Using this to move your joystick through the complete movement range, you will see instantly if your joystick has any hotspots or sticky spots in the potentiometers, and the graphical display is a good way to see how you axis input settings effect the control surface reaction to your joystick input.

EG:

for Pitch I may have a input curve that went like this.

10 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 90 100 = %stick move.
04 11 19 29 43 56 66 75 83 90 = % controls move.

Sensitivity curve of

4 7 8 10 14 13 11 9 8 7

For UP elevator control this gives a dampening on the initial inputs, to protect against over control, gives more command in the mid range of the stick movement in the comfort zone, and reduces the effect if I get exurberant at the maximun control surface deflection. in fact you may note it stopped with the short end point, of ever pulling 100% elevator up, a setting to reduce the snap stall frequency experienced, me being what is scientifically termed a yugger.

For testing on V4.01 I have put all control settings back to the game built linear straight line of %age equivalents, and it is re-setting this fine tune I refer to when i say a rethink on control settings.

The Deadband is a null point, at which there is NO input for a certain few initial degrees of stick movement, this is to assist if you have a stick with extra play at the centre point, or one which has a strong centering.

The filtering is a smoothing of the input readings from the potentiometer, imagine the input signals as a series of peaks and toughs, the filtering smooths out any unwanted or erroneous extra spikes which would otherwise make your control inputs twitchy or erratic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maple_Tiger
06-23-2005, 02:44 AM
Bump,

Well said, stated, and typed, old chap!