PDA

View Full Version : Looks / Attributes

Taldur
07-19-2010, 08:44 AM
Does anybody know whether each of the multiplayer characters have special attributes (running/climbing speed. Quicker escape. certain abilities) or whether they are only skins (asthetic) ????

Taldur

jimbo11235813
07-19-2010, 08:58 AM
Edit: Thanks PlagueDoctor, sorry bout that. From what I've read its just aesthetic. I think you get to choose the abilities you want, but can only have two at a time and the paired abilities, I'd assume, are chosen before you start the match. The only difference is the weapon and assassination animations, as far as I know.

Sorry about my original mistake.

PlagueDoctor357
07-19-2010, 09:12 AM
You read his question wrong haha.

Yes im fairly certain that the multiplayer characters are all even and just have different kill animations and what not.

I think there are upgrades but its just little things.

Abeonis
07-19-2010, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by PlagueDoctor357:
Yes im fairly certain that the multiplayer characters are all even and just have different kill animations and what not.

You may be right, but I would be highly surprised if each class did not have a distinguishing feature, besides their weapons. They would need to in order for the gameplay to balance correctly.

El_Sjietah
07-19-2010, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Abeonis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PlagueDoctor357:

You may be right, but I would be highly surprised if each class did not have a distinguishing feature, besides their weapons. They would need to in order for the gameplay to balance correctly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lolwut? Equality is the only true balance. Giving each character its own unique feature is what would make it a pain to balance.

Abeonis
07-19-2010, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by El_Sjietah:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Abeonis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PlagueDoctor357:

But if every single character is the sae, there would be no need for people to change their character, and the attractiveness of the MP would quickly simmer out. So, once again, I'd be surprised if they didn't.
You may be right, but I would be highly surprised if each class did not have a distinguishing feature, besides their weapons. They would need to in order for the gameplay to balance correctly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lolwut? Equality is the only true balance. Giving each character its own unique feature is what would make it a pain to balance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But if each character is the same, the replay value for the MP would quickly simmer out. No-one would want to, or see the need of, changing the characters every so often, which is a recipe for disaster in terms of keeping people interested in the game. Ubisoft would be foolish not to provide each character with varying attributes.

El_Sjietah
07-19-2010, 01:13 PM
Yeh, look how bad games like Counter Strike are doing http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

EzioAssassin51
07-20-2010, 03:36 AM
I'm pretty sure each character will have unlockable abilities (hopefully each has one or two uniques) and maybe we will have new unlockable skins for them. Eg. The Courtesan has a different coloured and longer dress!

Plus, i think there are Custom Abilities (e.g. custom 1, Custom 2 etc.) where you can make your own ability sets!