PDA

View Full Version : Other Assassins Have Ring Finger

Malocchio21
11-30-2007, 06:39 PM
I did a quick search on this and couldn't find any substantial info on the first few search result pages so just thought I would mention it...Altair is the ONLY assassin in Masyaf with a missing finger...probably just something Ubi missed when creating all the characters...although they did do a good job of detail with evrything else, any ideas?

Malocchio21
11-30-2007, 06:39 PM
I did a quick search on this and couldn't find any substantial info on the first few search result pages so just thought I would mention it...Altair is the ONLY assassin in Masyaf with a missing finger...probably just something Ubi missed when creating all the characters...although they did do a good job of detail with evrything else, any ideas?

Tela
11-30-2007, 06:41 PM
Altair is a MASTER assassin. Could be he's the only one that needed a hidden blade.

dirtybird21
11-30-2007, 06:43 PM
YEah i'm pretty sure they only did it with the high ranking assassins...

Kaxen6
11-30-2007, 06:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dirtybird21:
YEah i'm pretty sure they only did it with the high ranking assassins... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Though in the artbook (the free Gamestop one) they show the lower-ranked assassins having the hidden blade also. @_@ did they change their minds or something?

Malocchio21
11-30-2007, 06:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tela:
Altair is a MASTER assassin. Could be he's the only one that needed a hidden blade. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought about that too but in the beginning when you are with Malek and his brother, Malek has a hidden blade, but also has his finger...

dirtybird21
11-30-2007, 06:53 PM
Idk maybe Altair wanted 2 show them he's more of a baddass and cut his finger off :/

Tela
11-30-2007, 07:01 PM
Then it was probably just a detail they missed. (ouch, to cutting off fingers anyway)

MattB101
11-30-2007, 07:52 PM
If you look at Lucy's hand right after she shows you that she is missing a finger, you can see that the finger "magically" reappears.

Its one of the many items that could have been refined more; but in the end Assassin's Creed is a kicka$$ game!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

DreamerM
11-30-2007, 08:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MattB101:
If you look at Lucy's hand right after she shows you that she is missing a finger, you can see that the finger "magically" reappears.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's because she has her finger. She folded it back to make a point. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

KillerTrilby
12-01-2007, 05:57 PM
Mabie Altair messed up and the blade popped out while he punched sumone and thats how he lost his finger...

METELHEAD9000
12-01-2007, 06:00 PM
I think Malik was missing his left ring finger in the Salmain's temple memory

eliteassassin69
12-01-2007, 06:36 PM
its just something they made up. I beleive.
and they said it is an initiation ritual for assassins so it has notin to do with rank

cooldude6681
12-01-2007, 06:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by METELHEAD9000:
I think Malik was missing his left ring finger in the Salmain's temple memory </div></BLOCKQUOTE>"Solomon's" http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Anyways, Ubisoft must've just messed up or forgotten when they modeled all the other assassins. They said the removal of the ring finger is part of the initiation ceremony, but Alta&iuml;r is the only assassin in Masyaf (or any of the other cities, for that matter) who is missing his ring finger. Heck, even the informant missions, those assassins have the hidden blades, and have all their fingers.

The only assassin - other than Alta&iuml;r - who is missing a ring finger is Malik, who is missing his entire arm.

Dunno
12-01-2007, 11:10 PM
The other assassins have wives, if you listen to them talk. It was either grow their finger back or sleep in the garage. have to wear the wedding ring on that finger. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Tela
12-01-2007, 11:14 PM
In the word "wives", Dunno, the main part is the 'S' at the end. Al Mualim has a harem.