PDA

View Full Version : Inspiration: Bombing ala WarBirds

Czunik
11-17-2004, 08:08 AM
In Warbirds, when you enter bombardier sight, autopilot is automatically set into 'maintain level and altitude' mode. You can still control throttle with joystick and even direction of flight. If you push stick to the left, autopilot will do very slight bank to the left, so you can precisly line-up with the target without leaving the sights. I always imagine bomber-man talking to pilot "little to the left .. yet more, that's right".
Not mentionin that autopilot realy maintains altitude. And of course you can drop bombs one by one.

In PF there is problem with everything. Maitaining altitude, lining up, droping bombs .. and all together with complicated sights settings .. I guess option 'automatic bombardier sights' would be nice. I know, not as real .. but tell me, do you rally use full engine management all the time ?
And finally .. He111 sights in B25 ? Where is this famous Norden ?

Czunik
11-17-2004, 08:08 AM
In Warbirds, when you enter bombardier sight, autopilot is automatically set into 'maintain level and altitude' mode. You can still control throttle with joystick and even direction of flight. If you push stick to the left, autopilot will do very slight bank to the left, so you can precisly line-up with the target without leaving the sights. I always imagine bomber-man talking to pilot "little to the left .. yet more, that's right".
Not mentionin that autopilot realy maintains altitude. And of course you can drop bombs one by one.

In PF there is problem with everything. Maitaining altitude, lining up, droping bombs .. and all together with complicated sights settings .. I guess option 'automatic bombardier sights' would be nice. I know, not as real .. but tell me, do you rally use full engine management all the time ?
And finally .. He111 sights in B25 ? Where is this famous Norden ?